1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Huntington Beach Summer Kickoff

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by goblue82, May 13, 2016.

1. May 22, 2016 at 7:46 PM
    madsand

madsand wanderer

Member:
    First Name:
    sandz
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DBLCB LB sports 4x4 SC
    Icon 2.5" Remote Reservoir Extended Travel CDCV Icon tubular UCA Icon add a leaf Method NV wheels Nitto trail grappler MT 285/70/17 Weather Tech floor mat All Pro rock slider
    Better be there early to get a spot

ODNAREM and digitaLbraVo like this.
  2. May 22, 2016 at 7:49 PM
    MadTaco461

MadTaco461 BRO runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CA
    Vehicle:
    99 turbo 5 lug long travel
    Kinda stock
    I'll be there for sure now. I don't fly out for my business trip until Sunday.

ODNAREM, nfs257 and kyle11863 like this.
  3. May 23, 2016 at 7:30 AM
    SlipperyTaco

SlipperyTaco Slippery when Wet

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma 4x4 & 2014 4Runner Trail Premium
    FOX 2.5 C/O, CAMBURG UCA, FOX 2.0 REAR, SMP CUSTOM FRONT BUMPER, BAMF LCA SKIDS, SCS RAY 10 MATTE GREY WHEELS, 305/70/16 BFG KO2, ALL PRO STANDARD LEAF PACK, ALL PRO SLIDERS, U-BOLT FLIP KIT, MARLIN CRAWLER REAR BUMPER, TIMBREN REAR BUMPSTOPS, WHEELERS SS BRAKE LINE F/R, D-BADGED, GIBSON CAT BACK, K&N CAI, LINE-X , GREY WIRE MOD, APOLLO 3.0 SHROUDS, D2S XB 5500K HID BULBS, LED HALOS, LED DEMON EYES, TRS LED BULBS, BHLM, IGGY PODS, CALI RAISED PODS, 30" CALI RAISED 4D LIGHT BAR, BESTOP SUPERTOP, TRASHAROO , WET OKOLE SEAT COVERS. 4 RUNNER- 2014 TRAIL PREMIUM W/KDSS KINGS FRONT AND REAR DIRT KING BALL JOINT UCA METAL TECH LONG TRAVEL SPRINGS METAL TECH UPPER/LOWER LINKS SONORAN STEEL KDSS TRACK BAR URD EXHAUST URD Y PIPE URD MAF CALIBRATOR PEDAL COMMANDER PRINSU ROOF RACK RIGID ADAPT LIGHT BAR SCS SR8 17" GUNMETAL 285/70/17 FALKEN WILDPEAKS TRS FOG LIGHTS TRS HID KIT SS OFFROAD SLIMLINE WITH SIDE PROTECTION COASTAL REAR SWINGOUT HEFTY FAB SKIDS
    @goblue82
    Hey Buddy put me down as a maybe the kids really wanna go.. what time and what beach?
    I'm trying to get someone to cover my shift.

ODNAREM and madsand like this.
  4. May 23, 2016 at 7:38 AM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    Hell yhea she would. She loves looking and finding treasures!

ODNAREM and WileECoyote[QUOTED] like this.
  5. May 23, 2016 at 8:14 AM
    madsand

madsand wanderer

Member:
    First Name:
    sandz
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    Icon 2.5" Remote Reservoir Extended Travel CDCV Icon tubular UCA Icon add a leaf Method NV wheels Nitto trail grappler MT 285/70/17 Weather Tech floor mat All Pro rock slider
    If you go, I'll bring my CB stuff for you to look at :D

6. May 23, 2016 at 8:57 AM
    WileECoyote

WileECoyote Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    Yaesu FT-1900R w/ 2m/70cm Comet SBB-224 antenna, Cobra 19 DX IV w/ 4ft Francis CB24 Hot Rod antenna, Uniden Bearcat BC355N 800Mhz mobile scanner (analog), an external BNC mount routed to inside the cab for a handheld fire/police scanner or HAM HT's, Rancho RS5000 front struts and rear shocks, 6in KC Daylighter (pencil beam), 15x7 Black Rock Wheels Series 942, 31x10.50R15 Firestone Destination AT, fog lights, COBRA antenna hood mount (this is used to mount the GoPro on to)
    SilverRing_1.jpg SilverRing_2.jpg StChristopherSilverCharm_June_24_2012_front.jpg StChristopherSilverCharm_June_24_2012_back.jpg

Cool, very cool!!! It's looking like I MIGHT be able to come, but I have to leave by about 4ish. I'll bring 2x of my setups that I always tend to use. Very easy to learn on as well!!! :thumbsup::fistbump:

Found this ring at a high school. When I went with my friend afterwork, a guy, my friend's friend, was a F'N a$$hat to me when we met him up at the school?! He has always been an a$$ to me for some reason :confused:o_O You'll like this story!!! My friend invites me to go with him to a high school in/near Cerritos afterwork because him and his friend are going to go workout/exercise on the track, fields, and bleachers. I ask if I can bring my MD'r because I've never done a school before? My friend says sure and I was like :bananadance:!!! His friend was already there to meet us and I immediately pop my trunk open and start "gearing up" and while they're putting on their walking shoes and stuff, he's asking me, "do you really think that you're going to actually find anything with that...", but in a VERY, VERY CONDESCENDING way?! I simply tell him, "I don't know, but it's not gonna hurt to try, because many people have found jewelry on school grounds..." and during this whole time I am being cordial about the whole conversation even though the guy is just a natural di--head!!! He continues to talk to my friend about other things and we head off walking alongside the campus and I'm scoping the soccer field at this point (NOTE: I do NOT dig the "field" but the sidelines... of course). He again, starts talking shi- and I start shutting him out because I am now focused on looking at my "search grid" (i.e. the sidelines, bleachers, etc). We get to the track, they walk in and start running, and I start sweeping my coil and my first hit was a 10cent piece. My second hit was either a 25cent piece or the Canadian cent piece that I found. So I'm sweeping for about 20min and they come back out to stretch and do other things as well. AS THEY COME OUT, they start to ask me if I have found anything and... AT THAT MOMENT... I shi- you not Bryan, I'm digging up a VERY SOLID "dime signal"!!! I cut my plug and flip it over and immediately notice a dull silver colored object :oops::eek:!!! It still could have been trash so I'm not TOO excited... YET... LOL!!! I pop it out of the plug and YELL out, "I found my first silver ring... it's a '925'...!!!" :thumbsup: Immediately, the trash talker friend is like, "no way, 'are you sure'..." and I'm like thinking, "bro, you need some sort of happiness in your life man... o_O" Anyways, "my" friend was just stoked!!! I found it on one of the "ends" of the soccer field I was scoping out and honestly, I didn't really expect to find anything at the "ends"???!!! LOL!!! It's just where the coil met the ground and where I started sweeping, LOL!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::thumbsup::fistbump:

That was my second silver find and it IS a very FUGLY looking ring, but hey, it's still a 925 BAYYYYY BEEEEE!!! My first silver was a religious charm that I found while attending my sisters church BBQ function that I took my mom to just 2x weeks before that :D:thumbsup:!!! LOL, I find a religious charm, at some random park that they picked, and my mom was with me for my first silver find!!! :D:thumbsup:

I found "junk" gold on the beach, but that's it so far and haven't been able to swing the coil for some time now. Anyways, you just NEVER know what lurks under your feet bro!!!

I'll know more if I can come by the end of this week and/or begining of next???

Btw, at the church function, I was showing like a 6yr old, how to MD!!! LOL!!! Friends and family were watching me teach this kid how to MD and that charm was hitting as a SOLID "dime signal"!!! LOL!!! I'll explain to Sidney the meaning of the "ranges" for object finds for a MD'r!!! :thumbsup:

7. May 23, 2016 at 9:05 AM
    WileECoyote

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    Yaesu FT-1900R w/ 2m/70cm Comet SBB-224 antenna, Cobra 19 DX IV w/ 4ft Francis CB24 Hot Rod antenna, Uniden Bearcat BC355N 800Mhz mobile scanner (analog), an external BNC mount routed to inside the cab for a handheld fire/police scanner or HAM HT's, Rancho RS5000 front struts and rear shocks, 6in KC Daylighter (pencil beam), 15x7 Black Rock Wheels Series 942, 31x10.50R15 Firestone Destination AT, fog lights, COBRA antenna hood mount (this is used to mount the GoPro on to)
    VERY NICE Sandz!!! :cheers::thumbsup: Is Ejay coming as well? Would he be interested maybe on how to metal detect??? I know you won't actually know until then, but just asking/say'n I guess. Shi- dude, even adults don't even "KNOW" if they're interested in MD'ing until they do it, spend CASH, then sell their rig/setup a few weeks later, LOL, ROFL, LMAO!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

ODNAREM and TXpro4X4 like this.
  8. May 23, 2016 at 9:25 AM
    madsand

madsand wanderer

Member:
    First Name:
    sandz
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    Yea most likely ej will be there. I'm sure you'll get his anttention and won't be surprise if he ask me to buy him one. And yea not selling my rig to get into buried treasures :D do you watch that show in Netflix idk the tittle but two guys dig treasures, go places with there metal detector ?

9. May 23, 2016 at 9:39 AM
    WileECoyote

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    In the MD world, a "rig", also refers to the metal detector itself.

I've heard about it, but have never really watched it/them. I can't stand the ex-wrestler dude or whatever the hell he is on one of the other shows!!! But no, I still have yet to watch the other show that you are talking about and have heard that it is NOT all that bad. Probably time for me to finally check that show out after about me being approx 6+yrs into the hobby, LOL!!!

LOL!!! Sorry Sandz IF he does!!! LOL!!! I will make sure to explain to him that to NOT expect "good finds" all of the time!!! That's what gets the adults all pantytwisted over!!! They buy $3k+ rigs (again, rigs=metal detector) and expect to find like RICHE$$, LOL!!!

ODNAREM and madsand[QUOTED] like this.
  10. May 23, 2016 at 10:28 AM
    madsand

madsand wanderer

Member:
    First Name:
    sandz
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    I see... Anyway bring your rig I mean metal detector if you go.

11. May 23, 2016 at 12:04 PM
    MadTaco461

MadTaco461 BRO runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CA
    Vehicle:
    99 turbo 5 lug long travel
    Kinda stock
    Man you guys writing novels today. Is there a 4 sentence version I can read really quick at work?

ODNAREM, Lord Helmet, madsand and 3 others like this.
  12. May 23, 2016 at 12:07 PM
    eon_blue

eon_blue Most Improved Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD 3.4l 4x4 5sp manual Xtraca & '96 4runner 4x4 5spd manual
    Count me in!

ODNAREM likes this.
  13. May 23, 2016 at 12:15 PM
    WileECoyote

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    I will pay more attention in class!

14. May 23, 2016 at 12:17 PM
    kyle11863

kyle11863 King of the BS

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Big Bear, CA
    Vehicle:
    1990 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4
    Doug Thorley long tube headers and lots of mud
    Randy likes metal detecting. Metal detecting is fun. Metal detecting is another money consuming hobby. Kids might love metal detecting. :thumbsup:

15. May 23, 2016 at 12:20 PM
    WileECoyote

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    I was considered the "quiet one" in school!!! LOL!!! :devil::crazy:

16. May 23, 2016 at 12:35 PM
    eccracer104

eccracer104 O.G. Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra 4x4
    The kids did a great job magnet raking nails in Joshua Tree, they might like metal detectors for "buried treasure"

17. May 23, 2016 at 12:46 PM
    WileECoyote

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    If I am able to go, I ain't wasting my time around the b-pits that's for sure!!! Wayyyy too many "pop tops", "screw tops", and "beaver tails" buried in the sand!!! LOL!!! It's the "towel line" or nothing!!! The scary part, even at the towel line, I would find tent stakes buried, which, is pretty damn scary if you think about it!!! :eek: Always retrieve the trash I find and throw it in the dumpsters!!! :thumbsup:

Although, I will say the VB nets are okay. I usually find a bunch of "laundry money" buried there, LOL!!! I've even used them for my laundry fund, LMAO!!!

ODNAREM, Nicklovin and YotaGurlIAm like this.
  18. May 23, 2016 at 12:54 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    Looking forward to this!
    Thanks Randy

19. May 23, 2016 at 1:02 PM
    WileECoyote

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    Have the "dusty winged" lifeforms hatched yet???!!!

20. May 23, 2016 at 3:19 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Yhea man we let them go uhhh sat., and yesterday.
    Poopie1080 on instagram. There is some video.

Products Discussed in

To Top