1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hurst Universal T-Handle Shift Knob

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by ShawnH72, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Mar 15, 2012 at 6:49 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Ya, 2nd Gen Tacos are more "gate shifter" than traditional automatics.
    No button... you push side to side to clear R/N/4(5) as you pull back.

2. Mar 19, 2012 at 11:56 AM
    ShawnH72

ShawnH72 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 Toyota Tacoma
    2.5" spacer lift in front & 2" blocks for the rear, Nitto Terra Grappler's (275 65R/18) & Moto Metal 951 wheels, TRD exhaust, AFE Stage 2 cold-air intake, Nifty Catch-All Xtreme floor mats, bug shield, window visors, Smittybilt 3-piece billet grill, black N-Fab steps, Sickspeed black billiard style shift knob, black leather shift boot with light gray double stitching, maglight mod on both sides, tailgate lock mod, debadged tailgate (except for Tacoma), black shorty antenna, DashMat black dash cover, Kenwood stereo.
    Well if that's the case, it may work. What is the diameter (mm) of your shifter arm? The adapter that comes with this fits 12mm. If that is the thread on your shifter arm, then this should fit.

3. Mar 19, 2012 at 12:32 PM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    I have no F'ing idea :D!!! Tell you what, send me your PayPal... I'll drop you a $20 gift, and if it doesn't fit, I'll give it to a local TW member at our next meet.

After that vvv I better check it out. I'll try to measure it.

4. Mar 19, 2012 at 5:36 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    I was looking at that this weekend and I'm not even sure how to get the stock knob off, but I'm pretty sure that it's not even close to 12mm. It might be 8mm... pretty "spindly" lever.

That doesn't mean that a bushing couldn't be found or made... it's easier to fit something to a smaller thread than a bigger thread.

If you can get this to work, let me know... but I'd like to go with a pistol grip.

5. Mar 20, 2012 at 12:21 PM
    ShawnH72

ShawnH72 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 Toyota Tacoma
    2.5" spacer lift in front & 2" blocks for the rear, Nitto Terra Grappler's (275 65R/18) & Moto Metal 951 wheels, TRD exhaust, AFE Stage 2 cold-air intake, Nifty Catch-All Xtreme floor mats, bug shield, window visors, Smittybilt 3-piece billet grill, black N-Fab steps, Sickspeed black billiard style shift knob, black leather shift boot with light gray double stitching, maglight mod on both sides, tailgate lock mod, debadged tailgate (except for Tacoma), black shorty antenna, DashMat black dash cover, Kenwood stereo.
  6. Mar 21, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    Money sent

Products Discussed in

To Top