1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Husky liner coverage

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by jasper07, Mar 2, 2009.

1. jasper07

jasper07 [OP] Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 V6 4WD 6 SPEED DOUBLE CAB
    Do the Husky Liners cover the same area as the Weathertech liners? I have seen the Weathertech but not the Husky Liners.

2. tacomaniacmatt

tacomaniacmatt Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorCal/Ostate
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD offroad, 11 FJC
    kinda getting out of hand...
    The huskys cover(from what I read before buying) about the same area as the weathertechs. The husky liners on the foot rest go up higher, but I think that is the only protection difference. I have the weathertechs and IMO they look WAAYYY better...and also they are more flush on the door sill..

3. hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco clowns to the left-jokers to the right

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    SouthCentral Indiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Doublecab TRD OR Whitetail 4x4 SR5 V6 Auto
    Seat belt chime mod, Rear spring TSB, Xzilon paint and fabric protector, front tint 15% too dark, redo to 30%, Weathertech Liners frt&bck,foglights on anytime mod,use defrost w/o A/C mod. Powdercoat black TRD skid plate. Sockmonkey custom 'Whitetail' decals. OEM bedmat. A.R.E. V series shell with some goodies. WeatherTech vent visors.
    Yes the Husky's go higher on the dead pedal. But when I took my Tech's out last week for the first time this winter, there was no stains on the carpet around the dead pedal. I was surprised. The coverage at the door sil is much better on the Weathertech because it reaches out over the sil. And because the Weathertech is smooth you are less likely to kick it on your way in the truck, risking knocking off snow, dirt, or whatever on the carpet at the sil. The Weathertechs hold plenty of melted snow too!

I did not fill the holes for the tabs on the Techs with silicone, something I will do when the weather warms. The dirt that got through those holes was not an issue though. Minimal and easy to clean up. But without using the tabs, I found out that they aren't really needed.

There are many threads on these two, many pluses and minusus both ways. I have said before I would like to buy a Huskytech. A cross of the two would be perfect!

Now go search, and have fun reading for hours.:D

4. rachunter

rachunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road
    XM Radio,Access Lorado Tonneau, Ventshades, Tinted Windows, Destination A/T's , Moto Metal wheels and lots of Liquid Glass
    I like the Huskys better than the weathertechs for a couple of reasons.
    #1 The dead pedal area is not covered well with the weathertechs and I can promise you that mud and snow will run down this area and stain the carpet.
    #2 I bow hunt alot and during the fall and winter I get alot of mud and snow on the liners, if the hole in the weatertechs is not filled it will also let mud and water get to the carpet and that equals another stain.

Here are the Husky's:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Joe B

Joe B Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Weathertech Floorliners fit and look better,IMO.
    I'm not a fan of Husky's diamond plate look.

6. jasper07

jasper07 [OP] Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 V6 4WD 6 SPEED DOUBLE CAB
    thanks for everything guys. I appriciate the info.

To Top