1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hutchinson Rock Monster wheels...

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by G.T., Nov 20, 2010.

1. Nov 20, 2010 at 10:39 AM
    G.T.

G.T. [OP] Official TW Burrito Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    G.T.
    CONUS
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pyrite Mica 4WD DCLB TRDSport w/ FlipPac
    Some stick on chrome from pep boys
    I was looking at the Staun internal beadlock wheel system the other day but didn't like the idea of my having to molest the wheelset I intended to use to install them and still not be completely street legal and not be able to use a Dyna Bead balancing solution since I know that I will be taking this vehicle offroad and have thrown my share of wheel weights in the past. A recent 4WD Toyota Owner article mentioned the use of the Hutchinson Rock Monster wheels which is a company I am familiar with as they make the beadlock wheels used on HMMWV's and some MRAP's.

I emailed Hal at Hutchinson - terribly polite and helpful - to confirm that the wheels will work on the 2011 Tacoma and he said yes but I just wanted to check the group here to find out if anyone is already running them and if so what are your impressions? I don't have a problem pulling the TPMS sensors and already have my wheelbarrow tire and wheel ready to go so I can drop them in there. Have you used these with the Dyna Bead type balancing system or would I have to switch over to the Centramatic type setup?

I'll be staying with a 17" wheel so it looks like the WA-0567 model is what I'll be working with as per the aforementioned conversation with Hal at Hutchinson. Thanks in advance for any and all insight that you can provide in this semi-confusing wheel hunt.

2. Nov 21, 2010 at 9:43 AM
    G.T.

Member:
    First Name:
    G.T.
    CONUS
    Vehicle:
    Anyone?

3. Feb 12, 2011 at 1:30 PM
    tonyplanet

tonyplanet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glendora, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    enough to get me there
    im thinking about getting these, but they are pricey! I have been researching these, and there aren't too much info on them in regards to tacoma owners. I have seen some where on the web a guy from Canada 07 Acc Cab is rocking them with 35" tires

4. Feb 14, 2011 at 9:02 AM
    G.T.

Member:
    First Name:
    G.T.
    CONUS
    Vehicle:
    TW Member Freeze did a quick write up on them awhile ago that can be found here at the Canada Toyota 4WD Association site. Be forewarned that these are not light weight wheels by any stretch of the imagination and your unsprung weight will raise considerably. I'm still planning on them and intend to run 35" tires with them when I do.

5. Feb 14, 2011 at 10:53 AM
    tonyplanet

tonyplanet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glendora, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    enough to get me there
    Iwas thinking about getting them on the toyo mt 285/75-17 which is about a 34" tire

Products Discussed in

To Top