1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HVAC Vents T-SB-0072-09 2/26/09

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacoMOnster07, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Oct 2, 2009 at 3:02 PM
    TacoMOnster07

TacoMOnster07 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 6speed 4x4 BSP Sr5
    BHLM, Grillcraft, Urd SS, Urd TCAI, Urd MAF Calibrator, AeroTurbine Exhaust, TacoTune Single Din, Two 8" Infinity Subs, 12-13000 HID's, Xtreme Bedrack light bar with two KC 4 by 6 lights.
    Did a quick search and not sure if this TSB has been discussed. My Tacoma was made in 07 and falls within there VIN and year. Mostly happening in winter my tacoma's heat would fail on me. The blower would work fine as you can hear it running, but heat was very very little or not present. If you have this this tsb is for you.

If this has been discussed my bad, but imagine driving in winter with no heat and no way to help clear windshield with heat from the vents.

This is the short summery of the TSB, If you need more details I'll do my best to answer them.

T-SB-0072-09
    Decreased Air Volume from HVAC Vents

Some customers may experience decreased air volume from HVAC vents when the temperature is set to maximum heat.

Years 2007-2009

Warranty application is limited to correction of a problem based upon a customer's specific complaint.

Applicable Warranty
    This repair is covered under the Toyota Comprehensive Warranty. This Warranty is in effect for 36 months of 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle's in service date.

I have now put 41,000+miles on my 07 tacoma. I am going to call Toyota directly and see if they will warranty me anyway. I don't see why if a part fails because it is defective in my 07, just because I am out of warranty they won't honor the fix. I did take it in before when it was in warranty but of course my hot air worked and I just hope it's documented because I did not get any paperwork.

"I lost the paper with the VIN numbers included, I'll find them monday if someone doesn't already know them and can add them."

Seems like they replace part number 87287-04040 Damper, Heater Air

Description, R&R Heater Air Damper Door

It's a whopping 4.7 hour job.

If you would like the TSB in full and the repair instructions please PM me and hopefully monday I'll get a better looking copy.

2. Oct 2, 2009 at 3:33 PM
    shawnd2

shawnd2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 TRD Offroad
    I pretty sure this has been discussed before.
    See attached for the bulletin,

Shawn

Attached Files:

3. Oct 2, 2009 at 4:07 PM
    TacoMOnster07

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 6speed 4x4 BSP Sr5
    BHLM, Grillcraft, Urd SS, Urd TCAI, Urd MAF Calibrator, AeroTurbine Exhaust, TacoTune Single Din, Two 8" Infinity Subs, 12-13000 HID's, Xtreme Bedrack light bar with two KC 4 by 6 lights.
    Funny how all the time I spend on Tacomaworld that I missed that TSB. Wish I knew sooner cause I'm out of warranty now.

4. Oct 2, 2009 at 4:09 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    interesting tsb...i never knew about it before

5. Oct 2, 2009 at 4:18 PM
    TacoMOnster07

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 6speed 4x4 BSP Sr5
    I remember answering a post maybe on a different tacoma forum with someone that was having the same problems as me. At the time no tsb was out. It's really a problem for me in the winter and that it happens sporadically. If they don't warranty it, first i'm going to see how much the part is, do it myself, or maybe take it down and see what I can do, I think maybe the door is expanding just a little when it's cold and preventing it from opening. This is just guessing without reading the repair yet in detail, as I just got it from school.

6. Oct 2, 2009 at 4:21 PM
    TacoMOnster07

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 6speed 4x4 BSP Sr5
    And thank you for posting the adobe file very helpful. Seems like the school printer had a little trouble with 17 pages.

7. Oct 3, 2009 at 4:44 AM
    KodiakVA

KodiakVA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richmond Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 XCab Sport BarcelRed
    I have not heard of this either. Thank you for posting and thanks shawnd2 for the PDF of the TSB!

8. Oct 3, 2009 at 6:49 AM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Hmm...haven't heard of that either. Of course, I'll never notice in SC but good to know.

9. Dec 2, 2009 at 9:51 AM
    MattN03

MattN03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Bluegrass State
    Vehicle:
    SOLD: 07 DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    20% window tint, beep mod, hardwired V1, TSB springs, AVS Bugshield-21803, USA Spec PA15, OEM Tacoma scuff plates, Weathertech mats, Truxedo LoPro, TRD skid, GY Duratrac's 265/75/16 C Range, locker mod (switch method)
    So as long as my last 6 digits of the VIN are higher than the numbers shown on the TSB, I should be good?

10. Dec 3, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    Railwayrog

Railwayrog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dammeron Valley, UT
    Vehicle:
    2019 DC 4x4 Off Road
    How do I find the trucks in service date? I bought it used.

11. Dec 4, 2009 at 4:08 AM
    MattN03

MattN03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Bluegrass State
    Vehicle:
    SOLD: 07 DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    20% window tint, beep mod, hardwired V1, TSB springs, AVS Bugshield-21803, USA Spec PA15, OEM Tacoma scuff plates, Weathertech mats, Truxedo LoPro, TRD skid, GY Duratrac's 265/75/16 C Range, locker mod (switch method)
    I called my local Toyota dealer and gave them my VIN. Then they told me my in service date.

12. Jan 9, 2010 at 4:40 AM
    bobkosicki

bobkosicki New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma 4 cyl
    Thanks Taco & Shawn. The info really helped. It's too cold outside to do anything else, I guess I'm in the garage today. I will post back the results when I finish.

Bob

13. Jan 11, 2010 at 8:49 PM
    Yuma Taco

Yuma Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Yuma, Az
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DC TRD
    35% tint windows, OEM black running boards, OEM black roof rack, Foglight mod, De-badged & Sockmonkey Horns decals added, Two ammo box storage units (removed), 110 volt & 12 volt outlets for back seat area, EGR Slimline inchannel visors (all windows), Fold-A-Cover G4, Tonneau, Bedmat.
    Thanks also..
    It got cold a couple of weeks back (right it did dip down to maybe 45 :D )
    I was wondering way I got a lot of air from the upper vents and little from the floor vents, even though the selector was set to floor vents only.
    Now I know. :eek:

Yuma Taco,

14. Feb 20, 2013 at 4:00 AM
    jackmharrill

jackmharrill New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma V6
    Hi, Thanks for the input. It figures that the part would be the one that is the deepest one in the truck. As this began I did hear what I thought was a damper slamming one way or the other when I turned on the air. As good as this truck is, this is just not good when you live where we do. After reading a good bit and reviewing the TSB I will have to think quite a while before putting a grand on the table at the stealership. Our 2007 is a 4 door base and is a nice truck. Just not fond of having to stay bundled up when driving. I have about 113K on this so pretty sure the warranty period is gone. Thanks for all the input and particularly the TSB. I did not even know there was such a thing. Nice to know there are smart folks out there who can help. Jack

Products Discussed in

To Top