1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I’ve got yet another audio question for you experts on here. New setup freakin rocks!!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by CLVol1255, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Dec 25, 2019 at 4:55 PM
    CLVol1255

CLVol1255 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport DCSB
    Bilstein 8112/8100 ICON RXT Stage 2 JBA UCAs Archive Garage HH w Shackles Archive Garage U Bolt Flip kit Nitto Ridge Grapplers 255/80/R17 TRD Front Skid and RCI Transmission Skid Kenwood DMX 1057XR Head Unit Focal Utopia WM 3 way plus WM10 Sub Mosconi 5/30 and Genesis Dual Mono Amp
    My setup consists of doing little bit at a time but I think I’ve finally nailed it. Initially I changed out the tweeters to the kicker ks Subaru plug n play. Noticed a difference but still had very little low end or mid range so I changed out the door speakers with 6.5 4 ohm. Front door went with focal integration isc 165 $80 and they sounded great but I could tell that they needed more power. I added infinity ref 6632ex $50 to the rears and it was more of the same thing they sounded like a major upgrade but still lacking power to really get anything besides highs from oem head unit. I had some rattles in the doors so I sound deadened them with boom mat and noice 80 mil two layers worth on the fronts and one in the rear. Probably spent close to $60 on it and it made a big improvement. I then bought after lots of research the infinity bass link sm 125w 8” powered subwoofer $170 and the remote $45 for it.. after this install I started to get the full range of sound from my oem headunit and upgrades. Just filled in the low end I was looking for. Still I wanted a little more juice to my door speakers bc still they weren’t getting the power they wanted. I bought the alpine power pack $160 and connectors to make t harness just like the ppl on here make for the kicker key and matched wires soldered them together and installed... WHAT A DIFFERENCE in overall volume!! I’m talking what I used to have to turn the dial to 40 to get I know get at 25ish with good bass... Lol I’m not done yet... today I finished installing the LC2i from audio Control $60 Underneath the passenger side seat... I tapped into both front speakers behind the head unit harness before it reaches the alpine power pack amp which is placed back behind the HU and my lord y’all my setup sounds so crisp with highs smooth as any I’ve ever had in a vehicle with my mids and the lows calibrated with my sub amp absolutely bumps but it’s tight and Sounds like all the music is directly in front of me. Made a huge difference imo! Huge!! I’ve got the rcas running into my powered sub!! Stoked!! The only thing that I may consider doing now after seeing how much these last two installs have done for my setup is possibly another under seat powered sub for the passenger seat...

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and thank you to all who’ve contributed to this thread in answering questions I’ve had. I firmly believe the lci 2 made a major improvement to this setup regardless of what some have mentioned on here. Imo it was big for the low end and setting up my audio.

Jess-YODA-coma likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top