1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I also have the curse =(

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by VirginiaBound, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Oct 26, 2009 at 4:54 PM
    VirginiaBound

VirginiaBound [OP] Whyareyoureadingthis?

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam I am, green eggs and ham
    North of Maine, South of Spain
    A school bus backed into my truck, took out my bumper headlight and bent my fender.... To make a long story short, I have everything to fix it but the new bumper. I cant decide if I should just stick with the stock one and get a replacement or go for an aftermarket... Whats some good brands/styles that would look good on a 1999 Blacked out ext cab? Want something without chrome thats about my only request lol... Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thankyou guys :cool:

2. Oct 26, 2009 at 4:57 PM
    dud122

dud122 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Truxedo, Bed Rug, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!
  3. Oct 26, 2009 at 8:44 PM
    sachou

sachou Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Richland, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport Acc Cab 4x4 V6 6spd
    I have a basic principle about broken stock parts: if you can replace them with an aftermarket one, do it!

I have a red '99 ext cab, blacked out. I have an allpro tube bumper on the front and a badlands tube/diamond plate bumper on the back.

I like the allpro front...but I think i prefer the badlands front due to the protection over the headlights. And since you have definite experience with headlight collision...that might be of interest.

4. Oct 26, 2009 at 8:49 PM
    ForeRunner

ForeRunner Scotch before noon. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Somewhere between Maine and Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Subaru WRX STI Limited (no wing)
    Extra PSI
    See what it costs for a stock replacement then check out ARB. TRDParts4U has them going for $735.

5. Oct 27, 2009 at 8:19 AM
    VirginiaBound

VirginiaBound [OP] Whyareyoureadingthis?

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam I am, green eggs and ham
    North of Maine, South of Spain
    Im hoping maybe I can find a different style bumper for a different year that will still bolt on. I just hate the Chrome on the top sides of the 99 bumper. It looks ugly with an all black truck lol Im gonna look on craigslist as well for the "bus proof" bumper. I wouldn't necessarily need a winch mount but the light bar would be great!!

6. Oct 27, 2009 at 10:54 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    Get the All Pro bumper, something similar happened to me and I was thinking about a new front stock bumper. But was going to be $2300, $500 of it out of my pocket. I said no thanks and bought the off road bumper, lift and skid plate and still staid under budget. Check my sig for my build results...

To Top