1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

i am thinking about trading/selling already.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Black Sheep, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Jan 11, 2011 at 6:32 AM
    xJuice

xJuice My spoon is too Big!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    N. Texas
    Vehicle:
    19 Tundra MGM
    TRD Front & Rear Sway Bar, TRD Pro LED Headlights, Undercover SE, Rear diff. Relocate, console organizer, debadged, color matched handles, mirror caps, and grill
    A free leaf pack and installation that he was demanding whether he needed it or not...

2. Jan 11, 2011 at 6:39 AM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    1990 Toyota 4x4 (Pre-Taco)
    Aftermarket Stereo, Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, HF Air Horns, 3" Lift
    I would never go back to GM. Had too many problems with Pontiac. And my boss' 2004 Tahoe developed a tick in the engine at 62,000 miles. The dealer pulled the engine apart and found the cam lobe was separating (defective alloy). You know what they did for him????? Wait for it....wait for it....gave him a $500 off coupon to buy a new Tahoe. He ended up footing the bill for over 5K to get replacement factory engine (which I think was dumb but he's a GM fan). That's how Chevy and GM dealers and factory treat their customers. Now, on the other hand, I got more than 50% back from what I paid for my '99 brand new when the factory took it back on the frame recall. I had one other issue with my '99 in the time I owned it and that was after two years the bedliner turned white. The dealer replaced it without any argument. This Tacoma (which I bought in July) has only given me one minor issue and once again the dealer took care of it and I had a loaner car the entire time.

Good luck with the Chevy, but you'll be back.

3. Jan 11, 2011 at 6:43 AM
    dgreene

dgreene Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD Sport 4x4
    3in toyotec with eibach coils and 5100. nfab side bars,procomp 7032 wheels with 275/65/18 nitto TG,low profile tool box,tint, borla exhaust
    Hey keep trying if that is something you have to have i just bought mine 2 weeks ago and asked them if they would do the TSB while they put my lift on and they said yes no problem. I just think you hit one of the shitty service shops. I own a 09 Tahoe ltz and have got same treatment from GMC and Chevy. You are going to have those guys everywhere. Good luck stick with toyota have owned 04 4runner 06 land cruiser 07 fj 06 tacoma 11 tacoma 4x4 and have had great service with all.

4. Jan 11, 2011 at 6:53 AM
    goride

goride Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    22 4dr lb white off-road
    Tint, sliders, puddle pods, on my way to more….
    Blacksheep has a good point, you pay good money for a truck and an issue arises such as the spring tsb and it like getting blood from a turnip for them to do anything. Its not the consumers fault that they dont get paid well enough from toyota to do warranty work. When I got the rear spring tsb ,my truck would not even haul what they claimed it would with out bottoming out,and I had to go thru a whole bunch of bs for them to do it. But I also agree that it probably wont be any better at any other dealership regardless of make.Remember these tsbs are toyotas mistakes not ours and they should handle them with ease when asked by a consumer, not make it as difficult as possible, which shows that they really dont want to help with the issue and when you buy a new truck for 27,000 to 30,000 dollars if there is an issue it should be handled.Its the principle behind it all. Just my 2 cents

5. Jan 11, 2011 at 6:58 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    People need to do their research ahead of time. I went through the whole sales process with the dealer, had a buyer's order written up, then told them I wasn't buying the truck unless the spring TSB was done before I took delivery. No problem, no BS. At that point they were so close to sale they didn't give me any trouble throwing it in.

6. Jan 11, 2011 at 7:00 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
  7. Jan 11, 2011 at 7:05 AM
    cc350

cc350 Retired Member

Member:
    The wonders of the internet, got to love it! :p

8. Jan 11, 2011 at 7:39 AM
    Black Sheep

Black Sheep [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black Dbl Cab TRD T/X Pro
    6" Pro Comp Suspension lift with Pro Comp leveling kit, Bilstein 5100's, Full leather interior with seat heaters, Go Rhino step bars, Sony XNV-770BT Head Unit with NAV, DVD, XM and Blutooth, Tonopro toneau cover, Tinted windows, Black mesh grille, Projector headlights with HID lows, HID fogs, Crystal Eyes rear LED taillights, Weathertech mats front and rear
    I am going to defend myself here. For those that think that this is mommy and daddy's momey. Wrong. I am 42 years old with both parents gone. My truck is almost paid off due to my own hard work. As for calling toyota corporate, done that 4 times. I had my appoimt with dealership. Young punk tech did not even look at truck and said tsb would not do anything to help me. He is the one that told me maybe I should have bought a different truck if I wanted to treat it like a truck. I called toyota back. They contacted dealership and could not get service mgr on phone. Called back next day with same result. Finally, called again and they left message with mgr. 3 days later he called me. He said also that tsb would do nothing to improve ride. He said toyota engineer said that. He wanted to try to come up with something else to do instead of tsb. He said that have not done the tsb on any year tacoma at there dealership up to this time. All he wanted to do was try to play me the way he was talking to me. I wanted none of it.

Anyone that wants to bash me, can. When I purchase a vehicle with a warranty, I will make sure it is honored. I once had a dealership owner roll up his sleeves and take his tie off to clean the oily fingerprints off the top of my owner after having a valve job on a car that was under warranty. When you have a warranty, you should be taken care of. Period.

9. Jan 11, 2011 at 7:41 AM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    Ha ha I must be lucky because my TSB was done quick, I have 07 (purchased in 06) and truck had seen dealership maybe 3-4 times.
    Other times were for free oil changes including limited slipp diff.
    One time for Leaf springs TSB because my wife jumped the truck (Double Cab Long bed fully loaded) and pretty much wrecked suspension. Truck had towed a lot before that so suspension was on its way out anyway but I got TSB done with out even too much explaining. I went to service and said I need this TSB done, and Toyota was like OK, bring truck Tuesday and we get it done":D

10. Jan 11, 2011 at 7:41 AM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    This.

I can't understand the inability of some to use basic logic.

11. Jan 11, 2011 at 7:43 AM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
  12. Jan 11, 2011 at 7:54 AM
    TexasTacoma37