1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I believe im gonna have to put er' down..(long story but I need advice)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SNWMN209, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Jan 4, 2010 at 4:26 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    Definitely NOT a lemon law candidate. As JDK mentioned earlier... the OP bought a 2006 in 2009! This is a used vehicle which does NOT have lemon law coverage.

2. Jan 4, 2010 at 5:14 PM
    SNWMN209

SNWMN209 [OP] "Welp...see ya in the shit.."

Member:
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner, 3" Top Gun lift, Flux Capasitor
    3" Top Gunz lift Indash DVD Blacked out headlights K&N Intake Exhaust
    Turns out it does have to be a new truck. BUT I talked with a salesman (different dealership) today about it and since it was labeled a "certified used" when I bought it, it becomes the dealers problem. If they certified the truck in the condition its in, then the dealership has QA issue that Toyota Corp office will take care of. Luckily, I had talked to a Corp. rep before I talked to the dealer. So I'm hoping that the term "shit rolls down hill" comes into play..

3. Jan 12, 2010 at 9:47 PM
    Gr8WhiteTaco

Gr8WhiteTaco bishes love my haircut

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    SOLD 02 Double Cab TRD 4x4
    2005 Mazda 3S hatchback
    Any updates bud?

4. Jan 12, 2010 at 10:54 PM
    DdayIsNear

DdayIsNear Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders

This is where you have some power, selling a "certified used" puts the blame on them as if "new" certified costs more to buy, and some other legal mumbo jumbo, as my certified used 07 is the same thing that i bought in june of 09. used is one thing, certified is another. update us

5. Jan 13, 2010 at 12:31 AM
    Drakken

Drakken Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    Silver Streak Mica 2006 AC 4X4
    Hey man, sorry to hear about the problems and hope you get it fixed. I am here in Knoxville, as well, and was wondering which dealership was giving you all the problems? Toyota of Knoxville, Fox, Rick McGill's, et cetera. Plus wanted to see how the progress was.

6. Mar 2, 2010 at 8:39 PM
    SNWMN209

Member:
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Hey guys!
    Sorry its been so long. The latest new is the radiator was "pushing" anti-freeze into the tranny. (wtf?) They said that bc it has the tow package, the radiator cools it and thats how it got the fluid in the tranny. I did call the Corp office before I talked to the dealer. They sent an engineer to over-see the fix. They put another tranny in and replaced the radiator. Its been about a month since I got it back and still no problems. Im still worried about it bc it took almost two months for the last problem to show itself. I decided to give this truck ANOTHER chance. I love it and cant find anything that looks as good. I hope everything works out. Thanks for all the comments! This site rocks!

7. Mar 2, 2010 at 8:46 PM
    kulitxplod

kulitxplod Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner

PM me if it happens again, I have a great attorney for you. He's the person I turn to in situations like this. Although based in Nashville, I'm sure he'll be able to help you out with the situation.

8. Mar 2, 2010 at 8:52 PM
    10PreRunner

10PreRunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Knoxville, Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4 Double Cab
    What stealership did you go to? I only ask because I also live in K-Town and haven't had much luck out of a certain dealership in west knoxville. I hope everything works out for ya. Good luck.

9. Mar 2, 2010 at 8:52 PM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1

seems like the dealer didn't do any investigative work into why the orginal tranny failed (coolant in the tranny ain't a good thing). seems like it would have been an easy find.

anyways, assuming they fixed the root cause (bad radiator), you should be good to go now.

10. Mar 2, 2010 at 8:53 PM
    widget

widget Well-Known Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner double cab
    If the dealer in k-town is not aware of the law then something is bad wrong or they're playing you. Unfortunately, it may cost you another $250 or so as Shook0002, the third reply, is advising you correctly and a decent attorney (notice I said "decent") should be able to draft a letter for around $250.

11. Mar 2, 2010 at 9:07 PM
    SNWMN209

Member:
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    10prerunner- I bought it at rick mcgills airport toyota. wouldn't recommend ANYONE from the east TN area go there. The only person that was really helpful was a guy named Henry in the service department. If it happens again then I will try the legal route, but I hope I dont have to do that.

12. Mar 2, 2010 at 9:26 PM
    widget

widget Well-Known Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner double cab
    It's a pain having to trying and find/deal with a lawyer but you may have no choice. I would think with all the heat Toyota has been taking, they're really stepping up on this one with the engineer visit. Ask for a business card from the guy so that you have something "tangiable" and can verify he's just not some local yocal being paid $50 to pretend to be. Good luck, I hope they understand they have to do what it takes to make it right!

Products Discussed in

To Top