1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I dont understand, need help

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Country, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Feb 25, 2010 at 1:00 AM
    Country

Country [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Country
    East Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl.-Everyone says it looks like a tank
    Pro Comp 6in lift w/ Icon Coilovers,AllPro UCA's, AllPro Baja Leaf pack, Bilstein 5150's in the rear. Tires Mickey Thompson MTZ 275/70R18 w/ procomp 7089 wheels. ARB front bumper with mile marker winch, Custom made all quarter inch steel rear bumper. Demello rock crusher slider's. CoverKing neoprene seat cover's, AllPro trail armor All-pro U-bolt flip kit with Timbren bump stops and many many many other mods, way to many to list.
    Ok I am new to the suspension lift area on a truck an i am putting on a RCD 4.5in lift, i dont understand what they mean by a maximum 4.5 inch backspacing on the wheel. Also can I use my stock wheels with BFG Mud terrains 33x12.50 tires on this truck with the lift, if not plz give me some advice on what to get for wheels and tires so i dot screw anything up, Thanks for the help fellas.

2. Feb 25, 2010 at 1:08 AM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB
    Grillcraft mx black upper and lower BHLM with Gloss black 265 70 17 bfg a/t center console light mini mag mounted in center console debadged bed lights 35W 5000k HID's
    backspacing relates to how far your tires stick out, as the number get's higher, the tires move in, and vice versa. example, 3.75'' backspacing will stick out further than 4.5'' backspacing.

my guess is that you will rub due to the new parts? seems odd though.

I think stock backspacing on the 2nd gen's is 5'', so you can order some wheel spacers or get new wheels with the proper backspacing. most people around here prefer spidertrax wheel spacers.

3. Feb 25, 2010 at 1:34 AM
    Country

Country [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Country
    East Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl.-Everyone says it looks like a tank
    Pro Comp 6in lift w/ Icon Coilovers,AllPro UCA's, AllPro Baja Leaf pack, Bilstein 5150's in the rear. Tires Mickey Thompson MTZ 275/70R18 w/ procomp 7089 wheels. ARB front bumper with mile marker winch, Custom made all quarter inch steel rear bumper. Demello rock crusher slider's. CoverKing neoprene seat cover's, AllPro trail armor All-pro U-bolt flip kit with Timbren bump stops and many many many other mods, way to many to list.

On RCD's website they have a warning that says DO NOT USE WHEEL SPACERS, so I am pretty much Flucked and have to buy new wheels, just when i thought I was getting an awesome lift kit, now I am back at square one for a lift. FML

4. Feb 25, 2010 at 3:07 AM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    Your stock wheels are 5.25 bs and 16x8. I'm not sure if a 8" wide wheel will work with a 12.5" wide tire? Go to bfg's web site and see what the recommended rim range is for the tire your looking at. As far as the spacers go, I think you'll be ok running some hub-centric spidertrax wheel spacers.

To Top