1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I F***king HATE A THIEF

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by RearViewMirror, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Apr 16, 2015 at 8:26 AM
    Toyotacrawler

Toyotacrawler She's got the jimmy legs

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cusseta/Opelika AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    5100's set to 1.75" Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL & 5100's for the rear Konig Countersteer Offroads K&N Drop in WeatherTech's Bed Mat Blacked out Badges Rear leaf TSB
    :yes:

2. Apr 16, 2015 at 8:27 AM
    JWaldz

JWaldz It puts the Joe Dirt in the hole

Member:
    First Name:
    Waldo
    Colo Springs
    Vehicle:
    99 4Runner LTD
    Hell yea dude, you might get your wreath back! LOL!

3. Apr 16, 2015 at 8:34 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror [OP] Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Lol... doubtful. I don't know what she would do with it other than try to sell in on CL or eBay. But hey... Maybe?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Apr 16, 2015 at 8:38 AM
    AG87BlkLX

AG87BlkLX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Greenbrier, TN
    That's good to hear. I didn't think it would take long once the video was aired by the news.

If her parents aren't scumbags they're really embarrassed by this video.

5. Apr 16, 2015 at 8:39 AM
    teamhypoxia

teamhypoxia MichelinMan

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD OR
    She and Floyd already smoked it...

https://youtu.be/fY3Q6SlXmZY

6. Apr 16, 2015 at 8:54 AM
    JWaldz

JWaldz It puts the Joe Dirt in the hole

Member:
    First Name:
    Waldo
    Colo Springs
    Vehicle:
    99 4Runner LTD
  7. Apr 16, 2015 at 9:00 AM
    Fredfifty

Fredfifty Back in a Mini

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Big Island - SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    99 5 Lug V6
    DJM 3/4 DJM UCA BJ FLIP CALMAX SHOCKS POLYURETHANE SWAY BAR BUSHINGS POLYURETHANE UCA BUMPSTOPS ROLLED FENDERS DJM 4 INCH ANGLED BLOCKS (STEEL) MINI C-NOTCH FROM ROHDE FABRICATIONS MJBTACO LOWPRO BUMPSTOPS CALMAX SHOCKS ROLLED FENDERS
    got my trailblazer ss stolen from my driveway early 2013, got 4 cameras installed after that. highly recommend it.

8. Apr 16, 2015 at 9:00 AM
    Fredfifty

Fredfifty Back in a Mini

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Big Island - SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    99 5 Lug V6
    DJM 3/4 DJM UCA BJ FLIP CALMAX SHOCKS POLYURETHANE SWAY BAR BUSHINGS POLYURETHANE UCA BUMPSTOPS ROLLED FENDERS DJM 4 INCH ANGLED BLOCKS (STEEL) MINI C-NOTCH FROM ROHDE FABRICATIONS MJBTACO LOWPRO BUMPSTOPS CALMAX SHOCKS ROLLED FENDERS
    got my trailblazer ss stolen from my driveway early 2013, got 4 cameras installed after that. highly recommend it.

9. Apr 16, 2015 at 9:03 AM
    Jefes Taco

Jefes Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    14' DCLB TRD Sport supercharged
    We have those. They don't work that well. Either they go get the permit(s) and start knocking or they don't and start knocking. If they don't and get caught, they usually just let them go and they go right back to knocking. And the Jehovah's probably don't need to obtain a permit to go knocking. :rolleyes:

10. Apr 18, 2015 at 9:34 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror [OP] Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Well... Here's the update on the person that stole the wreath from my house.

You'll remember this.

https://youtu.be/3H0s2Ag8WNs

As I posted a few days ago all the news broadcasts picked up the story and aired it on all the local channels. It ended up going nationwide because the theft was so bizarre. When the Local PD posted a still of the video and zoomed in on her face I knew immediately who it was. It was my best friends ex-sister-in-law. She has a sister that my best friend was married too and ended up getting divorced from because of a lengthy drug problem. His ex-wife has rap sheet that is a mile long and has been in and out of jail multiple times. Now her sister (the one that stole from me) is falling into the same trap and "should" know better. The sad thing about this whole scenario is we used to all be friends and go to the lake together and she even threw my wife a baby shower before my daughter was born.

The detective called me yesterday and confirmed it was her and they are trying to bring her in for questioning. He asked me yesterday if the wreath had shown back up and I told him no. She apparently sent out a group text that said that she did it as a "prank" but everyone knows she didn't and she is just a thief. Multiple people came forward and told the PD that she was the one that committed the crime and she basically admitted guilt with that group message saying she's the one that did it (pretty fucking stupid move on her part). She has since deleted her FB account because of all the ridicule and knows she is caught and trying to cover her tracks.

Now...I've done a lot of thinking about this and how to handle this situation and this is the situation that I'm in. Her father (of both daughters) was a Captain on the Truck Company (since retired) that I was assigned to as a Firefighter and Driver and is one of the nicest people that you could ever meet. He would do anything for you. He doesn't deserve this. The Detective asked if she admits to this (which she really doesn't have too since everyone knows she did it) would I press charges? I laid awake last night thinking about this for a long time and I have decided that I will not press charges if the only evidence they "actually" have is her stealing from me. If she confesses to all the other thefts then there is nothing I can do about that.

I have enough respect for her father (my ex-Captain) to not put him through anymore than he has already been through. I also think this could be a great learning tool for my daughter as to what friends she chooses throughout her life and as she is growing up and going through school. I also think it is a good way to teach her forgiveness and compassion to someone that has made a poor decision. That doesn't mean that I don't think she should be punished for doing what she did but in reality what she did was a "petty crime". Others in the neighborhood most likely will not share the same view as I do and I completely understand that and that is a founded concern.

I got what I wanted in the end and that was to embarrass her and let her know that "I" am the one that caught her and released the video. How she chooses to move forward with this on her. But I want one more thing... I want her to apologize to my daughter face to face. That's all.

My daughter is going to make a card thanking the Detectives for their service with this matter and to let them know their dedication did not go unnoticed (as small and bizarre as this was). She will gain a better understanding of the consequences of your actions and also learn forgiveness.

Some of you may not agree with my approach but in the long run I personally think that more good can come out of this than the harm that was done. My daughter and I had a long talk about the importance of picking the right friends in life because in reality the friends you pick have a vast influence on the outcome of your life.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    pat's taco and TnRedNeck721 like this.
  11. Apr 18, 2015 at 9:41 AM
    Old School

Old School You are ignoring covfefe by this member.

Member:
    Hopefully will be a good learning experience for her( the thief), and this post reflects the quality of your character.
    :thumbsup:+ rep for you and your daughter!:woot:

12. Apr 18, 2015 at 9:57 AM
    Shelf Life

Shelf Life Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Central Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '06 ACC CAB 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD
    I see a reality Tee Vee show here!

13. Apr 18, 2015 at 10:15 AM
    Jefes Taco

Jefes Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    14' DCLB TRD Sport supercharged
    I think you made the right decision. :thumbsup:

14. Apr 18, 2015 at 10:56 AM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    I agree with you OP. Many ways to handle it, but your way is good and honorable. I just hope she learns through this - some people never get it.

15. May 3, 2015 at 3:51 PM
    christp4

christp4 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Perry
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner
  16. May 6, 2015 at 10:26 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    Glade they found out who it was!

I agree with your way of handling it as well, lets just hope she learns from this.

Products Discussed in

To Top