1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I FOUND THE SQUEEK!!!!!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DrRabbitFurHead, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Feb 26, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead [OP] Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    You're not going to freakin' believe this. My truck has this "squeek" from time to time and it drives me NUTS. Today when I was removing my OEM manifolds, I happened to see a black material that was used kind of like a splash guard next to the drivers side intake manifold. It is held on by black, plastic grommets and they are kind of loose. I took my hand and tapped on the black plastic and SQUEEK, SQUEEK, SQUEEK!!! I couldn't believe it. A stupid plastic grommet was lose and squeeking against a brace that holds it in place.

I'm going to try to put some silicone under the grommet and am considering removing it all together.

I'll snap some pics in a day or two and show everyone where this annoying noise is coming from. The cool part is you can lay on your back, get under the truck, touch the part and make it freakin' squeek. AMAZING!!!

2. Feb 26, 2011 at 3:11 PM
    GeoTaco1

GeoTaco1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Geo
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    NEW Toyo TIRES Bed Cage to hold 120 LBS of sand and fishing rod holder, window air deflectors, Bug Deflector, & finally Avid Light Bar and step rails....
    I am glad your insanity level will now go back to normal.:D

3. Feb 26, 2011 at 3:18 PM
    bigyetti

bigyetti Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    asheville, nc
    Vehicle:
    08 taco dc 4x4 short bed
    sirius satilite radio, more on the way when i get more money. oh ya removed the secondary filter
  4. Feb 26, 2011 at 6:07 PM
    HomeGrown

HomeGrown Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    South Bend, IN
    Vehicle:
    2014 Reg Cab 4WD
    An annoying squeak from PLASTIC?!? Lol, bet you didn't see THAT coming! :D
    Congrats on the find and for sharing!

5. Mar 13, 2011 at 12:40 PM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    OMG I need the pics. Please I BEG YOU. I have the squeek!! The pitch is so high it's hard to locate; At first I thought it was my Toytec AAL in the rear, but after putting a bit of grease on the friction pad the noise was still there. Now I actually think it's coming from the front end.

I can reproduce it when I stand in my driver's or passenger side doorway, 'jump' up and down, and make the truck rock. Is that what you had too?

6. Mar 13, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    Yours might just be your springs like you though, or a bushing. He's talking about some of that waffle aluminum around the engine.

7. Mar 13, 2011 at 12:44 PM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    Don't jump to conclusions........ ;)

8. Mar 13, 2011 at 3:23 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead [OP] Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    Go to your truck and stick your head by the front wheel. Look between the top/center of the wheel and the splash guard. You will see a rectangular, black piece of plasitc with 5 or 6 black clips holding it in place. Take your hand and rapidly tap the black plastic piece and if this is the culprit, you'll hear the squeek. What I did to fix the noise was to take the thing off, rotate the clips and reinstall. The piece is just a cheap guard to keep water and mud off of your tie rod and exhaust manifolds. I was tempted to take it off and keep it off, but wasn't sure if it would be a good idea.

If that doesn't help, I can snap a picture.

9. Mar 13, 2011 at 4:09 PM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    Crap, that's not it. Thanks; I'll keep hunting.

To Top