1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

i hate cell phones

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by nd, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Oct 17, 2009 at 6:25 AM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    i was with t-mobile for a few years then they started screwing up my bill on a consistent basis and wouldn't fix it so i switched to verizon about 5 years ago and have been happy ever since. but i have heard horror stories about vz's cust. service. guess i've just been lucky

2. Oct 17, 2009 at 6:37 AM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Never had a problem with Verizon myself nor their service. As far as pic messaging goes, yea, some count that as data, but Verizon has always counted that as messaging. My plan has unlimited messaging so it includes pic messaging. Sorry you had a bad experience though, it can be a total PITA dealing with a companies customer service sometimes. I'm more than happy with Verizon since I switched 3 years ago and don't see a reason that I would switch in the future. I used to have ATT Wireless/Cingular/ATT. Loved it when I had ATT Wireless til Cingular took over.

As far as iphones, i personally hate them haha. I'd never own one myself. Then again I don't have a need for that kind of phone. I've tried out 2 different touch screen phones and returned both of them. Decided using a touchscreen phone was just aggravating and I didn't have a need to pay a $110 a month p hone bill with the data plan that was needed just so I could say I could browse the internet while taking a shit. Just back to a normal phone. I use it to talk and text and that's it so I'd rather just have a simple phone I can flip to answer and shut and be done with it and also not have to worry about messing it up cause it's a fancy phone. I drop mine all the time and could care less.

3. Oct 17, 2009 at 7:15 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...I love the coverage of VZ more than the iPhone on AT&T...plus there are whispers in the wind of a iPhone or variant for VZ in 2010. The exclusive contract with AT&T is up...I'll either be getting one of those or a blackberry next.

Never had an issue with VZ customer service either. In 10 years of service- Few billing SNAFUs- All corrected promptly and a pretty good military discount.

Best of luck finding a company that meets your needs nd...

4. Oct 17, 2009 at 7:24 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Seems nowdays were kinda fucked for phone service. T-mobil is a joke. I have been with Alltell simply because Verison sucks ass, and now they own Alltell...FML.

5. Oct 17, 2009 at 7:29 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    they all suck. im going with 2 soup cans and a string

6. Oct 17, 2009 at 7:36 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i started out with what was cingular(at&t) a long time ago....everything bout them sucked, so i went to nextel............because my wife had them(she was my gf at the time....and we used the walkie talkie alot), but their service completely sucked donkey balls, and customer service was a joke. so i ended my contract with them and went to alltel.............never had a problem with them,service and all was great, now verizon buys them. for the most part so far, vzw has been ok, but nothing like alltel. i occasionally have some service/dropped calls probs, and they keep fubarring on the bills......plus vzw is a good bit more expensive than alltel. i like my phone, but they need to get their shit together.

best phone i ever had was some motorola phone i had when i was with nextel.....not the service part, but the phone itself was loud as hell(which is good cause im mostly deaf).:D

7. Oct 17, 2009 at 7:39 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    I have no problem with Verizon. I've used them since they were bell Atlantic? and i currently do not have a contract with them. Just buy a new battery every year for my phone. I will say they have the best coverage, But shit for phone selection.

8. Oct 17, 2009 at 7:41 AM
    airsoft_warrior

airsoft_warrior Batman

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Limited
    TRD Performance Exhaust
    I like verizon but the phone itself sucks. I hate LG's My ENV craps out, shuts off randomly, delays texts for like a day or two, and sometimes doesnt ring or doesnt call through and goes strait to voicemail when we both have service. Its just a POS

9. Oct 17, 2009 at 10:42 AM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    I wouldn't be surprised if ATT got another contract with Apple....

Because ATT was the first people to launch the iPhone and be very successful at it. Bringing alot of business to both of the companies.

Ive also heard that the iPhone is somehow tied up to the ATT network.. Thats why it works better.

10. Oct 17, 2009 at 12:17 PM
    nd

nd [OP] Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    thats teh thing, when i got alltel i told them i wanted to be able to send unlimited msgs (text, pic, video) and have it all included. then VZ comes along and tries to make shit seperate. i'm livid that VZ bought alltel, alltel was such a better run company. try to complain to VZ. just try it. the dont have a complaint department that i can find, they dont have anything on their website where you can rate their service. they just fuck you in the ass and refuse to listen when you complain about it.

and for those who have asked, yes, VZ's network is the best out there. way better than anyone else. thats why tehy get away with treating their customers like shit, they are number one and they know it. i feel like when my contract runs out i'm just screwed. VZ needs to completely revamp their customer service. 37 minutes to convince them i actually havea phone with a camera is pathetic.

a while ago when VZ first took over alltel, i got a notification saying i could upgrade with no cost. so i thought, "maybe i'll go talk to them and find out whats up" i went to 2 stores. each one wanted me to enter my name in a cue just to talk to a sales guy. i dont mind doing that at the repair department but just to talk to a sales guy? what if you went to go buy your truck and they said, "wait in this room, a sales guy will be with you in 30 minutes or so" you'd prolly walk out. thats what i did. i was considering going with VZ and just had a few random questions and was told i'd have to wait. the worst part, was there were 3 guys behind the counter doing nothing, just standing around talking to each other. when i go to ATT or Alltel they imeediately sat me down and started trying to help me. fuck VZ

11. Oct 17, 2009 at 12:34 PM
    ligero18

ligero18 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Seriously cussing out the phone rep is ignorant. Have a little respect for the human on the other side of the phone, it's not his fault you can't figure out an automated menu. Are you 12? grow up

12. Oct 17, 2009 at 12:47 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    huh??

13. Oct 17, 2009 at 1:04 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    VZ really does have a horrible phone selection.

i cussed out the phone rep because i spent 10 to 15 minutes trying to talk to a human. they would not connect me to a service rep until i "volunteered" to take a survey. every time i turned down the survey the menu would just start over. i only show respect to someone if they show it to me. out of that 37 minute call i only actually spoke to a person for roughtly 10. i spent the lenght of a sitcom on hold. if you have nothing to contribute to the thread why dont you just fuck off.

14. Oct 17, 2009 at 2:02 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    for the record, i'm not at all sorry how i treated that guy. but that is the first time i have ever treated a customer service rep that way. as a paying customer i have never had service this blatantly bad

15. Oct 17, 2009 at 2:04 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    For me verizon is the only company I would ever consider. I am not a queer and therefore do not need a top of the line iphone or blackberry, just good coverage and free phones everytime I go in :)

16. Oct 17, 2009 at 2:29 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    i agree..also hate verizon..hated them almost since the day I signed up..They warrentied 4 phones for me in 3 months, and the newest one is acting up now..They need better "techs" in the store also..When my glyde(bag of shit phone) stopped working, they took the battery out and put it back in and said that will fix it..i didnt get out of the store before it didnt work again..I'm going to find out when my contract is up, and prolly go to att..alot of people say there awesome, and ive had just about every other major provider so far..best was nextel about 5 years ago.damn sprint

17. Oct 17, 2009 at 2:33 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now

iphones are good for buisness, or if you have around $100 extra a month for the plan:) i'd love to have one, but i dont wanna pay that kinda coin:eek:

18. Oct 17, 2009 at 3:51 PM
    ligero18

ligero18 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    That last sentence really makes me think it was your problem not theirs. Thanks for proving my point. I've never had a problem getting through. I'm not a fanboy of any service but Verizon has solved any issue I've had. I've been thinking of going to ATT for an Iphone (have a BB now, I like the extra features) but used to work for ATT (as a CSR) and know their CS is not the best. As far as customer service #1 Verizon #2 Alltel #3 T-mobile #4 ATT and Sprint is dead last. JD Power

19. Oct 17, 2009 at 4:08 PM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    Yes, very

20. Oct 17, 2009 at 4:20 PM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    Blackberrys are excellent work tools, but I would never use one for personal. If i see a chick with one, it screams high maintenance and addicted to trivial things like faceboox, etc. If i see a dude with one on campus, i think f@g.

I am not judgmental in the least :D

Products Discussed in

To Top