1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I have a transmission, need to know what it's worth?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by j_cyrus, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Nov 23, 2009 at 10:34 AM
    j_cyrus

j_cyrus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atascocita TX
    It came out of a 94 4 cyl toyota I used to drive, I flipped it so I sold the motor and some other stuff out of it and all I have left is this transmission. It's a 5spd, good trans, comes with transfer case... What's it worth? I am gonna try to sell it locally, just wondering what model trucks it will fit, and how much to ask for it?

2. Nov 23, 2009 at 2:54 PM
    kg4ghn

kg4ghn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    GA
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner DblCab SR5
    Nerf bars, JVC CD player
    I would call around to some of the local junkyards, act like you are looking for a transmission and transfer case from that year and see what they charge if they have any.

With it being a 4x4 transmission you might be able to sell it to somebody looking to do a 2wd to 4wd conversion. As far as that goes you could probably also sell your driveshafts, spindles, etc if you haven't already or they weren't messed up in the wreck.

I'm not sure what models, etc it will fit. If I'm not mistaken the 4cyl and 6cyl had different transmissions, possibly just different bellhousing, idk.

To Top