1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I have to push REALLY hard on my clutch to turn on..

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by xwillx93, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Dec 10, 2011 at 5:30 AM
    xwillx93

xwillx93 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    MBRP "Cool Duals" dual side swept exhaust, Volant Intake, Blacked Out Tail lights, Touchscreen Kenwood DDx616 with a 10" Kicker CVR in a custom Box, 2 Kicker Comp 6" Speakers, Removed front and rear mud flaps, Weathertech Floormats, Kobalt Slim Toolbox, Chevrolet Air compressor
    The other day i disconnected my battery to attach an amplifier to it. after that, i thought i messed something up because just pushing in the clutch wasnt enough to start it. The clutch start cancel worked just fine and so did everything else so its not my battery. Then the other day, i pushed down as hard as i could on the pedal and got it to start up. Any ideas???? i haven't got a clue!

2. Dec 10, 2011 at 5:33 AM
    Jere

Jere Outdoorsman

Member:
    Northern Chester County, PA
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Sport MGM with ARE Cap
    I started a similar thread at:
    Clutch Relay

And got plenty of advice, some useful, some not so useful. In the end, I stuck a rubber grommet on the switch under the dash. Follow the thread above if you want to see a picture of my solution.

3. Dec 10, 2011 at 5:43 AM
    xwillx93

xwillx93 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    MBRP "Cool Duals" dual side swept exhaust, Volant Intake, Blacked Out Tail lights, Touchscreen Kenwood DDx616 with a 10" Kicker CVR in a custom Box, 2 Kicker Comp 6" Speakers, Removed front and rear mud flaps, Weathertech Floormats, Kobalt Slim Toolbox, Chevrolet Air compressor
    That is perfect! thank you so much!

4. Dec 10, 2011 at 7:18 AM
    ee1284

ee1284 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner Sport
    This might seem dumb but you didnt run your wiring behind the clutch pedal did you?

The previous owner of my car ran a thick cable to the battery for a sub and it was routed behind the clutch pedal and I had the same problem as you until I re routed the cable. It was just thick enough to prevent the pedal from hitting the relay.

Products Discussed in

To Top