1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I have to say, I am enjoying toyota getting reamed...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bruce1271, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Feb 5, 2010 at 2:06 PM
    MAXTacoma

MAXTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    Not everyone is having these problems. And from the amount of these vehicals sold I would still say they are doing pretty well. I haven't experienced any of these problems for myself, neither has anyone in my family or anyone else I have met. (other than here)

2. Feb 5, 2010 at 2:16 PM
    doughboy

doughboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    norcal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    hid head lights, hid fog lights, always on fog lights, bed lights
    yes everyone makes mistakes, specially so when they become successful and think they become powerful and untouchable, like tiger woods, john edwards, eliot spitzer, mark sanford, rod blagojevich, etc etc etc, toyota....

3. Feb 5, 2010 at 2:47 PM
    Plain Jane Taco

Plain Jane Taco ALL human beings deserve equal treatment

Member:
    USA
    You know what's starting to irritate me a bit? Not feeling like you can support the manufacturer of the product that brought you to this site to begin with. I like my Tacoma...a great deal for that matter. In the year that I've had it it's been perfect. No issues, no squeeks/rattles, nothing has broke, etc., etc. So what does that mean? It means that I'm a happy Toyota owner. Only I'm not allowed to say that lest I be labled a "fanboy". For f**k sake...this is a TOYOTA Tacoma forum, right?

For those of you who've had or are having legitimate issues with your truck...I'm sorry. I know that sucks. But quit harping on those of us who have had a great experience with our trucks, and Toyota as a whole, so far. Your experience sucks? Sorry, mine's been good. No point in jumping off of one bandwagon and on to another unless I've got good reason.

Does it suck that Toyota has had to recall millions of cars? Sure it does. But I don't own any of the cars on that list. So I've got more important things in life to worry about. And the reality is...so do 99.9999999% of those people who actually own the "effected" vehicles. But the media has made it out to sound like the Camry that's been perfectly reliable for you for the 1, 2, 3...4 years...how ever long you've owned it is going to suddenly run through the wall of your house and kill everyone. Take it in...get it fixed with the "shim"...move on.

4. Feb 5, 2010 at 3:33 PM
    Dan893

Dan893 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 doublecab longbed
    TRD cold air intake, 6k HID headlights, 3K HID foglights, custom sockmonkey decals
    I just bought a 09 Tacoma even with the recall going on and the media bashing on toyotas rep I still look at them as a great auto manufacturer. The media most o the time will feed the fire and get everyone all worked up to sell what they want. And I dought every accident involving a Toyota was due to a sticking throttle that's just a bit crazy. My last truck was a 97 silverado I still own it and it's been a great truck.

5. Feb 5, 2010 at 5:47 PM
    grivera

grivera Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hanover, MD
    Vehicle:
    '08 DC SR5 4x4, Desert Sand Mica
    Rear Suspension TSB, Bilstein 5100 on all 4 corners-fronts set at 1.75". BFG A/T's @ 265/75/16; Access LE Roll-up cover; Iron Cross Tube SS Steps; Fumoto valve; WeatherTech Liners; AFE Pro-Dry; front side windows tinted 20%; TW Decal!
  6. Feb 11, 2010 at 7:53 AM
    MAXTacoma

MAXTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350

Products Discussed in

To Top