1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I know I should get an alignment, but ..

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by SCFirefighter, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Jul 12, 2010 at 5:23 PM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter [OP] on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    So I finished my Toytec ultimate install last week, and had the mandatory alignment done. Toytec gave me specs to have my truck aligned to, and it took them forever but they got it done.

A couple of days go by and I wondered if I should have upped the front coils maybe a little more. I asked if I needed a realignment .. and folks on here agreed I should.

A week has gone by now and I think the front shocks may have settled a bit? It looks a little lower than it was when I drove it home that day.

Question:
    Lifting the front shocks to where I believe my height was should be fine right, since my truck was aligned to those specs. How bad would it REALLY be if I bumped it up by another inch?

2. Jul 12, 2010 at 5:25 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i dont think it would be that bad............probably wouldnt be able to tell a huge difference, but i wouldnt wait 2 or 3 weeks to have it checked again.

3. Jul 12, 2010 at 5:31 PM
    SCFirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    I hate to pony op another $50 for the alignment .. ugh. May just have to do it I guess.

4. Jul 12, 2010 at 5:40 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    it sucks...but its better to man, so your tires dont start wearing funny.

5. Jul 12, 2010 at 5:52 PM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    15 Taco
    LT, Glass, CBI Front bumper, NWTI Rear bumper, 35s
    I drove prob close to a housand mile after my 2" lift. The tires showed horrible wear but I don't really care because I'm getting new tires very soon.

6. Jul 12, 2010 at 6:29 PM
    SCFirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Thanks guys. I guess I'll have it done maybe next week or so. The front is 2" lower than my rear right now. I want to get it as close to even as possible.
    Can someone in the know tell me which way I should turn the spanner wrenches to raise the suspension? (I forgot)

7. Jul 12, 2010 at 6:45 PM
    cummins6speed

cummins6speed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '05 4Runner Limited Edition
    Custom extended travel 2.5" King RR coilovers, 1.25" Camburg uniball uppers, homebuilt tube bumper
    There are some shops that will check your alignment for free. So if you bump it up a bit you could check it to see if it is close enough or needs to be done again

8. Jul 12, 2010 at 10:38 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    I want to see pics man! I was in on that group buy! I turned the wrench clock wise to lower so the opposite to raise. Lowering may be easier than raising though. Just use the little wrench on the lower holes and hold it against something else so it doesn't spin. What measurements are you at? I put a 1.5" aal in the rear and my front was .5"-1" higher. I left 2" of thread on the shocks which should be 2.5" total......so I thought? So I lowered them and I'm at 38.5" up front and 39" out back with 285 km2s.

Mike

9. Jul 13, 2010 at 5:58 AM
    SCFirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    As soon as I get it where I want it, there will be pics :)

10. Jul 14, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Cool, Good luck!

11. Jul 17, 2010 at 5:18 PM
    FLtaco

FLtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Cocoa beach, fl
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner dc
    Painted stock wheels, bfg km2s, 5100s front and rear, tc spindles, add a leaf, 3" block, debaged, flowmaster exhaust, 2nd air filter removed, wheel spacers and k&n air filter
    I'm rocking some 16" rims on my taco with my 3" lift now and have read online that 6" lifts require 17"+ rims. Is this true? Or is it with just some lifts not all? Also can my 3" lift stay on and combine with the 6" for a total of 9" lift? It's a tuff country 3" spacers in front and the 2.5 add a leafs in back.

Products Discussed in

To Top