1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I know it has probably been asked a million times

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ssramage, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Dec 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM
    ssramage

ssramage [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Forsyth, GA
    ...but I'm looking for a lift kit for my 2011 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4. I plan to keep the stock wheels and tires. Also I really like the way the truck rides and drives right now so I'd like to keep the ride as close to the same as possible. What lift kit should I go with that will still look good with the stock wheels and ride well too? Thanks for any help!

2. Dec 12, 2011 at 5:33 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    for a basic small lift to go with what im assuming are 265/70/16 tires, an AAL in the back and bilstien shocks all around set at 1.75 should level and give you a little bit without affecting your ride quality. . . actually, the shocks will improve it.

3. Dec 12, 2011 at 5:44 PM
    ssramage

ssramage [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Forsyth, GA
    So basically this kit?

4. Dec 12, 2011 at 5:57 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    yes that would be one way to go. you didn't post pictures of your truck or really specify all of your intentions (price for example) so i just posted the cheapest way to do a small lift. that one comes with aftermarket coils and options for more rear lift. you can use your stock coils if you just want a little lift, but if you are going for more than just to level and get an inch or so you will probably want coils because they also help your ride and make it "easier" on your shocks.

and though you did specify it in your thread title, doing some searching will help a lot too. i don't even have a lift and just spending a lot of time on this site has given me the knowledge to tell you that info.

oh, and welcome! :wave:

5. Dec 12, 2011 at 10:15 PM
    Scubasteve4533

Scubasteve4533 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR
    5100 @ 1.75, tsb rear springs with 5100. anytime fogs, rear diff breather, 50 cal ammo boxes on bed rails
    OP if you have a TRD off road, I would recommend getting the eibach springs. I have an off road and set the shocks to 1.75 and honestly dont think the front shocks have any uptravel in them b/c the spring is so compressed. Literally I think all of my front travel is simply tire flex.

I am either moving mine back down to the .85 setting or ordering the eibachs

hope that helps

6. Dec 12, 2011 at 10:19 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    OP , get 265/75/16 tires .

7. Dec 13, 2011 at 3:39 PM
    ssramage

ssramage [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Forsyth, GA
    Thanks for the input guys. I will probably just look into the 5100s. Won't be getting new tires though. No sense in replacing them when there's only 10k miles on my truck

Products Discussed in

To Top