1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I maybe a noobie for saying this, but...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by LEX, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Oct 12, 2010 at 4:27 AM
    808hiker

808hiker Taco addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Big Island, Hawaii
    My family has a farm and they have bought many Chevys throughout the years. They seemed to last fairly long but not without many problems. When I work on the weekends I drive the company's 2000 Silverado 2500 with the 6.0 V8 and it's a fairly good truck IMHO. It has only 31,xxx miles but nothing failed mechanically...yet. However, the interior is just shit. The plastic on the dash and doors are faded pretty bad considering that it isn't left in the hot sun at all. Also the beige plastic is peeling pretty bad too. :mad: All in all the Chevy isn't completely awful but the quality just isn't there. I personally would never buy a Chevy for a personal vehicle though.

2. Oct 13, 2010 at 9:49 AM
    jedidan45

jedidan45 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Bedford, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DC 4x4 6 spd
    WeatherTech floormats PopN'Lock tailgate lock
    See, that's what pisses me off. So many people around me tell me I'm "un-American" because I refuse to buy domestic vehicles (even though many Toyota models are built in America). So what would I get if I buy "American"...crappy fading dash that's peeling...I'm sorry, but I'm not rich and if I'm spending thousands of dollars that I've worked my a$$ off for, I don't want fading and peeling. Has anyone seen on chevy's and fords how the cab starts sinking below the bed?..just look at them...the cab is lower in the back since when the truck waas new...wtf is that?..I'm guessing rubber mounts sitting on the frame that wear out over time?...Also, just to be bitching, it irritates me when owners of domestics ride in my Toyota and slam the door when they get out...I know my doors aren't as heavy as boat anchors, but they put latches on them for a reason...I feel bad, but I have to sometimes ask before they get out to please be mindful and not slam the door. Ok, I'm off my soapbox.

3. Oct 13, 2010 at 2:19 PM
    azchris

azchris Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Magnetic Grey Dbl Cab 4x4 TRD OffRoad
    Click sig for build thread
    The driver's door on my old '00 S10 is ridiculous. I have to literally slam the thing just to engage the latch. It did help though when I locked the keys in, because it happened to not engage all the way and left enough room for me to slide a coathanger into the gap.

That's along with all the other problems like interior plastic pieces (even the third door handle which isn't exposed to the sun) breaking off, the bed squeaking, the engine idling rough with 25k miles on it, the radiator cracking, the A/C dying, the gas tank cracking, the gas pump going out, the stupid bolt-less headlights that rattle around looking like a strobe light, the tranny lines coming loose, the tranny grinding, three third brake lights blowing out, and water from the carwash leaking through the third brake light which apparently backs up to the cab... Nothing like watching water stream down the inside of your cab...

All this and more on a truck with less than 30k miles! And it's a 2WD street truck.

Chevy sucks :mad:

(That ends my rant :rolleyes:)

4. Oct 14, 2010 at 4:41 AM
    808hiker

808hiker Taco addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Big Island, Hawaii
    I know right...I f****n hate it when people slam my doors. Hell, I used to give rides to this guy that I felt sorry for everyday to school with my 4Runner and that idiot used to slam the doors every time...now you REALLY have to slam the door to get it shut :mad:

Some people can be real idiots though!

5. Apr 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM
    Tlook

Tlook Well-Known Member

Member:
    speaking of ground clearance my 2000 tacoma has a two-piece rear drive shaft anyone elses like that it gives me a little more gc than a one piece.

6. Apr 24, 2011 at 10:14 PM
    ppham444

ppham444 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phuong
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2023 White TRD Off-Road doublecab
    What's vagina yogurt? Is that like a yeast infection?

7. Apr 24, 2011 at 10:20 PM
    JayARRGHH

JayARRGHH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Bellingham, MA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5 TRD
    285/75/R16 Eldarado MTZ, Alpine CDE-102 Deck, DIY Snorkel, 2" Spacer Lift, Uniden Bearcat 880 CB, Custom over head console w/ map lights, CB Mount, and external CB speaker, 2 12" Kenwood Subwoofers, 300 Watt Alpine Amp, Alpine 3" lift 500# capacity
    they want more of the guys who say we drive jap trucks and terrorist trucks to be more attracted to it so they make the body taller thus giving those 'MERICANS a "bigger" truck. Who gives a shit though? My stock 03 taco has more clearance than most of the offroad trucks around mass, with the exception of the mall crawler stuck in his mid life crisis neutered by his wife.

Products Discussed in

To Top