1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I miss the states

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by eodrunner, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Apr 13, 2010 at 12:55 PM
    eodrunner

eodrunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerron
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner
    2 JL 10W3, Infinity reference series speakers all around, infinity 1600a and 475a amps, Pioneer Avicenna-z140bh
    Well, it had been about four years since I had a nice car I cared about, last one was a Subaru WRX. Now that I have my tacoma I'm babying it because that's what I like to do. One of the best parts about having a car that has a following like the Tacoma is going to meets and doing these trail drives everyone is into back in the states. Sadly I am not in the states now, i'm in Guam. I spend about 30 min to an hour, depending on how busy I am, each day reading on here the various threads posted.
    Every day it never fails I read about something that is going on somewhere in the states and I get jealous. I would gladly do a day drive, just to meet up somewhere cool and hop on a trail with everyone. Two more years and it's on. Sorry, just had to let everyone now how much cooler you all are than me right now. Take advantage of it while you have it. Who knows, someday you might decide to go live in the middle of the Ocean with nothing around. :eek:

2. Apr 13, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    i hear Guam women are hot-blooded!! the food, i like. never been to guam. so your truck is with you there?

3. Apr 13, 2010 at 1:43 PM
    RogueLeader

RogueLeader Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab SR5 TRD
    Those of us who have been in your situation know what it's like to be somewhere outside of Conus without family. I have been to Thailand (12 month short tour) and Okinawa (18 month unaccompanied long tour). I would have liked to visit Guam, but didn't get the chance. A three year tour isn't a lot of fun, but enjoy your tour. Try to get off the island and visit some of the other countries while your there. You'll have cultural experiences that many others envy. Thanks for serving.

4. Apr 13, 2010 at 1:43 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    That sucks man but there's gotta be some upsides too... try to enjoy it as much as possible some people don't get opportunities like you have.

Also, side note how do you like your Infinity setup? Thinking about dropp'n some kappas in mine...

5. Apr 13, 2010 at 1:49 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    Welcome to TW and thank you for your service. If you can, post some pics from Guam. I almost moved there in 1987, but I ended up in Nevada instead.

6. Apr 13, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    skunk

skunk what did I miss?

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudi
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD 4x4 (STOLEN)
    YOU WILL BE MISSED Satoshi Grill, FX-R retros, husky liners, bed bolt d-rings, TRD short throw shifter, 2.5 Fox Coil overs, AP UCA's, AP Expo rear leaf with Fox 2.0 shocks, Extended SS brake lines, AP kick-out sliders, 265/75/16 on Konig Countersteers, AllPro Apex front bumper and Zip Ties.
    take what you can from your stay..... TW and cockroaches will be around when you get back.

7. Apr 13, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    Loudpedal

Loudpedal Mind = Blown

Member:
    First Name:
    Blair
    Not really New, not really Mexico
    Vehicle:
    02 SR5-Hole 4x4
    Andres Devil Horns, Goodyear Duratracs, Accidental Tailgate Delete (x2), Billy 5100s, OME 881 coils, Wheeler's 5-leafs, BAMF Sliders with kickouts, Box Rocket Fab Bedrack.
    :cheers:

For another EOD tech.

8. Apr 13, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    Tim A

Tim A Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Offroad 6 spd Double Cab
    I'm sure you'll have some great memories after your tour is up. Try to enjoy it while you can and stay safe.

9. Apr 13, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    RevHard6

RevHard6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    11 DC OR 4x4
    Ahhh Guam. I was just there in February. Chances are I'll be there again in about a month for another 2-3 weeks. I feel your pain (although for a shorter period of time). Guam is TINY. I was only there for a week the first time out and drove around the island in a day. Go get some BBQ at the Chamorro Village in Hagatna on Wed night and enjoy the scenery.

10. Apr 13, 2010 at 1:54 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I heard Guam may capsize...

11. Apr 13, 2010 at 4:03 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    Been there , Done that !!!
    Did three years on the rock, HC-5
    Dont worry , the place will grow on you.
    What i miss:
    Mongolian BBQ
    Driving my truck right down to and on the beach
    Scuba Diving, Dont wait to do this like i did. Take lessons NOW and enjoy one of the best diving locations anywhere.
    Get to know some of the local's, they have great festivals in the villiages.
    Guam is where i buried my first truck off-roading, had to be towed home.

Dont think of it as what your missing in the states, think of it as a new adventure and make the most of it!! Did i mention Diving ???
    Me and wife hope to return for a visit some day.

12. Apr 13, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    08TacoTrD

08TacoTrD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad
    5100's and 883 OME Coils TRD Exhaust Deaver 1.5" AAL Rear Differential Breather Extension, 4WD Light, Tailgate Pipe clamp, Fog lights on while High Beams on, Carrier Bearing flip
    Really? I'm in the states and thinking about the things I've heard of Guam and Palau and how I can get there and your over there thing about getting back.....goes to show that some people are never content no matter where they are. Thanks for your service.

13. Apr 14, 2010 at 1:21 AM
    eodrunner

eodrunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerron
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner
    2 JL 10W3, Infinity reference series speakers all around, infinity 1600a and 475a amps, Pioneer Avicenna-z140bh
    I'll post up some pics soon for those of you that would like to see some. Just so everyone knows, I don't hate it here. I just miss being able to get away for the weekend. I miss the diversity the lower 48 has to offer.
    I have definitely taken advantage of Guam while I've been here. Luckily my job requires that. I've dove in quite a few spots around here. I've been able to see the island while hanging out of a helo and looking out the back of a c130 standing on a ramp. It's been exciting and I don't see that ending anytime soon.
    I think it's just one of those things, you don't realize what you had until it's gone. It is true though, I don't think I'll ever be content where I am. That's the joy in life I think though. So long as one can keep exploring new places, I don't want to be hunkered down in just one. Based out of one fine, but not stuck there.
    Almost forgot, the infinity setup is awesome. It's amazingly clear and with the JL 10W3's it's the perfect amount of bass. I couldn't be happier with it actually.

14. Apr 14, 2010 at 1:29 AM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    DUDE! You're EOD! Save some of that $$$ and mod the shit out of it! Oh yeah, and help me with a package if the time comes lol! Welcome to TW!

15. Apr 14, 2010 at 4:55 AM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    Guam....was my ships second port...lol
    Had some good times there...definately get into the scuba and locals action.

16. Apr 14, 2010 at 5:04 AM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Ah, you heard about that too?

Products Discussed in

To Top