1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

i need a stiffer spring or leaf??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by gixxer73, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Feb 2, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    Clelsdah

Clelsdah Western Alliance: Yeehaw Division

Member:
    No California Foothills
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4
    Bed mat, tube steps, Ipod interface, Ride-rite air springs
    +1 on the firestone airbags. You only have to use them when you need the extra support. Leveling the ride when I tow or have a heavy load makes a big difference with my set.

2. Feb 2, 2010 at 8:12 PM
    gixxer73

gixxer73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    darren
    kodak, tn
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma double cab SR5 4x4
    spidertraxx, ultimate lift kit by Toytec, LR UCA's. Kenwood 5140 Double Din, WeatherTec Floor Liners. Custom Box Build for 12 Inch PS3 with Punch 250. 15% tint all but front winshield, which is 35%, Katskinz Leather, SR5 Sockmonkey Decals, BLacked out badges, blacked out wheels, LED third light.
    good to hear, so do ya have the onboard compressor or do ya use a external and where do you access your airlines if external?

3. Feb 2, 2010 at 9:27 PM
    Fortech

Fortech Well-Known Member

Member:
    CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100's, rear TSB, Firestone bags
    I have had the Firestone bags for nearly three years now and would recommend them to anyone. I haul my sled around during the winter time and the Tacoma goes from sitting on the bumpstops (with TSB) to:

(Excuse the small winter tires and steelies)

TacomaW_sled_d341466bb79f3659f9b138f9db287faba745fe6b.jpg

35 psi in the bags with the sled loaded. All I use is one of those small bicycle pump deals that you can buy to fit to your bike. The pump is small and fits well in the pocket behind the seat. The compressor option would be nice, but not worth the money.

Install was straight forward. I plumbed both bags individually and had the air lines run along the frame rail on each side and exit underneath the rear bumper. If you look on the underside of the rear bumper there are several holes already in the bumper - mounted the air chucks here as I didn't want to drill the bumper and promote more rusting.

4. Feb 2, 2010 at 9:32 PM
    gixxer73

Member:
    First Name:
    darren
    kodak, tn
    Vehicle:
    spidertraxx, ultimate lift kit by Toytec, LR UCA's. Kenwood 5140 Double Din, WeatherTec Floor Liners. Custom Box Build for 12 Inch PS3 with Punch 250. 15% tint all but front winshield, which is 35%, Katskinz Leather, SR5 Sockmonkey Decals, BLacked out badges, blacked out wheels, LED third light.
    cool man looks awesome!!

I also have the billsteins with a setting of 3 inches lift in front and the rear add a leaf gave me 2.5 inches of lift then i put on the 285's blah blah blah

With the add a leaf and billsteins in the rear which gave the 2.5 inch leaf these will still work right??

5. Feb 2, 2010 at 9:35 PM
    cntstan

cntstan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Wisconsin now, North Carolina will always be HOME
    Vehicle:
    08 DC SR5 4X4 ; 94 Ford Bronco
    3" Toytec coilovers, rear AAL,satoshi'd grill,ARE topper,TRD exhaust, All Pro winch bumper, Warn winch, All Pro skid, Pro comp 7089's, Supersprings, Wet Okole seat covers
    I installed a set of SuperSprings. Been on for about 7 months and I'm really happy with them.

Before
    [​IMG]

And after, also with a weight distributing hitch

[​IMG]

6. Feb 2, 2010 at 9:45 PM
    gixxer73

Member:
    First Name:
    darren
    kodak, tn
    Vehicle:
    but you still have some sag with supersprings and EVEN with a WD hitch!!

7. Feb 2, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    cntstan

cntstan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Wisconsin now, North Carolina will always be HOME
    Vehicle:
    08 DC SR5 4X4 ; 94 Ford Bronco
    3" Toytec coilovers, rear AAL,satoshi'd grill,ARE topper,TRD exhaust, All Pro winch bumper, Warn winch, All Pro skid, Pro comp 7089's, Supersprings, Wet Okole seat covers
    Yes, but not nearly what I had without. I honestly think the weight distributing hitch helped more than the springs, but there was a lot of tongue weight with that trailer.

8. Feb 2, 2010 at 10:08 PM
    gixxer73

Member:
    First Name:
    darren
    kodak, tn
    Vehicle:
    yeah for sure would agree, tongue weight does look like it would be a beast.

Good lookin truck

Products Discussed in

To Top