1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I need Alarm Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ProtoJ, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Jul 17, 2011 at 3:30 PM
    ProtoJ

ProtoJ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Double Cab, Superwhite
    Removed 2nd air fliter, AFE Pro Dry filter, Scangauge II, shorty antenna, ARE CX Topper, URD Short Throw w/ TRD Shift Knob, Toyota Chrome Exhaust tip, FJ TRD Center Caps, Westin Prerunner bar w/ Hella 500 Lights, Hardwired Garmin
    I just had my windshield replaced on my commuter car (08 Toyota Yaris), and as far as I can tell, the only thing that had to be unplugged was the alarm receiver mounted in the windshield. Now I have no car alarm and the doors will not lock/unlock with the key fob. The alarm is an Audiovox Prestige. Car Toys wants $85 an hour to fix it and they think there are severed wires....but I'm pretty sure this is simpler than that. I discconected the battery but that was a mistake. The alarm went off for hours and I had to park my car in a vacant lot until I found the valet switch and disabled it. Help me please!!

2. Jul 17, 2011 at 7:47 PM
    sun

sun Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner
    Pioneer avic-z130bt with axxess aswc and rear cam mod, audiovox 10 flip down monitor, Pyle pl76d headrest monitors, kicker cvr tens wired down to one ohm with hifonics Brutus 1200.1, Clazzio seat covers, 20% tint on front windows, polished factory exhaust, peragon retractable bed cover, pop n lock tailgate handle with dei actuators for automatic lock, viper 5901 alarm remote start with viper smart start, hid bixenon 4500k headlights with 4500k fog lights, led map license plate lights and dome lights
    sounds like the antenna wire for the alarm was cut thats what is stuck on your windshield. and because your valet button allowed you disable your alarm means that your alarm is properly working or in theory. the same thing happened to me when i had my windshield replaced in my matrix they cut my bluetooth mic and my alarm wire but i caught em in the act. the easy thing for you 2 do is trace the wire that plugged into the antenna and see if u a cut in it. i had the windshield company pay me to get mind fix since they didnt want to cut a check for me directly but eh i know most of the audio shops down here so i still got some $ lol just cus i replaced everything myself

3. Jul 17, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    ProtoJ

ProtoJ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Double Cab, Superwhite
    Removed 2nd air fliter, AFE Pro Dry filter, Scangauge II, shorty antenna, ARE CX Topper, URD Short Throw w/ TRD Shift Knob, Toyota Chrome Exhaust tip, FJ TRD Center Caps, Westin Prerunner bar w/ Hella 500 Lights, Hardwired Garmin
    Yep, that's what it was. I removed the plastic from the a pillar and sure enough the wires were cut clean in half! I'm going to see if I can pick up a new cable tomorrow. If its less than $20 I'll just replace it myself.

4. Jul 17, 2011 at 10:08 PM
    sun

sun Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner
    Pioneer avic-z130bt with axxess aswc and rear cam mod, audiovox 10 flip down monitor, Pyle pl76d headrest monitors, kicker cvr tens wired down to one ohm with hifonics Brutus 1200.1, Clazzio seat covers, 20% tint on front windows, polished factory exhaust, peragon retractable bed cover, pop n lock tailgate handle with dei actuators for automatic lock, viper 5901 alarm remote start with viper smart start, hid bixenon 4500k headlights with 4500k fog lights, led map license plate lights and dome lights
    if you cant find it for cheap another possible solution is to get a razor blade and strip back the black cover on the ant wires and butt-connect them back 2gether they should be color coded btw but it might decrease your range slightly...

To Top