1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I need honesty...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dimitrik, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Mar 4, 2009 at 10:13 AM
    dimitrik

dimitrik [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dimitri
    Quebec
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab TRD-Offroad
    AllPro Skidplate
    I have paid my 1000$ deposit for my tacoma 3+ months ago, and its still not here. Every time i call there is different reason why its not here. Last time i asked they said there was a huge back order.

If it were any other car, i would off taken my deposit back a long time ago. I really want my Access cab TRD-Off road with 6 speed manual!!!

I want to find out if there is any back order you guys are aware of. Please i am getting so fed up with dealership lies :(

I live in Canada btw.

Edit: I also convinced them to give me winter tires when i ordered it. Maybe they are taking revenge.

2. Mar 4, 2009 at 10:16 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Sounds like a scam to put you off while they make interest money off your deposit so they can cook the books. Toyota sales were off like 45% last month vs. last year, how any maker could have that much of a backlog about now doesn't seem to make sense.

3. Mar 4, 2009 at 10:17 AM
    kristopherl

kristopherl AKA: Jake the Wolf

Member:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4x4 Sport LB. Foglight
    Cup holder LEDs, Black Max Tonau, BHL Mod, N-Fab side steps
    I got the same run around when I ordered mine.. in the mean time one almost identical showed up at another dealer 3 months after I ordered it. I got my deposit back and bought it from the other dealer.

4. Mar 4, 2009 at 10:18 AM
    dimitrik

Member:
    First Name:
    Dimitri
    Quebec
    Vehicle:
    AllPro Skidplate

Scam :(

what can i do about it? Should i call another dealer and ask them about the back order?

5. Mar 4, 2009 at 10:30 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    You should never pay a deposit! Ever! You loaned a car dealer money!?!??!?! are you insane!?!?!?!??!

6. Mar 4, 2009 at 10:32 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Sorry, 1st sentence was sarcasm.........I think.

7. Mar 4, 2009 at 10:34 AM
    dimitrik

Member:
    First Name:
    Dimitri
    Quebec
    Vehicle:
    AllPro Skidplate

This is Canada :( They got us by the balls. They dont do anything without a deposit.

8. Mar 4, 2009 at 10:37 AM
    NicksRig

NicksRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kenora, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Blacked out Skid plate, block heater, bug deflector, blacked out headlights, tinted fronts, OME 3" lift, Toytec AAL, Revenge-Fab Sliders, K&N Air Filter
    I know the dealership here has a buch of Taco's on their lot. I think your gettin screwed.

9. Mar 4, 2009 at 10:40 AM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    I would

#1 Make sure the papers I signed have a date where it states the deposit will be refunded if a vehicle has not been delivered within a certain time frame.

#2 If the deposit is indeed refundable, I wouldn't pull it yet but I'd immediately go to several other dealers and start talking business.

I bet you can find a truck for far less then what your original deal you made, the dealers are a lot hungrier then they were 3 months ago and Toyota was throwing out some pretty good incentives to move the 08's

10. Mar 4, 2009 at 10:41 AM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    I would try to get my deposit back if I were you. That is bull shit, our dealership in Northern CA is overloaded with Tacoma's, I'd deffinatley try to get my money back.

11. Mar 4, 2009 at 10:45 AM
    dimitrik

Member:
    First Name:
    Dimitri
    Quebec
    Vehicle:
    AllPro Skidplate
    I just called them and they said that mine is in my town, it should be here march 9 or couple days more. The guy said the delay was due to parts shortage.

Sigh

I swear to god those ƒuckers are lucky its a tacoma offroad.

12. Mar 4, 2009 at 10:49 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    I used to live in Canada. Car dealers are car dealers are car dealers. I suppose they could be worse in Somalia or Yemen.

13. Mar 4, 2009 at 10:50 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    This is dealer code speak. What it really means is "we needed your $1000 to finance the payment of our parts department monthly order".

14. Mar 4, 2009 at 11:14 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    You're waiting cause you ordered winter tires for it. So not only did you get a popular vehicle, you got it with something that is in very shot demand. What did you expect?

Just call them up and get aggro on their ass.

15. Mar 4, 2009 at 12:52 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    What about integrity ?

16. Mar 4, 2009 at 12:55 PM
    09 tacoma trd

09 tacoma trd Well-Known Member

Member:
    ontario, canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 black tacoma dbl cab trd sport
    hope it works out for you. i bought mine several monthes ago and they only wanted to sell what is on the lot. they said the same thing, monthes to get more trucks in. the only thing i got from them was a bug deflecter. would not deal

17. Mar 4, 2009 at 6:17 PM
    meafordmike

meafordmike Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    New Brunswick Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4X4/ 4Dr 6 speed, Sport/ Towing
    Devil Horns, Wet Okoles, WeatherTechs, Radflo Coilovers, OME Dakar's, FJC Gun metal rims, 265/75/16 BFG All Terrain TA/KO, Rear Diff breather Mod,
    This sort of thing happened to me also, but I had a good relationship with my old dealer so no deposit.
    But I wanted my perfect truck and was told I would have wait for it to be built for me. I had my old Trecel so I was in no rush.
    It was explained to me that because I was ordering the "rare for Canada" double cab 6 speed it would take awhile. Apparently Toyota Canada doesn’t sell that many manuals and the 5ft box on the double cab is a real deterrent for buyers. I got the 08 because I was afraid the 09s weren’t coming to Canada in a manual. As I am sure you know we don't get allot of the options they get in the US.
    I did track it from the factory (I wanted to call the factory and get them to give it some extra TLC)
    You will love it when it comes

18. Mar 4, 2009 at 7:12 PM
    NMG

NMG Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ottawa
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Really hard to say. I know that it sounds like you will be getting it now, but what was the original delivery date?

When I put my deposit down, it was on a truck that was set to be delivered to the dealer in 2 to 2.5 months per their system info. I got a call a couple of weeks back saying that it would be delayed another 2-3 weeks from the original date. The sales rep said it was due to the production cuts that Toyota had recently put into place and as a result of those, the build date was put back. Not a big deal as I wanted to wait until Spring anyway. I have no reason to doubt what they told me. In fact, there were other trucks they could have acquired had I wanted it earlier. A good dealer will work with you to make you happy.

As an aside, I DO think it's a little different up here. At least in my area, the inventory levels for Taco's are pretty low and the trucks do get snapped up pretty quick when they do show up, hence the need for a deposit. If you don't put one down you can bet that someone else will and then you are stuck picking from limited selection on the lot (if there are any) or needing dumb luck to stumble onto the particular package you want. The prices are also pretty much what the sticker says and the dealers are pretty consistent with that. I suppose that's the luxury they have when they have a product that is in high demand with limited inventory. Heck, you never even see incentives on Taco's. Every other Toyota model yup, Taco, no.

At the end of the day as long as you get your truck and you are happy, it's all good :)

19. Mar 4, 2009 at 8:12 PM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, V6, Manual Transmission, 4x4
    Same thing happened to me. Had to wait about ten weeks (original delivery date was only four weeks). It really depends on what's in stock in your area. But then, that was because I was unwilling to compromise on the color, I could have had a white one right then and there, or a silver one within a week. In the end they upgraded the running boards that were part of the deal, to a set of sidestep bars for free, so I was happy. Pretty soon you'll be driving your new truck, and you won't even remember the three agonizing months of waiting.

20. Mar 4, 2009 at 8:30 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Not to be a downer, I wonder if it's as you ordered. Can they verify the Taco that is in, is as you specified? :evil: Might help put you at ease. :yay:

Products Discussed in

To Top