1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I need some suspension advice, I'm clueless.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by nate71, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Jun 3, 2011 at 1:05 PM
    nate71

nate71 [OP] Rising Creek

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD Off Road
    Toytec Boss 2.5 front coilovers Toytec Boss rear shocks Deavers 10 leaf pack Caliraised ditch light brackets Caliraised faux TRD Pro grill Rigid LED D-SS pods Timbren bump stops 16” VTX off road wheels
    What would be a more long term fix?

2. Jun 3, 2011 at 1:15 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    It wasn't too bad. We loosened the sway bar to get it out of the way, unbolted the tie rod, then I pushed down on the UCA and my dad was able to pull out and replace the old strut with the new assembly. We fought a little with the driver side because it had the 1/4" spacer which is why I said if you're using a taller coil, it'd be tough and should remove the UCA connection like you mentioned.

It looks like you've been bottoming out (either that or it's a shadow). Look at where the bump stop hits the frame, is it rubbed through like it's been hitting a lot? You should see if you qualify for the heavier TSB leaf pack.

3. Jun 3, 2011 at 1:16 PM
    mxnborder

mxnborder Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Santa Barbara
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 sport - black on black on black
    DR coilovers AAl 285 kelly safaris lightbar/skidplate need more!
    those aren't really too bad, if you go look at a brand new tacomas rear leafs with nothing done to them they are pretty flat, even though most leaf packs have the normal bend we like to see. i'd recommend add a leaf to keep cost down, ive had them forever and never had a problem, even hauling 3 dirtbikes and 5 adults in the cab!

4. Jun 3, 2011 at 2:29 PM
    nate71

nate71 [OP] Rising Creek

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD Off Road
    Toytec Boss 2.5 front coilovers Toytec Boss rear shocks Deavers 10 leaf pack Caliraised ditch light brackets Caliraised faux TRD Pro grill Rigid LED D-SS pods Timbren bump stops 16” VTX off road wheels
    What do you mean by qualify for the TSB leaf pack?

5. Jun 3, 2011 at 8:12 PM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
  6. Jun 3, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    nate71

nate71 [OP] Rising Creek

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD Off Road
    Let me ask yall this...can I install the bilstein shocks where the stock shocks are now (front and rear) and be good? or will more have to be replaced? I looked on my brothers truck today and he appears to have OME shocks in the back with AAL's and toyotec spacers with what appears to be aftermarket springs and bilstein shocks in the front.

7. Jun 4, 2011 at 9:11 AM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    You can put the 5100 on with no lift and have a better ride. I will probably go with the 5100s all around with no lift and aftermarket springs in the front to kinda level it out. I will get a better ride, have a bit of rake in the back (to carry loads without pointing the nose up)and not stress the shocks out or lose travel. AND without my wife noticing that I spent money on my truck.:D

This is what I got from spending too much time on TW. You can spend a few hours searching the forums for all the answers.

Products Discussed in

To Top