1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I need your help TacomaWorld

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by John Fang, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Jun 23, 2011 at 11:57 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    i honestly think your giving up too easy on the mechanic...i mean...it worked before you took it to him..and doesnt after...unless it was some crazy coincidence..i mean...shit doesnt usually just happen on its own like that..

2. Jun 24, 2011 at 12:04 AM
    XBrown

XBrown Spartacus!

Member:
    First Name:
    Xavier
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma SR5
    I've seen something similar happen once in a Crown Vic. In the Vic, it would crank, start, and keep the starter engaged when you just turned the key to "ON". It turned out to be a fuse stuck in the wrong place, so it was bridging between a "hot in run" circuit and the starter circuit. First thing I would check is to make sure all the fuses (since the under dash fuse block is fed by the under hood fuse block) are in the right places.

3. Jun 24, 2011 at 12:22 AM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    Go to another trustworthy mechanic and explain the scenario out for him. Have him diagnose it and then get an estimate or have him fix it. bring the receipt to the old mechanic and demand payment. I know California he would have to pay, and you can claim lack of faith in him for taking it to another shop. As for what the problem is My best guess would actually be your ignition switch. one of the plastic pieces that hold the contacts might have broken off and is making contact when it is not supposed to be. If thats the case I don't think it was the mechanic and just a coincidence.

4. Jun 24, 2011 at 12:24 AM
    BlueTaco07

BlueTaco07 Super Mod!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Panama city, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Looking
    Thats ford though. They are fair game for anything :D

5. Jun 24, 2011 at 12:52 AM
    SCSPerformance

SCSPerformance Stealth Custom Series™ Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Camburg LT kit DMZ SUA kit SCS wheels Destroyer Gray
    I too would assume it's something with the ignition switch. It might be a relay not clicking back that's related to the ignition.

Products Discussed in

To Top