1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I need your opinion or advice. (New to this)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MrGuitarguy, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Jun 13, 2010 at 9:37 PM
    MrGuitarguy

MrGuitarguy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner Longbed SR5
    I'm new to this whole modding thing. This is my first truck, and although I've never considered myself a truck guy....damn I'm loving this Taco. That being said I caught the MOD bug. Ive been saving my paychecks for a 3' lift, wheels and tires. I want my truck to look mean! but....I would like your advice and/or opinions to my future purchases.

First off is the wheels and tires. I'm going for a black and red theme, and I think these wheels would look cool (aside from that stupid chrome Nascar text, I think I can get that painted?). Sorry I dont know how to post pics. I provided links.

Wheels (http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=1329065500B&wheelMake=NASCAR&wheelModel=Daytona&wheelFinish=Black+w%2FRed+Stripe&showRear=no&autoMake=Toyota&autoModel=Tacoma+Double+Cab+Without+TPMS&autoYear=2005&autoModClar=2wd+Prerunner&filterSize=All&filterFinish=All&filterSpecial=false&filterBrand=NASCAR&filterNew=All&sort=Brand) I'm thinking 17x9's on these tires

Tires: I was going to get general grabbers AT2's, but apparently they dont make them in 285 65 17. I could use advice on which tires to get. I DONT WANT TO SPEND MORE THAN $200 each, but I do want AT's.

My biggest concern is that the tire combination will rub? Should I not get 285's?

The big purchase.
    3' Lift (http://www.toyteclifts.com/componen...ge/product/Ultimate_lift_ki_4bc60bf0a60be.jpg)
    Seeing as this is going to hold up my truck, I dont mind spending big bucks on it, but what is yalls opinion on this brand of lift? and will I need anything else to make sure my truck looks good and is even (I've seen some pictures of other peoples Taco's and the front is higher than the back). Will I need UCA's? and if so what do you all recommend?

The goal is to make my truck looks like some members on here, specifically Toku58's, WW FIREFIGHER's, and you get the point. Both their trucks look amazing with their lifts. I checked their builds and they both have 3' lifts (If I looked correctly).

Whatya think?

2. Jun 14, 2010 at 4:18 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    You do not need a 9" wide wheel for those tires you listed. Find something in an 8" wide width.

Use the search button and google. Lots of info already on the forum at your fingertips.

3. Jun 14, 2010 at 4:42 PM
    MrGuitarguy

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner Longbed SR5
    Well I cant find the Tire size I want. Also I just wanted peoples opinion on the brands I chose.

4. Jun 14, 2010 at 6:04 PM
    redrazr

redrazr 26+6=1

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Regular Cab 4WD Auto
  5. Jun 14, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    MrGuitarguy

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner Longbed SR5
    Well what is yalls opinion on the lift? Will the truck be level and straight? Or will I need something else besides the kit?

PS: Ive been reading forums. I havnt found the answer.

6. Jun 14, 2010 at 8:54 PM
    MrGuitarguy

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner Longbed SR5
    I havnt seen it. SHOW ME!.....plz[​IMG]

To Top