1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I phone vs. Android

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by ecr6cyl10, Apr 3, 2012.

?

Iphone vs Android

Poll closed May 3, 2012.
  1. I Phone 4s or 5

97 vote(s)
    46.0%
  2. Android

114 vote(s)
    54.0%
  1. Mar 6, 2013 at 8:00 AM
    guitarjamman

guitarjamman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Northeast
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ram 2500
    I just ditched my iPhone for the Samsung Galaxy S3 during my upgrade two weeks ago. Wanted something new (iOS never changes) and figured what the hell.

Initial impressions of Android software: Wow, you can do a lot of things with it. I'm not one for too much customization, but whatever I feel like changing, I have the option to. The screen on the GS3 if awesome - my wife upgraded to the iPhone 5 and when I use her phone, I know I made the right decision even if based on the screen alone. The only issue I have with the GS3 is battery life. I have searched high and low, made numerous changes to the settings, and it has helped to an extent. With the iPhone, I could go two full days with moderate use before needing a charge. Samsung: at the end of one day I need to plug it in; it even experiences some battery loss when just sitting there in sleep.

Texting is a major hurdle I am still trying to get over with the GS3. I was a fan of the iPhone's autocorrect, it scored a 95% accuracy with me (tried texting the boss "flags" and apple thought I meant "****"). With the GS3, I have to re-read my text just to search for errors when typing - the speak to text option is pretty sweet and very accurate though. All in all, I am very happy with the decision to switch it up.

2. Mar 6, 2013 at 8:06 AM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    I'm almost half tempted to become a hypocrite and switch to an iPhone at my next upgrade. I hate Apple and love Android when its functioning but every Android phone I've had has suffered from the eventual random reboot issue and random shut off issue where removing the battery is the only way to get it back on. My Galaxy Nexus has began now after just over a year. A shame cause its otherwise an awesome phone.

3. Mar 6, 2013 at 5:59 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    Mom just got a iphone 5, gonna jailbreak it and trade phones with her for a while, just to try it out. (I have a S3)... She originally wanted a S3 anyway, but they didn't have the color she wanted :rolleyes:

Products Discussed in

To Top