1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I pooped a little

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Swwacoma, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Swwacoma

Swwacoma [OP] Doomsday Squad

Member:
    Estero, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5.
    Not literally, but almost.

I was fishing today at this place called Clam Pass down in Naples. Had some good luck catching fish in the back of the pass (2 decent jacks and a big mangrove snapper) but I wanted to go hunting for snook. There was a sandbar at the mouth of the pass where I've seen snook hanging out before so I walk out there and see a big school of mullet flying by looking really spooked...figure the snook I was after was behind them. Out of the corner of my eye I see something swim by so I turn to cast at it (still assuming its a snook). Nope. When I turn I see the thing just hovering 2 feet from me and I realize that a snook would almost never get that close, especially a big one. I look closer. Def. not a snook.

It was a freaking 4-5 foot long hammer head shark, just chilling. It scared the crap out of me. So I slowly backed out of the water and called my friends over and watched it swim circles in the water for a while. I don't even think I was in knee high water. I know they say thats where you will encounter sharks but I never had seen one there before. Freaky stuff, but then I realized he didn't want to eat me so I went back out there fishing and he would just swim circles around me. Scared the shit out of some tourists though.

2. beastlytaco

beastlytaco This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma standard cab
    15% tinted back window, 25% on sides. Jardine catback exhaust system. horn modification, AFE pro dry S filter and secondary filter removed. All weather toyota tacoma mats.
    holy crap. thats scary. anybody there using schad for bait?

3. Swwacoma

Member:
    Estero, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5.
    No, I was the only one fishing near by and I was just using a little glass minnow. Would have loved to get some of the mullet swimming through though.

4. beastlytaco

beastlytaco This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma standard cab
    15% tinted back window, 25% on sides. Jardine catback exhaust system. horn modification, AFE pro dry S filter and secondary filter removed. All weather toyota tacoma mats.
    yeah i bet. was this area pretty well populated with people fishing or was it just a few people fishing?

5. SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Founder Socaltacomas.com Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    DAMN i would have definately shit myself but the crazy part is you went back? looks like if he was really hungry you would have been bait or a nice catch for him.

6. Swwacoma

Member:
    Estero, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5.
    Usually there is a bunch of people fishing, but for some reason it was just me and my friends fishing there today up to the point we left. Like I said we were back in pass fishing (I guess you'd have to see pictures of the place to understand fully) and I ventured off on my own, so there was no one fishing for...100 yards? Probably farther they were still back in the pass when I saw it. They were using the same bait I was though. I think it just followed the mullet in or just knew that they would get pulled into the pass so he just patrolled the mouth looking for a free snack.

7. Swwacoma

Member:
    Estero, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5.
    Meh, he wasn't interested in me. If he had been I doubt he would have just been hovering 2 feet away from with my back turned.

Kinda funny, I could put my rod tip in the water and he would swim towards it...kinda like playing with a dog...a big ferocious dog

8. SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Founder Socaltacomas.com Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    You got some balls man!

9. Swwacoma

Member:
    Estero, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5.
    meh, it was kinda fun.

10. Chad

Chad Rand Paul 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Pioneer AVIC-X920BT Headunit -- BHLM -- Pioneer TS-A1685R 4-way Coax Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- 09+ Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    That would've scared me. I have never encountered a shark in the wild before.

11. Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    Well shit! I didn't know people fished for them.:D
    [​IMG]
    Sorry, couldn't resist!

To Top