1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I pulled the trigger - 2010 TRD OR in Timberland Mica

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MerlinMurph, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Jul 6, 2020 at 8:31 PM
    vtown

vtown Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    09 Access TRD OR 4x4 V6 6spd
    Cool! Thanks. Sounds pretty good in today’s market.
    What’s crazy is I only paid about $27000 +TTR for my 6spd AC TRD off-road brand new in November 2008. Since Then, the cost of tacos has only gone up! For grins I spec’d a new 3rd gen a little while back and it’s up to mid-upper 40’s for a comparable rig .
    Then I test drove my buddies 3rd gen...meh. I prefer the 2nd gen hands down.
    Enjoy it!

2. Jul 6, 2020 at 8:37 PM
    MerlinMurph

MerlinMurph [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garret
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR DCSB Timberland Mica
    I like the 3rd gens looks-wise, but there was zero chance I was going to spend that much. Even the cheapest double cab 3rd gen rig was out of my price range. I was dead set on a double cab so I could still fit my whole family.

When I was looking a month ago I got to talk to one of the service techs at the dealership who was driving an 07 DCSB with 320k miles on it and he said he preferred the second gens as well (particularly mentioned he likes the 4.0 v6 better).

3. Jul 6, 2020 at 8:45 PM
    taco_rhyno

taco_rhyno Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4 Sport
    Nice truck, congrats. Good first move on the bull bar removal.

My buddy had a used car dealership - he used to take packaged coffee grounds (the ones in their own filter) and put the coffee/filter pod under the seats and swore it would get rid of the smoke smell.

4. Jul 6, 2020 at 8:51 PM
    MerlinMurph

MerlinMurph [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garret
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR DCSB Timberland Mica
    I've seen that mentioned a few places. I'm pretty confident that with a combination of these things and some time I'll knock it out. Hopefully once all this covid mess is over I'll get out in it with my boys and we'll add our own stink to it.

5. Jul 7, 2020 at 6:54 AM
    MerZ

MerZ Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2011 Timberland Mica DCSB TRD-OR
    Stock, just got her, 3rd owner, purchased at 144k for 18k (they gave me a sweet deal on my trade)
    I just bought a 2011 Timberland Mica!

Had 144k miles, TRD OR w/JBL, Tow package, came with a trailer brake, soft bed cover, new tires, pads, rotors, and a bit more maint stuff.

Paid 18K but they gave me 1500 more for my trade in than my highest other offer. Actually gave me more for my trade than NADA listed, 6500 for a Subaru legacy 3.6R with 154K miles. With them giving me so much more for my trade than anyone else even though I paid 18K I still ended up with a really good deal in my opinion. It also is still a good 500 under book as well even with the miles.

I'm in colorado and tacomas will sell so quick you wont even have a chance to make it to the stealership to test drive, trust me I wasted my time on more than one occasion. As soon as they have someone ready to buy, it's gone, and Tacomas just fly out the door. I had to jump on it. Had it looked over by a good toyota mechanic and he told me confidently if I continue the maintenance the truck has seen, I will see 500K and I'm making it a goal.

I'll be picking it up next week, will post more pics in my own thread but till then "Doug" says hello to his twin!

Screenshot_20200706-203530_Chrome.jpg

vtown likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top