1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I think something is wrong

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by EGtaco, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Mar 3, 2010 at 12:27 PM
    EGtaco

EGtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma
    Every time i hit the curb my front left side makes a sound like the shock is bottoming out. It feels like the suspension is real loose...more so than the right side. Has anyone ever heard of a shock or suspension system failing within 30k miles on only one side? I have not been off road for months so I dont think I broke anything. Is there anyway I can tell if there is a problem or should I take it to hte shop? I dont know mush when it comes to suspension.....2009 double cab 4wd

2. Mar 3, 2010 at 12:34 PM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport+Leather 4x4
    Front 5100's @2.5", Rear 5125's with AAL. Light Racing UCA's, Factory hood deflector, Sirius Sportster 5, TRD air filter, Weathertech's f&r, "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Crawl underneath and grab your CV joints......Chances are that they will move in and out with a "clunk". My truck makes this sound when going over small bumps particularily when the wheel is cut. There is an acceptable amount of play with these and lots of our trucks have it.

3. Mar 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM
    SManZ

SManZ el tráfico más lento se queda derecha

Member:
    Haymarket, VA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Supercharged 4x4 Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    How hard are you hitting curbs? I'd take a peek under the truck and check the bolts for tightness and then take it in under warranty.

To Top