1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I want stories of lunatic neighbors

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by mlcc, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Jan 14, 2019 at 12:44 PM
    Extra Hard Taco

Extra Hard Taco Survivor of the winter of misery and death.

Member:
    First Name:
    R.J.
    Clown World
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD OR
    ARB Bumper, SOS sliders, rear bumper, and skid plate. OME Lift. Some other stuff.
    and one time at band camp....

2. Jan 14, 2019 at 12:44 PM
    HardShellTacoma

HardShellTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB OR
    You can find out where they live and mail it back to them.

50Buck, TacoSR523, Barsoom and 11 others like this.
  3. Jan 14, 2019 at 12:44 PM
    TacomaSport86

TacomaSport86 2010 Tacoma/2016 4Runner Pro

Member:
    I will be putting a trail cam out soon to catch the perps!

4. Jan 14, 2019 at 12:48 PM
    eon_blue

eon_blue Most Improved Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD 3.4l 4x4 5sp manual Xtraca & '96 4runner 4x4 5spd manual
    Not a bad idea actually haha. Chances are they probably live somewhat nearby so I could probably figure that out pretty easily.

I'm reminded of another issue, we have a lot of Lift/Uber drivers around our neighborhood and on more than one occasion I've found fast food trash lying on the street where one of them is parked while they're in between rides or waiting on a customer. One of these days I want to be in the right place/right time to be able to throw their food and drink back through their window.

This thread is a fun place to vent, thanks OP lol

TacoSR523, DopeItsSam, Marc70 and 5 others like this.
  5. Jan 14, 2019 at 12:49 PM
    mlcc

mlcc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2002 DC TRD/ 1990 4runner
    Lights, 3in lift, tires/ wheels, being awesome
    Your welcome

TacoSR523 and Slashaar like this.
  6. Jan 14, 2019 at 12:52 PM
    Clearwater Bill

Clearwater Bill Never answer an anonymous letter

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    '13 5 lug AC w/convenience package
    A few OE parts from fancy trucks
    I've had 'interesting' neighbors on both sides at times in the 27 years I've been in this house. (Had excellent neighbors in the other 4 places I've lived)

I won't regale you with stories of these 2, because one is dead and the other was Baker Acted. Again.

I like my new neighbors ok. One has done a stellar job rehabing the property, the other is still working inside. But I'm thinking the non running A-Team style van in the drive needs to be 'stolen'.

hr206 and Jojee117 like this.
  7. Jan 14, 2019 at 12:56 PM
    El Duderino

El Duderino Obviously, you're not a golfer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    HI->PNW
    Vehicle:
    16 MGM Sport 4x4 DCSB & 19 nautical blue SR5 premium 4x4
    Stuff, things, this, an ADS
    Let’s see I have 3

First
    I was a young home owner in a rich old neighborhood. Lady would let her dog shit in the my yard all the time. I’ve confronted her about quite a few times. I start picking up the shit and putting in her mailbox. Maillady was super nice and said that’s actually a crime lol. So I put it under her door handle of her Maserati that stopped.

Second
    Old retire marine one star General was my neighbor in the same neighborhood. He would try to intimidate me in to cutting down a pulmeria tree in my yard cause the leaves and flowers would blow into his yard. So I woke up one morning to the damn asshole trying to cut down my tree with a hand saw cause he was trying to be quiet about it. Remedy I built a 6ft rock wall around my property

Third
    Moved and bought a house in a different upper middle class neighborhood. There was a rental property next to me. My last year before I moved a white trash drunk asshole moved in a would get drunk and scream racist shit from his front lanai(patio). Then he started talking shit about my wife and other stuff. He said he was going to kill so I went off on him and told him I don’t miss when I shoot. He called the cops to get me on terroristic threatening. The four cops that showed up were really good friends of mine. Cops explained to him who I was and what I use to do for a living during and after the marine corps. So they told him to stop, and they told me if I catch him on my property or the public street hes fair game. He ended up leaving the island after he got 3 DUI’s in 10 days and also he lived at this property for 48 days the cops were called there 31 times.

604, RedDemolisher, Tatts521 and 11 others like this.
  8. Jan 14, 2019 at 12:59 PM
    Grossomotto

Grossomotto Complete 3rd Member

Member:
    39.9526° N, 75.1652° W
    Vehicle:
    2017 4WDV6LB6MT
    “What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-uz_7nEn1-A

MoneyMan55, AxisCab, Boyitz and 2 others like this.
  9. Jan 14, 2019 at 1:02 PM
    Skrain

Skrain Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Member:
    Monticello, Ky
    Vehicle:
    2009 F.J. Cruiser
    Westin 9 LED Driving Lights.
    My neighbors kind of went the other way, since they were a bunch of "Literally" Hippies on the "Earthheart Mountain Healing Foundation", A.K.A. A place for a bunch of stoners to come and hang out. They were never violent or anything like that, but I learned to NEVER count on them to do ANYTHING they said they were going to do! Also, amazingly unreliable and totally incapable or taking care of ANYTHING they owned.

A couple of examples...once the head Hippie was gifted a new Stihl Chainsaw. He managed to fry it within an hour by running straight gas in it, thinking the oil you put in it for chain lube was used to lubricate the engine! Second... my late partner went there one day to borrow a gas can. He found 6 cans, NONE of which had their tops or spouts. The hippies would start to mow, run the mower out of gas, carry a can back out to the mower AFTER a "Safety break" of a doobie or two, open the can, drop the lid on the ground, and proceed to RUN OVER IT when the mower was restarted!

That's why my partner said that we didn't need cable television for entertainment, we had Earthheart!

They are almost all gone, so things are a lot quieter here now...

604, Tatts521, Pilot0527 and 7 others like this.
  10. Jan 14, 2019 at 1:16 PM
    DurtGrrl

DurtGrrl Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road DCLB
    Tailgate insert (MountainHatch) KO2s KDMaxProTune Icon Front/Rear Shocks Icon 1.5" AAL SPC UCAs
    Disclaimer: I just moved to Vegas from the South, where people are generally friendly (but boy do I have some neighbor stories, though I'm sometimes the crazy neighbor). I'm also an animal lover.

Couple stories reflecting how weird it is to live with an HOA and in a non-friendly area:

--In August, the dryer went out. So, I rigged a clothesline with paracord in the backyard and hung the sheets out to dry. 45 min later as I'm folding them, the out of state landlord calls me from Cali all torn up because the HOA got a report that I'm hanging laundry out. In the backyard. (there are massive walls around the house though 2 neighbors can see in the backyard). In August. Whatever. :annoyed:

--November rolls around. I leave for Moab for the week of Thanksgiving. I get back that Sunday after Tgiving and realize the neighbor's dog has not stopped barking in the time it took me to unload a ridiculous amount of gear and crap from the truck. I had introduced myself to him (let's call him DBag1) like a proper neighbor when I moved in and met the dog - an intact, very large pit bull or PB mix who was friendly. I look over the wall down hill into DBag's yard, and realize the dog is super thin and has NO food, water or shelter evident. I go knock on the door, and see a foreclosure notice taped to the door...dated the day I left for Moab (8 days prior). I go ask the other neighbor (DBag2) who is pulling out of his garage, if he knows the guy. He does, and says DBag1 split after getting foreclosed on. WTF about the dog?? DBag2 says, yeah, he won't stop barking. No one has been by to feed him or give water, either.
    [WTF??? So...I get the HOA called on me after 45 min for sheets but dog abandonment gets no reaction from anyone? I hate HOAs and plan to move]

I promptly build a rope system to lower water over the wall (I can't go through the gate and the dog got aggressive when I started to climb over it). I go buy dog food and lower it over the wall. I then ask DBag2 if he has DBag1's number, which he does. It doesn't work. I spend 2 hours trying to track down DBag1 on the internet to ask him if he is coming back for the dog - can't get a response from any number, and researching bully breed laws and dog rescue. The next day I call Animal Control. They promptly arrive --confirming the dog was in seriously bad shape, they took the dog, leaving more paperwork taped to his door. Two nights later, I hear this crazy pounding at the door. It's DBag 1, with DBag 2 behind him, both yelling, cussing me every name in the book, and threatening me because I got his dog confiscated. I don't open the door, I can see what's going on out the window. After 20 min of that, he leaves and starts moving out. I never see him again but DBag2 yells Bitch at me every time he sees me. I mean, I feel bad that the house got foreclosed but he had a brand new Lexus and a fancy Infiniti so who knows what the deal was. The dog went to breed rescue and I've been tracking his progress with them (he seems much happier!). In theory I live in a nicer part of town but yeah...crazy neighbors. I keep my head on a swivel at all times coming/going.

Funny thread.

11. Jan 14, 2019 at 1:39 PM
    916carl

916carl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carl
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB TRD Sport SR5
    My Mom and Dad had new sod put in front and back, along with other landscaping. Neighbor down the block has a bunch of outside cats - mostly feral we think. They all use my parents new grass in the backyard as a litterbox and it's killing it. Brown spots everywhere. So I told him to get one of these. This might workfor you as well. Just position it in a way that it only activates when something is on your lawn. Oh, and get a trail cam to post videos here for our entertainment.

85D5D422-351A-4AC9-AFCB-7767AAA8170A.jpg
    96B2B75B-57E6-4B38-8A8F-F7AFAF80D8E6.jpg

12. Jan 14, 2019 at 1:52 PM
    eon_blue

eon_blue Most Improved Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD 3.4l 4x4 5sp manual Xtraca & '96 4runner 4x4 5spd manual
    LOL at that last photo, that's funny. Good suggestion thanks, didn't know motion activated sprinklers existed haha

13. Jan 14, 2019 at 2:14 PM
    MrWednesday

MrWednesday Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCSB TRD OR MGM
    My next door neighbors are angry and drunk most of the time. The husband is extremely passive aggressive while the wife is the cliche low IQ / high volume know it all that thinks the world revolves around her.

Anyway, last August, our neighborhood had a couple of break-ins where the thieves would hop the fence from the open space and enter houses through basement window wells. My wife and I were about to go on vacation for a week and I wanted to something to protect the house a little so I purchased a few Blink-XT cameras and installed them the night before we left. Everything was fine, the vacation was fine and no issues... Until we got home.

As soon as we arrived, both of our phones started blowing up with calls and text messages from mutual friends in the neighborhood. Come to find out, the entire week we were gone, the neighbor wife had been trashing us on social media and telling all of our neighbors that we were spying on her, that we were perverts and that she was going to call the cops and bring lawsuits against us. All because of the camera in the back yard.

My wife, wanting to preserve the peace, texted the husband and asked if they could talk it out, he agreed. As she heads outside to talk to him, she tells me to stay inside (knowing that I'm not quite as level headed as she is) I agree. She leaves the front door open so I can hear everything. The first words out of the husbands mouth are: "move the camera or take it down" and before my wife could complete a sentence the harpy neighbor wife comes flying out of their garage and at the top of her lungs begins screaming at my wife that she's a stupid bitch and I'm sexual predator and pervert and she's going to own our asses after she sues us and she's going to beat our asses, etc... etc.. My wife, knowing that talking isn't going to work just says "This is over." and walks inside as the harpy continues to squak.

Since then, we haven't spoken to them and they have been very reclusive, but they continue to burn bridges with most of the other neighbors. While I hope this is the last encounter, I doubt it. As angry as she is and with the influence of alcohol, we will eventually have to involve the police.

14. Jan 14, 2019 at 2:18 PM
    Thunder Fist

Thunder Fist Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Birmingham, AL
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM TRD OR DCSB
    Like, so many.
    I've got a neighbor I call Crazy Carroll. She asks me for bandaids (cannot be a generic brand) on the regular and she always wants to show me a "wound" which is inevitably "seeping" as she loves to point out.

15. Jan 14, 2019 at 2:20 PM
    surfandturf

surfandturf Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD DCLB
    davidstacoma likes this.
  16. Jan 14, 2019 at 2:26 PM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    One of my neighbors waved at me once as I was leaving for work, I was mortified.
    Like who is this mf'r?

17. Jan 14, 2019 at 2:47 PM
    TomTwo

TomTwo I love God but I cuss a little

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    I-85 Southbound and Truckin
    Vehicle:
    Totaled 2012 TRD Sport, 2013 TRD Double Cab Sport
    At my old House the Guy across the street used to trim his trees with a shotgun.
    And the Woman next door used to get drunk and cut her grass on a riding mower naked.

18. Jan 14, 2019 at 2:51 PM
    rtkbowhunter

rtkbowhunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southeast PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Quad Cab SR5
    Used to find piles of dog crap in my front yard, from a big dog. One summer evening a couple with a big rottweiler walk by. Dog stops, takes a dump, they keep walking. I said 'Scuse me. The woman looks up and says "Oh we forgot a bag, we'll come back an clean it up." And they kept walking. I went in, got a plastic grocery bag, scooped it up and ran down the street. When I caught up I said "Here, just in case you forget, like you did all the other times. By the way, this was your get out of jail free card. Don't do it again." That was the last time it happened.

19. Jan 14, 2019 at 3:00 PM
    URBIKESUCKS

URBIKESUCKS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Prescott AZ
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD OR
    shoot the sob and bring body up to Murder mountain in the emerald triangle all kids of weed growers and people missing all the time.

The Smith, wilcam47 and Gunshot-6A like this.
  20. Jan 14, 2019 at 3:17 PM
    jwctaco

jwctaco Victim of a well spent youth

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    SW Michigan
    Vehicle:
    23’ T4R, Alice, the fishing car
    I got a new neighbor a few years ago. He got a new handgun. He mowed his lawn in a wife beater shirt and gym shorts, with a belt and holster. He did this for most of the summer. I’m a second amendment type of guy, but come on Goobber, look in the mirror.

Products Discussed in

To Top