1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

i was involved in an accident

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacomaparty, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Feb 7, 2010 at 6:19 PM
    tacomaparty

tacomaparty [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Feb 7, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    I hate it when people say stuff like this...I can't go to sleep for laughing so hard. It helps to have a sense of humor in this world....:yay::jerkoff::thumbsup:

3. Feb 7, 2010 at 6:24 PM
    tacomaparty

Member:
    and i'm using this website to find local junkyards that has a parts inventory list
    http://www.car-part.com/

now i just need to call them.

4. Feb 7, 2010 at 6:42 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    glad your ok bud... might want to get sliders too.... screw up there car as well... but im glad your ok boss....

5. Feb 7, 2010 at 6:48 PM
    bboynowee

bboynowee Well-Known Member

Member:
    Riverside
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD 4x4 Tacoma OR, 18 4Runner TRD, 18 TRD 4Runner
    Stage 4 Icon, Icon Rebound Wheels, DeMello Hybrid Sliders, Prinsu roof rack
    Sucks man...but at least it wasn't worse...

6. Feb 7, 2010 at 6:50 PM
    beetlejuice2275

beetlejuice2275 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Reximus
    Queens, NY
    Vehicle:
    Drift inspired 08 Reg Cab
    custom ram air. blacked badges, hids, rewired front turn signals and park lights, URD short shifter, Pioneer t-screen (no nav), 10" 1200 watt.
    lpunch that fucker in the face!

7. Feb 7, 2010 at 7:27 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Repairable, my guess of cost is around $5500.00. MHO is if you find a good shop your truck will be good as new. Damage is low on the truck, I don’t think you will have a wind noise or water leaking problems. Also, the damage is in a spot where they won’t paint the entire truck to try to get it to match. Do not I repeat do not let them paint anything other than the door and the access cab portion of the cab the sill and rocker panel. I have seen more cars and trucks totaled by the body shop painting everything in sight to try and match their horrible matching job. If you can, go with the shop the insurance recommends, that will be the shop with the fewest complaints from customers. The finest work I have personally had done was at Caliber Collision Center. I used them after a number of problems with all four Ford dealers in my area. This is the Shop AAA recommended. It’s is a long and painful story but I told the shop manager I wanted to come by at least once a week to check the progress and she was fine with it. Glad to hear you are OK, was the Camry driver OK also? I have a good feeling that your truck will be good as new.

8. Feb 7, 2010 at 8:22 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I thought it was kinda funny. :D

And to the OP, sorry about the accident, I hope everything gets taken care of quickly.

9. Feb 19, 2010 at 4:03 PM
    tacomaparty

Member:
    i just found out the other party (a)canceled his insurance after collision occurred or (b)gave false insurance information to the police and myself.

now i am fucked, my uninsured property damage will only pay out $3500. my own fault for being frugal about uninsured property damage. damn i am angry.

i don't know whats going to happen next, might just have to take my car to whichever body shop my insurance chooses. i really wanted to take my car elsewhere because i am not satisfied with the body shop i had my car inspected at. hopefully my insurance can make a deal with said body shop i intended on taking my car to, i know the shop i wanted to take my car to "hi-tech collision" does deal with my insurance.

will my insurance go up??? it's pretty clear the other party is at fault now, i mean before i knew he was at fault but since he's dodging phone calls my insurance should know i'm not at fault.

10. Feb 19, 2010 at 4:20 PM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, V6, Manual Transmission, 4x4
    Damn:frusty: People without insurance should be jailed, and license suspended (not that a suspended license would stop people like that from driving). If he canceled it AFTER the collision, his insurance should still cover it. If his insurance won't cover it, are there options to sue him personally? Not that there's a big chance of ever getting the money if you succeed.

11. Feb 19, 2010 at 4:32 PM
    tacomaparty

Member:
    right now he is dodging my lawyers phone calls so for now it's just a waiting game. my lawyer has sent out an inquiry to the DMV to see if he has insurance, ever had insurance, when he canceled his insurance. but right now the information he gave up has turned up invalid. i will find out when the DMV responds.

very frustrating, if i have to sue him i will. my blood boils thinking what i want to do to this fella. apparently he went to school with some of my friends. i hear he is a junkie who spends all his money on smoking bud. at least i know he's working.

12. Feb 19, 2010 at 4:37 PM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    That licks. If you end up having to sue him, be sure to sue for damage AND lawyer fees.... though I'm sure you've thought of every issue by now.

13. Feb 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    That's a good point.... If he stole or borrowed the car, then the owners insurance should cover it (again, if it's insured)

14. Feb 19, 2010 at 4:40 PM
    ksj

ksj Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cavalry Blue TRD Pro
    265/70-17 KO2
    I'd ask my insurance company to contact the other guys company and get the specifics about when the insurance was cancelled. It doesn't matter if he cancelled after the accident, the insurance company will have to pay if it was in effect at the time of the accident.

If you find he lied about having insurance and/or provided false information to the cops, then you need to make sure they know about it. Providing false information to a police officer is a crime that will probably get him arrested.

Sorry you have to go through this...

15. Feb 19, 2010 at 4:41 PM
    timbo805

timbo805 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SanDiego
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma trd sport pre-runner
    naww i don't think so maybe some dry ice tho :D

16. Feb 19, 2010 at 4:41 PM
    Max-4_Yota

Max-4_Yota The Welfare Cadilac

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    3rd gen Tacoma
    Chicken lights, chrome and smoke tunes.
  17. Feb 19, 2010 at 4:46 PM
    Way2muchtime

Way2muchtime Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    99' 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 / 08 Toyota Matrix XRS
    A lawyer really? I hate it when people say this. Damage isnt that bad. A drivers door, access door skin or complete door and a rocker. People wonder why insurance premiums are so high...

I used to be an adjuster and I know first hand how the game works. It was a good occupation, but I couldnt deal with all the lawyer and injury BS so I got out of it, too bad. Not trying to be a dick, just one of those days.

"The First Thing We Do, Let's Kill All the Lawyers"
    Shakespeare's Tribute to Trial Lawyers

18. Feb 19, 2010 at 4:49 PM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    insurance is a rackett. someone hit my daughters camry and since she already a little damage on the other side of the bumper they only paid half of a total repair bill even though the previous damage was very minimal and hardly noticeable and the damage the driver did to her really blasted the durn thing.

19. Feb 19, 2010 at 4:51 PM
    oofy15354

oofy15354 Proud Tundra *****

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Massachusetts
    Herculiner, Access Tonneau, Uniden cb, firestik antennae, Bosch Wipers, JVC Ipod headunit, Boston Acoustic Speakers
    my friends jeep was hit in about the same way, just by a ranger so the damage went up a bit more. id guess close to $6,000 just for the time it will take to fix everything

if the other driver did in fact have insurance at the time of the accident, it better fucking pay for it.
    If you get any info on the guy, such as an address, im sure we can rally a tacoma mob to burn his house down or some shit :D

20. Feb 19, 2010 at 4:53 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    i'm on the fence about the lawyer. sucks the shit-stain is uninsured. SUCKS! do not take matters into your own hands. wont help at all. your insurance should be working for you also. let them handle it first. they would rather the other company pay.

Products Discussed in

To Top