1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ichiro traded to Yankees....

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Forster46, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Jul 23, 2012 at 8:03 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 [OP] Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    For those from WA and NY, discuss.

Or anyone else who cares

2. Jul 23, 2012 at 8:08 PM
    toyotatacomaTRD

toyotatacomaTRD Senior Member

Member:
    I am a lifelong Mariner fan. It is tough to see him in a Yankee uniform, but to be honest, I don't care. He is at or near the end of his career. He has always been a class act and I wish him well. He has potential to get a ring. We are rebuilding, have been for a while and may be for a lot longer. I am just glad it wasn't Felix!

3. Jul 23, 2012 at 8:13 PM
    toyotatacomaTRD

toyotatacomaTRD Senior Member

Member:
    Oh, and maybe he can show A-Rod how to play the game the right way (you know, without cheating);)

4. Jul 23, 2012 at 8:13 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    Good riddance?

Ok, to strong I guess. I never fell in love with Ichiro. I appreciated the way he hit but I don't think he was a good team mate, he wasn't a leader and had no interest in the community. I also think he is greatly over rated. His OBP is garbage, always been subpar for a guy batting .300+.

I do love his defense and his arm, amazing stuff and he plays hard.

All in all, good player but nowhere near a Griffey, Martinez, Buhner or Johnson. I'd even put Wilson and a few others up there ahead of him for top list of mariner greats. He would start on the team tho, LF. Not RF, that's Buhners.

Edit: Plus he was a 38? 39? year old guy eating a roster spot on a go nowhere team. It will be really nice to see more of the young guys ...

5. Jul 23, 2012 at 8:24 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 [OP] Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    In a press conference this morning they mentioned that the yankee approached them awhile back interested in having him. Now that the mariners are rebuilding the team and its mostly younger guys, ichiro decided that it would be best if he left to a different team. They thought it wasn;'t fair that he be stuck on one team for his whole career and they believe he will make the hall of fame as a Yankee.

As for the antisocial-ness attitude, he has been in seattle for 12 years I believe, and he still doesn't know any english. They had a interpreteur at the press conference to speak for him, so I don't have anything against him as far as connecting with the team or community.

6. Jul 23, 2012 at 8:24 PM
    Old No.7

Old No.7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Pro
    I wish him luck, I wasn't huge Ichiro fan but I have more good memories of him than bad one's. But it was time for him/us to move on.

7. Jul 23, 2012 at 8:50 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    He speaks English fine. It's not perfect, but he can speak it. Just watch him on the base paths chatting with 1st baseman. He's very proud and is afraid of saying something silly in english so he does press conferences etc. in Japanese.

He'll make the hall regardless, he's already in. He'll go in as a Mariner, no debate about that.

8. Jul 23, 2012 at 9:02 PM
    Mitch

Mitch Somebody call for a Wambulance?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    Lights, Siren, Drugs, Needles, Electricity
    Should have done it 3 years ago when he was actually worth something. 2 unproven 25 year old pitchers that are playing AAA and cash.....what a trade

Products Discussed in

To Top