1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ICON Lift Results

Discussion in 'ICON Vehicle Dynamics' started by Ndrorder, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Nov 10, 2016 at 9:22 PM
    EDDO

EDDO                         

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    19 TUNDRA
    It is the new TW diet plan. More mods, less food. :eek:

2. Nov 10, 2016 at 10:12 PM
    Speed Freek

Speed Freek Tacoma Whisperer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vista, Ca, Lake Havasu, Az.
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    LS1-T56 swap, Z06 ported heads, cam, Titanium valves, Kevlar clutch. Now building a forged stroker (383) and all the ponies! Old setup was rod-knockin on heaven's door...
    Worst case scenario we can also pull an overload spring from the leaf packs if it is too rough. Looks pretty level with a tad of rake which looks good IMO.

EDDO likes this.
  3. Nov 10, 2016 at 10:15 PM
    THEPYRITETACO

THEPYRITETACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Let me tear through the desert this weekend and then decide.
    :burnrubber:

EDDO and Speed Freek[QUOTED] like this.
  4. Nov 10, 2016 at 10:17 PM
    Speed Freek

Speed Freek Tacoma Whisperer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vista, Ca, Lake Havasu, Az.
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    LS1-T56 swap, Z06 ported heads, cam, Titanium valves, Kevlar clutch. Now building a forged stroker (383) and all the ponies! Old setup was rod-knockin on heaven's door...
    Haha. thats a good way to determine..

5. Feb 25, 2018 at 10:46 PM
    TacoBe11

TacoBe11 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Hayward, California
    Vehicle:
    17 TacO TRD off road
    Recently bought the Icon stage 4 for my 3rd gen tacoma trd off road. After the install the hub to fender height is only 22 inches in the front and 22.5 inches in the back. I have 33in wheels, now it rubs when I turn.

Before the Icon set I had a two inch spacer lift the wheels fitted perfectly but most importantly, the 2inch lift off of the stock suspension really helps in clearing some of the higher obstacles. Plus it looked really rad.

I’m pretty disappointed that I spend so much money, cut up my stock leaf springs, drilled into my frame for a shorter ride height..

I can adjust the front a little but with .5 inches to work with it’s gonna be a pain trying to keep the truck from looking like a stupid monster truck, with the front sitting higher than the rear. Its scary to think what it’d look like when I add a rack and gear in the back.

I understand the bigger wheels has a lot to do with the hub to fender height but Icon really thinks that people would put their kit with stock wheels??

Anyway, I guess it’s my fault for not doing enough research before buying a super expensive kit with close to stock ride height.. Stay away from Icon if you are looking for quality performance AND taller stance.

By the way - You would think they’d throw in the spanner wrench for adjusting ride height when you spend over $3000 on a complete ADJUSTABLE kit... Naa they’d rather you gave them another $30 for it.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  6. Feb 26, 2018 at 4:25 AM
    ThomasMore66

ThomasMore66 We can't stop here, this is bat country!

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth & Durango
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2013 TRD Offroad 4wd
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    Old thread resurrection! I think everyone else in this thread is in a 2nd gen. I still love my Stage 4. I wish I had gotten the stage 6 with the cdc, but I didn’t even know it existed when I got my lift.

7. Feb 26, 2018 at 7:52 AM
    TacoBe11

TacoBe11 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Hayward, California
    Vehicle:
    17 TacO TRD off road
    I realized that after I posted the reply. Just wanted to express my frustration. Posted on the first thread I saw from search.

Fifthwind likes this.
  8. Feb 26, 2018 at 8:40 AM
    EDDO

EDDO                         

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    19 TUNDRA
    Upgrade the front springs to these: (QTY-2)
    And put a set of these in the rear: You are correct about the add-a-leafs. Stopgap measure at best.
    And don't dial in more than the recommended amount of preload listed in the installation instructions. Spring bind can result and that won't end well.

TacoBe11 and Fifthwind like this.
  9. Feb 27, 2018 at 6:29 PM
    Fifthwind

Fifthwind Master of None

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Vehicle:
    Scully
    Barcelona Red 09 DCOR- Icon 2.5" ECOs w/CDC - 14" 700lb, ICON 2.0 RR Ext rears, AP EXPO pack, Diff Wedge, Diff and Skid Drop, Discoverer S/T 255/85/16, Ride-Rite Bags w/ Daystars, ARB Bull/winch Bumper, Warn 8k, ARB CMK12, Budbuilt skids, BAMF bolt on sliders BAMF diff diaper, bedlights, hoodlights, BAMF CB, etc.
    I too would be frustrated if I had dropped that much coin to end up disappointed. This is a great time of year to sell off your suspension, especially since is nearly new. You may take a small loss, but end up with a better solution in the end.
    I have the 700lb springs, 14 inches long, that works well for me, and I sit at 3 inches with my second gen. Perhaps just changing the springs will solve your issue, and then you can just sell the springs.

TacoBe11[QUOTED] and EDDO like this.
  10. Feb 28, 2018 at 10:02 AM
    TacoBe11

TacoBe11 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Hayward, California
    Vehicle:
    17 TacO TRD off road
    What I'm really upset about was the fact that the 1.5" (according to Icon sales rep) none adjustable lift in the rear was not posted in the product description on the website. Even the sales guy was saying that part was not posted. I would have gone with a different brand if I had known! The name and the lack of description about the rear is very misleading. I might end up having to spend another $400 and replace the rear leaf springs like Eric suggested.

BTW, ever wonder why there's no reviews under any of the product on their website? It because you can't. I tried to put a review, but the website just keep saying that all the fields are incorrect.

11. Feb 28, 2018 at 11:22 AM
    Fifthwind

Fifthwind Master of None

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Vehicle:
    Scully
    Barcelona Red 09 DCOR- Icon 2.5" ECOs w/CDC - 14" 700lb, ICON 2.0 RR Ext rears, AP EXPO pack, Diff Wedge, Diff and Skid Drop, Discoverer S/T 255/85/16, Ride-Rite Bags w/ Daystars, ARB Bull/winch Bumper, Warn 8k, ARB CMK12, Budbuilt skids, BAMF bolt on sliders BAMF diff diaper, bedlights, hoodlights, BAMF CB, etc.
    Replacing the rear springs is highly dependant on your use.
    I have the All Pro Expos, but All Pro has recently self destructed on this site. If I had to choose now, probably Deavers. I off road on Rocky trails and also haul heavy loads, so I also have Firestone ride-rite airbags. I had Add a leaf in the past, but it did not work well climbing rocks. If not for the rocks, probably would have stuck with the AAL, as they are easier to adjust for height. It does look better to be high on the rear in my opinion.

12. Feb 28, 2018 at 2:55 PM
    ThomasMore66

ThomasMore66 We can't stop here, this is bat country!

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth & Durango
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2013 TRD Offroad 4wd
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    This was my first lift and I had it installed at Toyota of Dallas - largest TRD store in the nation. Anyway, I went with Dakar rear springs and the rest of the Icon stage 4 based on their recommendation. With the exception of squeaking Dakars, it's been really good. The Dakar squeaking thing is the subject of another really long thread and when I'm in the cab I don't notice it.

TacoBe11 and EDDO like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top