1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

icon question???

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jr114, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Oct 14, 2010 at 11:43 AM
    virgilus11

virgilus11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    TRD supercharger,EMU 884 springs, 90000 shocks, air bags rear and TSB with EMU shocks, grillcraft mesh, Relentless front bumper,Armology rear bumper, byxenon hid's retro ,undercover lid with bike rack on top, Kenwood dnx9140,TRD cover seats
    Thank's

2. Oct 18, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    OK, to revive this thread...

I have Icon remote resi-rear shocks that are going on soon. These things come with some rubber bushings and golden colored shims that are meant to be mounted on the top of the shock below the threads for the shock top-nut.

What order and facing what direction are these things supposed to go on? I can see several permutations.

3. Oct 18, 2010 at 9:45 PM
    chad68

chad68 Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap

On the very bottom you will have one metal shim thing facing cupped side up (towards the bed), so it craddles the bushing. On top of that, a rubber bushing, with the small lip/ridge facing up. When you assemble the shock into the bucket/frame make sure that ridge goes into the bucket hole.

Then on the other end (top side of the bucket) you have the rubber lip/ridge facing down so the two bushing ridges face each other. Make sure this lip goes into the hole too. Those ridges are what isolate the shock rod from touching the bucket. Then the top cap is convex side up/cup facing down.

I used a 5/16" titanium bit for the self taping resi bracket screws and it worked great.

I don't know what the hell it's called, so I called it a bucket LOL

4. Oct 19, 2010 at 4:30 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Makes perfect sense actually. Appreciate it. I think "Upper shock mount", "top mount", or "frame mount" is what you're looking for.

Products Discussed in

To Top