1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Icon Resi's + Dakar leaf springs...WHOS GOT EM?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO, May 29, 2011.

1. May 29, 2011 at 1:43 AM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO [OP] DUDE MAN BRO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD-Off Road TACO Extra value package
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    Whats up guys, I have my icon extended travel resi coil overs and rear shocks waiting for me until I get back from deployment. I have read that these shocks with the dakar springs are a good combo and have a couple questions:

what are your c/o's set at to make it even with the rear?

also if you have the added weight of a front bumper and sliders, cargo racks/tire carriers in the bed, etc...

thanks for the help in advance!

2. May 29, 2011 at 9:01 PM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    BUMP?? I know you guys are out there!

3. May 29, 2011 at 9:07 PM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    you are gonna want to get both front and rear alignD.

4. May 29, 2011 at 9:21 PM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    ^^cool thanks for the heads up!

5. May 30, 2011 at 3:30 AM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    cool thanks a lot man! hows the ride?

6. May 30, 2011 at 3:43 PM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    I just purchased the exact same setup, all i am waiting for is the Icon Res shocks to come back in stock.

7. May 30, 2011 at 4:28 PM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    awesome! thanks for the input. BTW there aren't too many speedway blue tacos out there that I like but yours looks Bad Ass with the color matched bead lock.

8. May 30, 2011 at 5:49 PM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    sweet! well it just turns out that my dad got me a brand new drill and bit set for christmas just before I left to the desert. Sounds like this will be the perfect opportunity to put it to use!

9. May 31, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    HB Taco

HB Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 F150 FX4 S Crew 3.5 TT
    Like that setup

10. Aug 23, 2015 at 8:57 AM
    urban

urban Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois/Michigan
    Vehicle:
    12 DCLB sport OME lift
    305/65r17's on 17x9.5 Rotiforms Cab mount chop 4.10 gears Detroit true track OME 885's Dakars Camburg UCA's Undercover SE Weathertech liners and visors Black headlight mod Debadged Rock Blokz mudflapps (oversized)
    It seems to me that this setup would be pretty limited in down travel? Their only like .3" longer than the OME 60091 shock which, in my opinion, significantly limit down travel. Does Icon make a special rear shock for this spring?

Edit:
    I called Icon and they said they can build you any length you want! you can just contact them through an authorized dealer and give them the measurements.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015

Products Discussed in

To Top