1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Icon stage 1 lift and aal

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Theegood, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Mar 18, 2017 at 4:52 PM
    Theegood

Theegood [OP] Member

Member:
    Stock
    Dear Tacoma world,

Just finished my first ever lift install today with the very much appreciated help of you guys. It's an icon stage 1 lift with light racing uca and icon aal. Most went well except for a stripped bolt. Alot of you more seasoned mechanics/diys would of taken a considerably less time than I at 16 hours. Alot of rererereading and rechecking torqs.

Got a couple questions though. So drove it home and all felt right and tight. Took a look and saw my leaf springs and it looks not completely flat but was a little concerned I did something wrong.
    1. Is it supposed to rest that low? I forgot how the stock ones looked so I couldn't quickly judge myself.
    IMG_20170318_160034.jpg
    IMG_20170318_160022.jpg
    IMG_20170318_155956.jpg

2. So I left the front coilovers at factory settings. It sits 1/2in lower than the rear. I might let the shop do it for me but I figure I installed it myself I should learn to adjust em. Any info on how much turns to get 1/2in in the front or is it just lift up and down the front and trial and error with the spanner wrench?
    IMG_20170318_160114.jpg

Much Mahalos to members of Tacoma world. Spent almost $200 in renting a stall and tools at a military diy shop but you all saved me much more than taking it into a shop and the experience/knowledge.

Jay619 likes this.
  2. Mar 19, 2017 at 3:20 PM
    Theegood

Theegood [OP] Member

Member:
    Stock
  3. Mar 20, 2017 at 8:27 AM
    REDdawn6

REDdawn6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Redlands CA.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Looks great man. Don't worry about adjusting the front.. Easy. Jack up the front, spray some Wd40 on threads, unless do lock Allen bock, turn clock wise, count rotation.. I just did this yesterday, turned 6turns each. I have ext. Ones thought. Check your makeup pre load, (amount of threads visible) 4 turns is 1/2". Re tighten the locking bolt. Be careful. Not too tight in that

Theegood[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top