1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Icon Stage 5 Uniball concern

Discussion in 'ICON Vehicle Dynamics' started by LAoffroadin, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Aug 17, 2016 at 7:44 AM
    LAoffroadin

LAoffroadin [OP] BURY ME WITH MY TACO!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc
    Hello there!

I'll just start by saying I am absolutely 100% impressed with this stage 5 kit, best riding kit I've owned. And I've owned many others (king,Fox, Walker Evans, Bilstein, and OME) Either way. Thanks

My concern is with the Uniball play. While getting my alignment done, the tech realized that the Uniballs had play in them. Upon further investigation, we found that the UCA main bolt had come slightly loose for whatever reason, so we tightened it up. There was little to no play after that but. I'm concerned that this may allow for extra wear and tear What is your opinion of this? Is it common?

Joshua

ChadsPride likes this.
  2. Aug 17, 2016 at 7:48 AM
    madsand

madsand wanderer

Member:
    First Name:
    sandz
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DBLCB LB sports 4x4 SC
    Icon 2.5" Remote Reservoir Extended Travel CDCV Icon tubular UCA Icon add a leaf Method NV wheels Nitto trail grappler MT 285/70/17 Weather Tech floor mat All Pro rock slider
    Those UCA are amazing! Just check bolt each time you align them. Those bolt are there in order for you to adjust them to factory spec not unlike the tubular one.

ChadsPride likes this.
  3. Aug 17, 2016 at 7:59 AM
    LAoffroadin

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc
    Thanks for input! We did in fact check the Uniball nut and it was tight as ever.

ChadsPride likes this.
  4. Aug 17, 2016 at 9:03 AM
    arkywally

arkywally Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB TRDOR
    ICON Stage4 285/70/17 Cooper STT Pro Method NV
    When installed did you use red lock on the uniball top bolt? That would have kept it from loosening up one iota.....If you had an someone else do the install they most likely did not add the red thread lock and torque to spec.

Same thing on the UCA though bolt except blue thread lock and you will likely not have any issues.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    ChadsPride likes this.
  5. Aug 18, 2016 at 4:43 PM
    LAoffroadin

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4

Psshhh. I work on my own rig, haha and yessir I put thread locker

ChadsPride likes this.
  6. Aug 18, 2016 at 4:55 PM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    You got a build thread?

7. Aug 18, 2016 at 5:12 PM
    LAoffroadin

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    I don't I'm such a horrible person!

ChadsPride[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Aug 18, 2016 at 5:28 PM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    Lol, wouldn't go that far!

Products Discussed in

To Top