1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Idaho BS thread in the PNW

Discussion in 'North West' started by Jensonbt, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Jun 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM
    PcBuilder14

PcBuilder14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    Look at James 2:1-13

1 My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. 2 For if a man wearing a gold ring and fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in, 3 and if you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, “You sit here in a good place,” while you say to the poor man, “You stand over there,” or, “Sit down at my feet,” 4 have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts? 5 Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him? 6 But you have dishonored the poor man. Are not the rich the ones who oppress you, and the ones who drag you into court? 7 Are they not the ones who blaspheme the honorable name by which you were called?

8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well. 9 But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it. 11 For he who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak and so act as those who are to be judged under the law of liberty. 13 For judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

I kind of agree. My girlfriend and I have talked about it as well. I've just ultimately decided that it's her day and she gets to do what she wants. All I have to do is show up haha

2. Jun 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    The entire day is all about the bride. Rule #1 on that day is do not piss off the bride.

3. Jun 27, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    PcBuilder14

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    I agree with you 100%.

My GF isn't wanting to go overboard, but when it comes to decoration and things like that I'm letting her do it all. Just easier on me honestly. :D

4. Jun 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    It is in the Brides DNA. Go with the flow.

Smart man. Believe me it is a small price to pay for her happiness.

Just remember Happy wife happy life. Pick your battles and only pick one you can win. Fighting over money is just plain stupid.

It is easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission. :D

5. Jun 27, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    If I understand your situation you just got out of a long term relationship that was going downhill fast. Thank your lucky stars you did not get married.

I would go out and buy a lotto ticket, you might still have some luck left. ;)

In all seriousness it sucks for sure.

As my friend Cathy would say, but for the opposite gender, Women are like trolleys there will be another one along in 10 minutes.

6. Jun 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    BradyT88

BradyT88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nope. Should be that way. Candice and I didn't even want to do a wedding, but having fairly religious relatives on both sides of the family made that a bad idea... so we did a small wedding.

7. Jun 27, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    My wife and I had a small wedding as well. :cool:

Never underestimate the importance of the Maid of Honor. A good one will take a lot of stress off the bride by putting out fires as they happen leading up to the wedding and on the wedding day.

8. Jun 27, 2013 at 3:29 PM
    BradyT88

Member:
    Yep! That was handy for sure!

9. Jun 27, 2013 at 3:32 PM
    BradyT88

Member:
    Sucks man...

I didn't care about what they thought. haha. Candice did though...

10. Jun 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    farmerjon

farmerjon Hailing from the land of bucking broncos...

Member:
    First Name:
    farmerjon
    Rugged Rockies
    Vehicle:
    '98 4Runner SR5, 4WD, V6, 3.4L.
    ARB, sleeping platform, Husky liners.
    WIN bro! I'm a brother from another mother :cool: James is one of my favorite books.

11. Jun 27, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    woodygg

woodygg Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4
    nope. it's about both... i think it's more that many guys don't care a lot about the ceremony, and would be just as happy going to the courthouse. but since it's important to her, it's important to me, but i'd have been just as happy either way.

12. Jun 27, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    MapleMoose

MapleMoose Drunk Canadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    3" Eibach Coils, 3" AP Springs, AP 6" Shackles Toytec Diff drop, BAMF Sliders, Deck plate mod,Volt meter, Highbeam mod, PIAA fogs, 18" Magnaflow, LED dash swap, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Custom Rear Plate Bumper
    Right there with ya bud. I was with my ex for 5 years out of highschool. Took me 3-4 months to finally get over it. Still love her and dont think that will ever change. Coming up on 1 year since shes spoken to me...

13. Jun 27, 2013 at 3:39 PM
    farmerjon

Member:
    First Name:
    farmerjon
    Rugged Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Sorry to hear, relationships are tough. To be honest, I'm in this debate with myself right now, as to whether or not I would like to get married - on one hand, it's easier to stay single - more $, easier to do stuff, less planning, etc, and I have too many faults... On the other hand, I'd like to find someone. But it's hard.

Personally, it is the couple's choice regarding what they want to do. I'd respect that, from my viewpoint.

14. Jun 27, 2013 at 3:57 PM
    BradyT88

Member:
    Holy shit! How many people stalk this thread?! haha They are coming out of the woodworks!

15. Jun 27, 2013 at 4:05 PM
    farmerjon

Member:
    First Name:
    farmerjon
    Rugged Rockies
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm usually here.

16. Jun 27, 2013 at 4:17 PM
    PcBuilder14

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Well it looks like I'm getting another 3 day weekend... :D

17. Jun 27, 2013 at 4:45 PM
    mizzac

mizzac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mac
    Montana/CO
    Vehicle:
    Yota-less
    Stickers
    Saw the most bro'ed out tacoma down here today. Like worse than the hawaian ones you see Kona. Wish I had snapped a pic, ill try tomorrow if he parks in the same lot.

18. Jun 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    BradyT88

Member:
    Wasn't talking about you but the 3 people that showed up just today. haha. Although PCBuilder pops in here from time to time.

19. Jun 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM
    BradyT88

Member:
    How's the weather where you guys are?

20. Jun 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM
    PcBuilder14

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    I'm usually a lurker because I don't have time to get into conversations lately haha

Products Discussed in

To Top