1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Idaho BS thread in the PNW

Discussion in 'North West' started by Jensonbt, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Jul 2, 2013 at 6:14 AM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    Oh don't worry, I'm not. I'm sure Andy gas wheeled his Subaru out back harder than your truck, and drove in more snow without getting stuck.:p

<3

2. Jul 2, 2013 at 6:32 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    Haha what's the problem with under body damage? You can't see it so who cares lol? You seen mine? Smashed factory front skid, banged up gas tank skid, slight candy cane drive shaft. It still works perfectly fine. The underside can take a good bit of abuse. Most of the time you are just banging metal on rock, that's what it's there for. Some abuse and some good hits will put a smile on your face after a while once you get used to it!
    Like we said, and this goes for any off roading you do. It's never a bad idea to ask for a spot. Just to have someone hop out and guide you over something or be a second set of eyes for your underside or the pass side where you can see. All you gotta do is ask, but if you don't ask nobody will know you need a second set of eyes.

Also, don't feel bad about all this pressure we are putting on you to go. I had my truck for 4 months, never really been wheeling in my life, and these goons try to convince me to go to Moab for the first time with em. I told them nope, not gonna happen. My truck is to new, maybe next year. I was adamant on not going for at least a month. Then SOME how they bugged me enough I actually agreed to take my inexperienced ass in my brand new baby truck down to moab with a buncha random guys on the Internet. And dam, had the time of my life. So ya, this thread has played the annoying peer pressure game on multiple occasions!

3. Jul 2, 2013 at 6:57 AM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    Bumper can wait. Plus you'll get to see the real advantage t having one after not..or change your Ming and get sliders or rear bumper first.

This trip want likely happen again. Bumpers are always there :cool:

:laugh:

Classic haha

4. Jul 2, 2013 at 7:17 AM
    farmerjon

farmerjon Hailing from the land of bucking broncos...

Member:
    First Name:
    farmerjon
    Rugged Rockies
    Vehicle:
    '98 4Runner SR5, 4WD, V6, 3.4L.
    ARB, sleeping platform, Husky liners.
    I see myself as pretty experienced, but only in some situations. Not in mud holes or deep rivers or extreme rock crawling... What I mean is that I feel pretty comfortable in my rig, I know it pretty well. Will be interesting to see what it's like to be spotted over stuff.

5. Jul 2, 2013 at 7:39 AM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    no...getting the time to do it plus getting help has been a challenge. and i still have to figure out how and where to move the e-brake lines and wiring for the rear lights as they are mounted on the frame right where on of the brackets is at. :mad: :(

i don't think we want to know.

I'll have more pics after this weekend - going camping for 4 days. :D Going to a couple of higher elevation areas - all above 8500' - to see if I can't escape the heat and my allergies.

I've talked to one of our local guys - C2T here - as he ran the Morrison in both directions a couple years ago. He assures me that I'll make it through and he knows where my comfort level is at. That's assuming the trail hasn't deteriorated horribly since. I do wonder about goose lake though, I was hoping to have time to scout it out in the next couple of weeks.

6. Jul 2, 2013 at 7:54 AM
    cowgirlrideon

cowgirlrideon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandi
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma V6 4x4 SR5
    Brute Force front bumper, Basic camo covers interior.
    Well someone went and back out on an offer so ill just blame you if I don't show!
    (I do understand though) haha
    And yes almost worse then peer pressure in person. This Internet stuff has me starin at sweet trucks tryin to be reasonable. Haha
    Thanks guys.

To long to fully quote. But yeah I don't mind puttin some damage but i would wanna fix everything so much afterwards. Get picky on occasions.

Oh gosh. Haha true. All true....

7. Jul 2, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    BradyT88

BradyT88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    So much I could add in to all that last night but too much of a pain to do on my phone... i won't have internet until friday...

Did any of you guys catch the Oz thread yesterday? Haha

8. Jul 2, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    Poor pete

9. Jul 2, 2013 at 9:14 AM
    BradyT88

BradyT88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oh yeah. Forgot about the black me. That's pretty crazy! Haha. I imagine if he took the sunglasses off the resemblance would disappear but if we both had sunglasses on we could be twins!

10. Jul 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    may i ask what is the whole theme behind pirates of Caribbean and cpt sparrow? ^

11. Jul 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    Ben likes it in the booty

Arrrrrr'

12. Jul 2, 2013 at 10:16 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
  13. Jul 2, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    the bane of my project last time...turned out well for the first round

[​IMG]

This is why we don't spend 10 minutes making our joints look pretty, because then you find out the tube is too short, and you have to add on a measly half an inch
    [​IMG]

At least I got the shitty flux core welder dialed in
    [​IMG]

14. Jul 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    I feel like i have seen this somewhere .....hmmmm

15. Jul 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
  16. Jul 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM
    smkd13

smkd13 Professional Idiot

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Provo, UT
    Vehicle:
    19 DCSB OR
    Stock… for now
    What kinda welder are you using btw?

17. Jul 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM
    smkd13

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Provo, UT
    Vehicle:
    19 DCSB OR
    Stock… for now
    Ha ha just don't be like me. "Oh yeah I got this. Pssh, factory bumper whatever!" Broke the pinch welds, zip tied it on, two weeks later bolted it back together

18. Jul 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    smkd13

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Provo, UT
    Vehicle:
    19 DCSB OR
    Stock… for now
    Omg Brady!!! Lol

19. Jul 2, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    oh shut up, it looks much better ground down flush
    a 90a chicago electric with flux core...:cool:
    HAHA thats what im sayin!

20. Jul 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM
    rctoy

rctoy It's about to get real!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    konstantenos
    Pocatello Idaho
    Vehicle:
    First gen 4door monster in progress
    TRD super charger, URD fuel mods and 2.1 super grip pully, Headers, 2.5" glass pack, Dana 60 front 4 linked, 14bolt rears on chev 63's, 5.38 gears, ARB locker in the front, PSC full hydraulic steering, 18" SAW 2.5" triple rate coils overs, FOA 2.5 air bumps, B&M launch controls, B&M trans cooler, 4 alpine 6X8 type R's amped, Red led rock lights, CBI front and rear bumpers (my design) CBI sliders, 4 riggid dualys front 2 in the rear, custom track bar, ARB snorkle, warn VR8000 winch, Viair 480c twin compressers..
    well boys my rear locker is more than done so im rocking a welded spider rear end till i can afford to buy an arb and a nother set of gears then ill use the welded third as a spare for moab incase i blow up another set of gears..

Products Discussed in

To Top