1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Idaho Campfire BS thread in the PNW

Discussion in 'North West' started by m3bassman, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Apr 5, 2014 at 2:32 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    96.5 FrankenTaco & 03 Stock dbl cab
    BFG KM2 33x12.5 tires, Wheelers Type B rims, Allpro 1.5'' Wheel spacers w/extended thread lug nuts 2 Alpine 10'' Type Xs 2 Kicker 6X9s 4 Sony 5 1/4s Pioneer 4100 HU Sway bar removed 4 Hella 500 HIDs Frankenstein Leaf packs 1'' lift shackles Eibach coils 5100s front 10'' 5150s rear BAMF BPV bracket Deckplate mod Elite Front bumper Magnaflow 14'' muffler Elite Off Road Rear bumper with Tire gate with jerry can and fold down table, BAMF sliders, Custom Homemade Bed, rack/roof rack, CVT Mt. Shasta Roof Top Tent, 20lb CO2 tank, BAMF diff skid custom front skid, GM CS144 140 amp alternator Blitzpro 21s HAWK side LEDs Blitzpro Custom made side mirror lights, LightForce 240 Blitz llights, Piaa 510 ION fogs, XRC8 Winch w/in cab controls,

really? never woulda thought that..not like i have taken the thing off...and welded on it..and put it back on...which by the way was probably the hardest thing we did all week :laugh: either he has just hit one too many times or something is fubar with the frame or bumper cause it literially took us like 3 hours to get it back on hahaha

But idk..my front bumper has taken some rock rash. Mostly the very bottom or the corners. But yea.

Still doesn't seem worth it to me. It does look incredible though.

2. Apr 5, 2014 at 2:32 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    BFG KM2 33x12.5 tires, Wheelers Type B rims, Allpro 1.5'' Wheel spacers w/extended thread lug nuts 2 Alpine 10'' Type Xs 2 Kicker 6X9s 4 Sony 5 1/4s Pioneer 4100 HU Sway bar removed 4 Hella 500 HIDs Frankenstein Leaf packs 1'' lift shackles Eibach coils 5100s front 10'' 5150s rear BAMF BPV bracket Deckplate mod Elite Front bumper Magnaflow 14'' muffler Elite Off Road Rear bumper with Tire gate with jerry can and fold down table, BAMF sliders, Custom Homemade Bed, rack/roof rack, CVT Mt. Shasta Roof Top Tent, 20lb CO2 tank, BAMF diff skid custom front skid, GM CS144 140 amp alternator Blitzpro 21s HAWK side LEDs Blitzpro Custom made side mirror lights, LightForce 240 Blitz llights, Piaa 510 ION fogs, XRC8 Winch w/in cab controls,

thank god..haha

3. Apr 5, 2014 at 2:34 PM
    SconnieHailer

SconnieHailer PutterClutch

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Lander, Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road Double Cab V6 6Speed
    yea, id be dead to you guys if it weren't for that decision :(

4. Apr 5, 2014 at 2:35 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:

well lets be real...we would have never met..haha

5. Apr 5, 2014 at 2:40 PM
    SconnieHailer

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Lander, Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    I would have probably passed you on some random road and ripped my neck off watching you go by in frank :D

6. Apr 5, 2014 at 2:41 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:

:rofl:

that i can accept :D hahahahahahahaha

7. Apr 5, 2014 at 3:00 PM
    m3bassman

m3bassman [OP] Professional Web Wheeler

Member:
    First Name:
    Captain Jack Sparrow
    On the seven seas!
    oooohh really? What motor tranny is in it? hows the build quality in your eyes? and little bugs you have found with it?
    right and the fact that whether or not it is the best option, it is done to the bumper and adds value

8. Apr 5, 2014 at 3:14 PM
    BradyT88

BradyT88 Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    Rock Damage
    Skinkwerks armor and a lot of other stuff!
    Get a credit card and use it for gas and just pay it off every month. Credit is all about length of time and not amount of money.

Car loans are typically 5 to 6 years long which is really short in terms of credit history and my understanding is that they drop off your record about 2-3 years after you pay them off... I bought my Tacoma with a loan thinking the same thing about credit and found out later it isn't super helpful...

Credit cards on the other hand stay on your record forever if you keep using them and you build a life long credit history. You just have to make sure you use it and that you pay it off using the monthly bill they send you. Banks don't typically report payments made outside of the monthly bill they send you. So if you paid it at the bank in person it looks as though you don't use your card...

9. Apr 5, 2014 at 3:26 PM
    m3bassman

Member:
    First Name:
    Captain Jack Sparrow
    On the seven seas!
    times are different these days. god bless my parents as they work their asses off to get me and my bro on our feet and an education. they were able to open a credit card in his name, but they made the payments through college so he was building credit.
    then the banks all went to shit and revised their ways of doing things and since im not employed, i cannot get a card. i have a card but its a joint card between my dad and me, he pays it, but i dont get any credit history for it.

ill get one as well when i get out on my own with a job but a car loan is a good start. better than nothing.

also i think if you have to have a car loan for 5-6 years, you cannot afford the car. 2-3 years is all you should do.

i couldnt imagine making payments on something thats depreciated that much by that point.

10. Apr 5, 2014 at 3:29 PM
    Cykososhull

Cykososhull Better not bring your kids

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Coeur D' Alene
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5 TRD
    uniden cb, Grey wire, Deck plate, OME 883 coils, Dakar w/D6XL, 4X innovations sliders, tinted windows, debadged, TG low profile bumper, Piaa lights, Allied soft 8s, Bighorn 285,75,16s
    Thanks for the input. I'm curious how clean the "fab" work is. But if it is in great condition, I'm thinking 700$ isn't bad either...with the lights :p

11. Apr 5, 2014 at 3:31 PM
    m3bassman

Member:
    First Name:
    Captain Jack Sparrow
    On the seven seas!
    :thumbsup:

my badlands gonna be powder coated whenever the hell i can afford that haha it was quoted @ $125 for the bumper so i think that is equivelent to your situation in terms of value added to the bumper

12. Apr 5, 2014 at 3:32 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    if you can get it for 700 with the lights. Id say its a good deal.

13. Apr 5, 2014 at 3:33 PM
    BradyT88

BradyT88 Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    Rock Damage
    Skinkwerks armor and a lot of other stuff!
    You're average car loan is a 5 year loans. Some banks started doing 6 year loans somewhat recently. I didn't even have any say in mine. It was a 5 year loan and that was even paying half of the tacoma off with the downpayment. You can pay it off early and longer loans typically have lower interest rates so it is usually better to get a 5 year loan and just pay it off earlier rather than get a 2 or 3 year loan.

14. Apr 5, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    m3bassman

Member:
    First Name:
    Captain Jack Sparrow
    On the seven seas!
    true. that would be my plan to pay it off in 2-3 years time. i dont know much about loans ill admit, gonna have my old man help me out haha

i mentioned my plan to buy the car to build credit after school to my dad and he was at first like "great, what impracticle car is he gonna want now" and when i told him what it was, he thought i was a damn good idea. :)

15. Apr 5, 2014 at 3:38 PM
    SconnieHailer

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Lander, Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    It's a 2011 hatchback with the 1.6 i-4 (120hp) and auto trans. I'd wish for a better trans or just the manual, the auto is wierd/not always smooth. Build quality is great imo, just simple clean and tight. We've got 42k on it and she still gets 40 mpg highway in the summer and like 37 with the winter tires on in the winter. She commutes 50 miles a day so it's awesome. I'd also make sure you get the armrests in the middle haha. It really is a solid car.

here it is with the winters on :cool:
    [​IMG]

shreddn in the snow :D

[​IMG]

16. Apr 5, 2014 at 3:43 PM
    m3bassman

Member:
    First Name:
    Captain Jack Sparrow
    On the seven seas!
    Thanks Marc! I believe the ST is the same engine, only boosted. is it bad that i really want the ST because of the Recaro seats :anonymous: also the only option in the ST is the 6 speed manual so win there!

Glad to hear the good word on the quality, as the ford trucks ive driven, although a bit older, were all shit. lol

DEM BUCKETS :drool:
    [​IMG]

17. Apr 5, 2014 at 3:49 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Just out for a rip are ya bud?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Boise ID
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    A good chunk of my intermediate 2 class was on loans and leases haha. :Cookiemonster:

It was more for coorporae leases though

18. Apr 5, 2014 at 3:50 PM
    m3bassman

Member:
    First Name:
    Captain Jack Sparrow
    On the seven seas!
    my dad is a CPA and has been for 25 some odd years, im confident he can guide me through that shit haha

19. Apr 5, 2014 at 4:03 PM
    SconnieHailer

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Lander, Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Yea that cockpit is way sweeter :D and it has an armrest!

and yea, it doesn't reek of quality but nothing has broken inside or elsewhere in the 42k miles we've put on it haha. no rattles or nothing, just solid. wish i could say the same for some of the interior parts of my tacoma, but the fiesta hasn't been riddn like a rented mule offroad...

20. Apr 5, 2014 at 5:02 PM
    m3bassman

Member:
    First Name:
    Captain Jack Sparrow
    On the seven seas!
    ok cool thanks for the info. since im a year out on a big purchase like that, you should hit me up if anything major happens.

and lol thats how my trucks been driven too and i am surprised there arent any rattles or squeaks inside. dash shifts around occasionally but a firm push towards the windshield solves it lol

also either someone snagged my headphones from the computer lab before my exam or my dumbass left them somewhere yesterday. i hate when i do dumb shit like that :mad: had to buy cheap inner ear buds.

Products Discussed in this Thread

To Top