1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ideas for more/better tie-downs?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Gary659, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Jul 25, 2009 at 11:18 AM
    Gary659

Gary659 [OP] New Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 Sport
    My '09 PreRunner came (barely used) with the bedliner and tracks for inserting the almost-handy, adjustable location tiedowns. But they are all at the top of the bed (plus a couple at the back and on the bottom of the bed).

Anyone got ideas for where I can get other tie-down hooks/loops/rings that I can install half way down the side of the bed to keep things like plants in containers in place? FYI I am in San Diego area if that matters re options or providers. :cool:
    Thanks!!

2. Jul 25, 2009 at 11:20 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    first Welcome
    all of the second gens come with bedliners and tracks...
    the dealer ones are pretty nice, i dont not know about any other brands tho

3. Jul 25, 2009 at 11:24 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I think TRDParts4U.com has OEM D rings from the floor of the bed....You could get those and some large fish plates and drill thru kind of wherever you want. But be careful about the angles...I'm not sure how much weight they'll be able to hold.

You could get a bed extender or a cargo divider...Throw a bed mat in it to prevent it from sliding...

4. Jul 25, 2009 at 11:32 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD DCSB
    x2 :wave:

5. Jul 25, 2009 at 12:46 PM
    toku58

toku58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    HAWAII
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Beast!
    6" Fabtech Stage II, 17x9" Centerline Eclipse rims, with 12.5x35x17" BFG KM2's. On board air system,Toyota skid plate, spidertrax wheel spacers, TRD CAI w/AFE ProDry filter (21-90045),Flowmaster Dual exhaust, GrillCraft grill w/custom emblem, Custom Shifter, BushWacker fender flares, Hood struts, Underhood lights, TW driveshaft, Wet Okole seat covers, Dashlight mod, Many other little things to make the truck complete!
    Welcome to TW!
    You can add D-rings to the bed mounting bolts like this:
    [​IMG]

6. Jul 25, 2009 at 6:00 PM
    kanelakos

kanelakos Well-Known Member

Member:
    Binghamton, NY
    Vehicle:
    16 DC LB Sport
    That is a good idea. Thanks. I also bolted some to my anchored tool box with big 16ga fenderwashers to spread the load for a couple extra points.

7. Jul 26, 2009 at 12:32 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud There's a mod for that!

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Subaru WRX
    Bilsteins 5100's (Front & Rear), GrillCraft, Line-X'ed Skid Plate & Bumper Valence, Blacked out hood scoop, Avid Light Bar and much more.
    Hi Gary,
    W8N4MUD here. Welcome to Tacoma World. Glad you could join and be a part of this forum. Lots of good info here about everything for our trucks. Take a look at the region section for socal. We are having a tacoma meet at the end of August. Hope to see you there.

8. Jul 26, 2009 at 7:48 AM
    Edrin55

Edrin55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    San Diego, CA (Scripps Ranch)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Magnetic Gray TRD Sport Access Cab
    Avid Off Road Light Bar Line-X'd, Black Sand Pearl Hood Scoope, Truck Covers USA metal roll up bed cover, Thule Custom lockable light bar, TRD Sport Exhaust, Line-X'd TRD skid plate, Slee Off Road Sliders, Upgraded 3.5" Rearview Mirror/Monitor, Anytime Foglight Mod. (TY Jeff), Smoked Foglights, SilverStar Headlight & Foglight Bulbs, Tinted windows all around, Vent visors, Bed mat with security mod, Wet Okoles front & back, Race/Sport Pedals, Tailgate Clamps, PopNLcok 5300 Tailgate Lock, All weather mats, Helo 17x8 Hubcentric Rims & BFG All Terrain 265/70/17, Blisteins 5100's all around with mini leaf add to the rears, AFE Pro Dry drop in filter, Go Rhino Hitch Step, TRD License Plate Frames and Tire Valve Covers. GrillCraft MX Mesh upper and lower grills with "old school TOYOTA" FJ emblem, Cobra CB Radio, Firestick CB Antenna with custom mount.
  9. Jul 28, 2009 at 2:19 PM
    Gary659

Gary659 [OP] New Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 Sport
    Yep, i didn't notice that; it should be pretty easy to add a couple D rings at the right height over the wheels. thanks:)

To Top