1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ideas for turn signals?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by Boilermaker99, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Jan 5, 2012 at 5:59 AM
    Boilermaker99

Boilermaker99 [OP] 555

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Atlantic beach
    Vehicle:
    1999 SR5 TRD 4x4 3.4 V6
    ARE cap, Rhino lined bed, Custom Advantage-Max seat covers, Kenwood stereo and speakers, Debadged all emblems, blackedout grill, Off road lights, engine bay LEDs, Uniden Cb, Bedlined rockers and rims, Custom front and rear bumper, Hilo jack and mounts, Yakima load warrior, Magnaflow 14" muffler, Intake/prefilter, rebuilt frontend after accident so sort of frankensteined!!
    I have a 99 sr5 that I am putting an offload bumper on. I am trying to come up with some ideas on turn signals without having to drill and mount another bulb in the marker light. Not totally opposed to that mod but can't find a thread on it to look at.

Any other ideas or link to a threa showing above mod let me know

2. Jan 5, 2012 at 7:52 AM
    elblako91

elblako91 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Lubbock/Houston/Katy
    Vehicle:
    1992 Toyo Pickup
    weld some tabs on your offroad bumper and get some trail gear LED lights
    (scroll down a little) http://www.trail-gear.com/miscellaneous
    then just splice them in to your existing turn signal wires.

3. Jan 5, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    Boilermaker99

Boilermaker99 [OP] 555

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Atlantic beach
    Vehicle:
    1999 SR5 TRD 4x4 3.4 V6
    ARE cap, Rhino lined bed, Custom Advantage-Max seat covers, Kenwood stereo and speakers, Debadged all emblems, blackedout grill, Off road lights, engine bay LEDs, Uniden Cb, Bedlined rockers and rims, Custom front and rear bumper, Hilo jack and mounts, Yakima load warrior, Magnaflow 14" muffler, Intake/prefilter, rebuilt frontend after accident so sort of frankensteined!!
    Thanks buddy.

4. Jan 5, 2012 at 11:17 AM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
  5. Jan 5, 2012 at 11:38 AM
    Boilermaker99

Boilermaker99 [OP] 555

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Atlantic beach
    Vehicle:
    1999 SR5 TRD 4x4 3.4 V6
    Thank you for the link. Seems easy enough.

I was wondering about the rewiring of the markers to just get the parking lights to blink. Someone on that link was talking about it and I am gonna have to do more searching to find it. I would love to compare the two.

The turn signals were both trashed when my wife wrecked my truck hence the bumper I am gabbing so to do the mod with the oem signals I will have to buy a set and take them apart.

6. Jan 9, 2012 at 2:55 PM
    Boilermaker99

Boilermaker99 [OP] 555

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Atlantic beach
    Vehicle:
    1999 SR5 TRD 4x4 3.4 V6
    Anybody know where a thread/link for just rewiring the markers to blinkers is??

7. Mar 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    jkirkpatrick

jkirkpatrick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    2000, build thread soon
    Stealth sub box, total stereo overhaul, 883 OME with Nitros, Dakars, All Pro bumper, Engo 10,000lb winch w/ synthetic line, ARB rear locker, All Pro full skids, All Pro sliders, 7069 Pro Comp with 285/75/16 Duratracs, front sway bar disconnects, CBI rear bumper
    Rather than creating a new thread, I'll bump this one when an extra question.

Could I do the signal light relocation to the parking housing AND wire in some LEDs to mount on the tube bumper without messing anything up? I like the idea of doing the signal mod PLUS some LEDs on the bumper itself. I think that maybe I could just "tap" into the existing wiring???

The website I'm looking at is here: http://www.trail-gear.com/miscellaneous

8. Mar 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM
    jkirkpatrick

jkirkpatrick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    2000, build thread soon
    Stealth sub box, total stereo overhaul, 883 OME with Nitros, Dakars, All Pro bumper, Engo 10,000lb winch w/ synthetic line, ARB rear locker, All Pro full skids, All Pro sliders, 7069 Pro Comp with 285/75/16 Duratracs, front sway bar disconnects, CBI rear bumper
To Top