1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ideas on exhaust??

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by RBoyd0325, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Jan 24, 2012 at 11:51 AM
    RBoyd0325

RBoyd0325 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road 4x4 3" lift
    Looking to put some exhaust on my 2008 Tacoma. I wanted magnaflow with straight pipes out the back, but a guy at the truck shop says that magnaflow doesnt make straight pipes for that truck. Not sure if that is true of not... Im not looking for something loud, just deep and strong that will increase the horsepower a bit! What out there is good??

2. Jan 24, 2012 at 11:56 AM
    TacomaGus

TacomaGus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    magnaflow is a good bet if you just want deep and strong but not really loud. This is a vid of my kamikaze muffler, VERY deep and throaty but may be too loud for your tastes. Also welcome to TW man, and i'll tell you in a polite way to search on here or youtube for what your looking for cuz most people will recommend what they have , while others will just yell at you "search!" or "this thread has been covered a million times" haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfspyQEUpo8

3. Jan 24, 2012 at 3:01 PM
    TacomaGus

TacomaGus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    also in reference to your straight pipe (from the muffler back i'm assuming?) don't order piping from anywhere or buy a catback system as its just a waste of money. Just get the muffler and have the exhaust guy do the outlet piping however you want it. Magnaflow has enough options with their mufflers it makes things pretty easy

Products Discussed in

To Top