1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Iditarod street race in So Cal

Discussion in 'Pets' started by dumontrider, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Sep 19, 2016 at 10:52 AM
    dumontrider

dumontrider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    La Habra, CA
    Vehicle:
    14 GX460
    Bit of a novel, but this was a wild morning fellow dog lovers!
    Pulling out of my 'hood at 6:45 this morning :pccoffee: I hear the distinct sound of metal scraping asphalt. Trying to look out my limo tint in the fog I didn't immediately see anything, until "it" passed in front of my truck going the direction I was about go. This pair was leashed together, male & female, with about 10 feet of leash tied to a clapped out beach cruiser on its side. Me & the Jeep driver coordinated on boxing them in against the median, he went nose into the curb & I got my nose against his rear bumper, a sort of triangle. The bicycle got stuck under his chassis & they were stuck. We spent about 5 minutes standing there saying "WTF these are huge huskies, wonder if they'll maul us". The male was about thigh high and maybe 90 lbs, the female was just above the knee and about 60 lbs. We live next to a riverbed pathway & have lots of homeless camps, so I had no way to predict their temperament. I got out my knife and kneeled down out of their reach. The male put himself between me & the female, but neither made any signs of aggression (paging Cesar Millan). After a few minutes of talking & letting him see me I walked around the Jeep & began untying the leash, not sure if they'd come at me or not. Well lucky for me they turned out to be sweethearts. I got them over to the park & tied them to a tree. While they were sniffing me I managed to take a picture of the female's collar but before I could dial a car screeched up honking, an older guy jumped out wearing a helmet and dropped to the wet grass hugging them. Turns out he was playing tennis on the other end of the park (about a mile) and had them tied to the bike, but the bike wasn't tied to anything. They jerked the bike over and spooked, then took off.

I'm so glad we were able to stop these pups & get them out of harms way. This is on a major street (Studebaker) not very far from the Cerritos Auto Square, and we were less than 50 yards from a huge intersection with blinding morning sun. 2 large dogs and a beach cruiser could have ended very badly if they went into that intersection. Needless to say I didn't need any coffee after this!

NAAC3TACO and Nickel like this.
  2. Sep 19, 2016 at 11:10 AM
    Nickel

Nickel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    Rio Rancho New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2013 T/X TRD
    does turning tires to black wall out count? How bout added snug top rebel.
    Good job! Awesome story

Products Discussed in

To Top