1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

If your dog were to attack someone?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by luk8272, Dec 17, 2008.

?

What would you do If your dog attacked someone, in your yard, or out on a walk?

1. Put it to sleep (Professionally)

17 vote(s)
    19.1%
  2. Kill it (yourself)

20 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Hide it

51 vote(s)
    57.3%
  4. Give it away

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. Dec 17, 2008 at 12:45 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I'd give my dog a big soup bone as a treat and scold her for not going for the jugular.

2. Dec 17, 2008 at 12:45 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Exactly! Kill all the witnesses so you don't have a problem anymore... :)

My dogs are my best friends and are very well trained and well behaved. If something like that DID happen and I (or my dog) was found to be in the wrong by some authority figure (police, court, etc...), I'd simply move far away. Anyone try to come get them, they'd have to get through me first.

3. Dec 17, 2008 at 12:55 PM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.

I agree. My dog is just about my number 1. I've only had him for a year and a half but i've gotten so used to him always being with me i couldn't handle it without him. He goes EVERYWHERE with me, the store, fishing, hunting, camping, anywhere. He never complains like my girlfriend either :cool:

4. Dec 17, 2008 at 1:07 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    I'd whoop someone elses ass before Id even consider killing my dog, thats just dumb

5. Dec 17, 2008 at 1:18 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Sad story... Sorry to hear that.

6. Dec 17, 2008 at 1:21 PM
    TRD4x4858

TRD4x4858 Taco Traitor!

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    95 Jeep XJ
    BONE STOCK! lol
    If the dog keeps biting people and not able to be around strangers, Id try training, if that doesnt work then goodbye, not worth getting sued over

7. Dec 17, 2008 at 1:24 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    thats a fucked up story, you should have told them they were breaking and entering and you were at no fault. fuck that dumb little kid, get a new black lab and then find that girl and let the dog Pwn that newb

8. Dec 17, 2008 at 1:30 PM
    TRD4x4858

TRD4x4858 Taco Traitor!

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    95 Jeep XJ
    BONE STOCK! lol
    oh yeah I hear that, in the house or yard yeah but like my friend has a dog they cant even walk with, doesnt bark, just waits for people to get close and it bites them. Im all for case by case, I would never want to kill my dog but I wouldnt be able to forgive myself if my dog were to hurt a small child or something

9. Dec 17, 2008 at 2:49 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    +1 :d

10. Dec 17, 2008 at 3:22 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    I agree that I couldn't vote unless I had a specific situation.

I recieved a dog once for free, kind of a rescue you could say. A 130lb dog stuck in an apartment in the city. Never been off the leash.

Brought him to the farm and 'set him free to run'. He ran straight for the pond jumped in and swam about 5 laps around the pond. Thought he was gonna drown. Wow,talk about excited, so excited he would nip at you sometimes out of excitment.

I did not have children at the time but a friend of mine did. They had been around the dog a few times with no issues.

A couple of months into having this dog my friend came to the house with his kids. When they got out of the truck the dog ran right past my buddy and went straight at the little girl. Around 8 or 9yrs. old at the time. He loved kids.
    She turned and the dog bit her on the back. He wasn't 'attacking' cause he could have killed her quickly if he wanted. I believe he was too excited to see them and couldn't control himself. The girl got about 5 stitches.

The dog was up on all shots, and I kept the dog for the amount of days required.

My wife and I had gotton quite attached to the dog. I put the dog down myself in a very humane way.

To this day I don't regret doing it myself, and also to this day that little girl still has a slight fear of big dogs. I sometimes struggle with the guilt that maybe I could have prevented this.

11. Dec 17, 2008 at 3:38 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Hoosier, Pat.
    Sorry to hear the sad stories. Wish it could have been different.

12. Dec 17, 2008 at 3:55 PM
    SLOTaco

SLOTaco Ultimate Member

Member:
    Central Coast, California
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    '06 TRD Sport 4x4 AC, K&N drop in air filter, Magnaflow cat back, Bilstein 5100's with Toytec adjustable front coil over 3" lift, rear TSB, AllPro UCA's.
    I'd never allow my dog to be put down, or would I hurt him myself, I'd move before I allowed any of that to happen.
    [​IMG]

13. Jan 20, 2010 at 10:38 PM
    LJD

LJD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Very honourable of you dude. Good call and good karma.

14. Jan 20, 2010 at 11:17 PM
    4low2go

4low2go Well-Known Member

Member:
    Coatesville, PA
    Vehicle:
    10 RC 4x4 5sp MGM
    Curt hitch, OBX Shift
    If the dog bites, good bye :smash:. One that bites, or fails to heed its' masters instructions, and continues an attack while in the presence of its' master is dangerous, and will usually end up in a lawsuit which the dogs owner loses. I took in a medium sized dog from friends, which clamped down on a two year olds arm. Not a real bite, no punctures, but was enough of a bite to me, put it down the next business day. Currently have two well behaved Shih Tzu's. They listen very well in friends and family's opinion, but are like kids and have to be reminded often. A well behaved dog is a pleasure for most who come in contact with it. A dog which jumps up on others shows lack of training, and very little discipline.

15. Jan 21, 2010 at 2:03 AM
    john32

john32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Seaside, Ca
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Reg cab 2.7L SR5 Manual
    diff breather
    it depends on the situation but i would never put my dog down unless it was court ordered. but then again my dog would never attack a human unless it was in self defense, she is a sweet heart, like most dogs are

16. Jan 21, 2010 at 2:38 AM
    blackwatertaco

blackwatertaco If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Alvin/Pasadena, Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 taco, 4x4 2.7 5spd.
    One fucked up diff. breather mod, 265/75/16 Destiny Dakota M/T Black gulf states rims BHLM Magnaflow 14" muffler with cut off tail pipe. 10" pioneer slim truck sub with JBL 600W amp. PROJECT BLACK OUT
    I had a Pitbull attack my St.benard and my pit mix...I shot it.

17. Jan 21, 2010 at 5:00 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    Yup, too many variables to decide on here.
    If i had to put mine down, I would do it myself. old yeller style. Very quick and very painless to him. I would be sad, but I refuse to pay a vet to OD my dog.

18. Jan 21, 2010 at 5:14 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    There was a thread on here a while back by a guy whose dog had bitten his son's face and the wound requied stitches. He posted a pic... it was bad. At that time, I said you've gotta git rid of the dog one way or another... give it to people w/o kids, or put it down. I caught a lot of hell for my position, but in that case I stand by it.

When it doesn't involve kids, I don't think a dog should be put down or given away unless it attacks completely unprovoked. If your dog were to attack a person or another dog in a way that made you think it was defending your GF, I think that's a no-brainer.... the dog gets a treat, not a shot.

I don't understand the problem that owner had with you... his dogs were barking at you as you walked by his house, and he came and yelled at you? That sounds like a total ass-hat to me. I'd avoid his house if at all possible, and carry mace for the dogs if I couldn't avoid. Obviously, don't do anything to provoke the dogs, though.

Anyway, I'm rambling now... gotta get ready for work...

19. Jan 21, 2010 at 5:15 AM
    StZu

StZu Where the White Women At?

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    18 Super White TRD Offroad
    Level 8 Wheels, Bilstien/Eibach lift, 2" aal, blacked out rear bumper, AC drain hose relocation, sound deadening 4 doors and back wall, amp/speaker upgrade, 10" daytona sub, LED interior lights.
    I have 2 boxers. My boy(Bruce), he is great around humans, but if you get him around another dog he has the tendency to go ape shit. We adopted him from a Boxer rescue and I think that he was used as a bait dog before I got him. He does well with other boxers but any other breed and he tries to kill them. This combination makes for some very interesting walks.
    Bruce, lets my 10 mo. old son crawl all over him and is super patient so I trust him. Bruce is super protective of Makoa (my son). If a stranger comes into the house, he will get between my family and the stranger and not let the person in the door unless we tell him its ok.
    My female boxer(Zu) was attacked on a walk one day at the park, this dude didn't have his dog on a leash. The dog came up and attacked Zu. She had to get 27 staples and half her ear is gone. While trying to break up this fight I tried to kill both the owner and his dog. The owner had 3 broken ribs and the dog had a fractured skull. I stomped a mudhole in both. The guy tried to sue me, but the judge threw the case out because he said I was within my rights to defend my property. I.E. my little girl Zu.

Leash your dogs.

20. Jan 21, 2010 at 5:21 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    WErd, I like my dog beter than most people.

Products Discussed in

To Top