1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Im 16, Broke, W/ 2wd. Want a new.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by OFFROADCARWASH, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Nov 6, 2008 at 3:56 PM
    OFFROADCARWASH

OFFROADCARWASH [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacktown, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2000 Taco customized
    Custom badged black, 100watt LOUDSPEAKER mounted under toolbox, UWS toolbox, All terrain Tires, K&N Ram Air Intake, HUGE flood lights mounted to Tool Box, Cobra CB radio, Francis Antenna, HELLA Blue Headlights, 12 Pad LEDS in Cab lights, Husky Liners, Tinted Windows at 15%, Thrush Glass Pack (burned Out) with 4inch Tip..Remote Crank and Intry, 2 12" subs, Blacked out head lights and tail lights.
    !!!!!!!!!!THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!

Heres what I got
    1.SAVE MONEY MORE. How? brown bag my lunch, sale crap I dont use, don't drive as much.
    2. Be grateful for what I got. TRUE
    3. Yea when my friends brag, I say yea your daddy bought it, so dont brag.
    4.I HAVE A FREAKING TACO. nuff said. Its not that bad...I just need a winch, hey christmas is around the corner..haha

No you guys havent scared me off at all ya'll have helped me A LOT.
    **yea my Iphone was THE STUPIDIST thing I had ever purchased, AND what happend..The bitch broke.***

2. Nov 6, 2008 at 4:01 PM
    duke598

duke598 Newbie

Member:
    Savannah, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    Dual Silverline Stainlesspack with Stainless Steel Tips, 3" ReadyLift SST, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1s wrapped with 285/75/16 Terra Grapplers, 4 piece Billet Grille with black toyota emblem
    agreed

3. Nov 6, 2008 at 4:05 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    good reading comprehension

after looking at your pics...i think for minimal $ you could have a decent truck even if it is 2wd...some tires and a cheap locker

4. Nov 6, 2008 at 4:10 PM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    Looks like it had help to me.... I sense a story :popcorn:

5. Nov 6, 2008 at 4:12 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    We dont want to scare you off-we want ya to do good and enjoy your blessings-wow..we have some really good people here!:)

6. Nov 6, 2008 at 4:15 PM
    RoyB

RoyB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    good attitude. youll look back and be glad that you werent one of the spoiled rich kids....youll understand what a buck means. I had my parents hand-me down at 16. By the time I was 18/19, I had a good paying job and bought a car that I wanted- myself. its only been downshill since- buying cars, houses, etc. kinda wish i was back in highschool chasing girls and living the "easy" life.

in the mean time you can get a winch or come-along so if you get stuck, you can get out easier. also invest in some real mud tires for the rear as well...or even cheap lift kit (blocks maybe). shouldnt cost that much for that stuff and still improve your offroading experience. then when you have your 4wd truck you will be more experienced at offroading since you started on 2wd which is obviously harder.

7. Nov 6, 2008 at 4:49 PM
    Drew793

Drew793 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road V6 Auto
    Weather Tech window shades, Roll-N-Lock cover with cargo manager, Led interior bed lights, EZ down tailgate strut, SpiderTrax1.25" wheel spacers, tinted windows, second filter removed, Grillcraft Mesh upper and lower grill, Castrol Syntec.
    It's a tough situation but rest assured that a lot of us have been there. Hang in there and keep doing what you're doing. Go to school, work, save and it will get better.

As for a short term fix, I would try to get a posi rear or a locker as someone suggested. I drove a 71 Camaro with a posi rear and could just about anywhere with it when it snowed. No, it's not the same as 4WD but it will get you around better than with an open rear differential.

Start saving up a little fund on the side for this mod and if you have to work a little longer hours or possible get another side job then do it to get what you want.

Good luck and don't give up hope.

Oh and don't take anything posted as a lecture by anyone here,,, we all just trying to give you good advise and some of our own experience.

8. Nov 7, 2008 at 5:01 AM
    Hot Tamale

Hot Tamale Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab 4x2
    Glad we didn't scare you off. :thumbsup: You seem like a smart guy who just needed someone to point out how lucky you already are. The impressive thing is that you realized we were all just trying to help and you didn't end up getting p.o.'d at everybody. Hang in there and keep us informed on how you're doing.

Products Discussed in

To Top