1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I'm being investigated....

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by LilTuffGirl, Nov 19, 2011.

1. LilTuffGirl

LilTuffGirl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikki
    WV
    3" rough country lift leather
    For a job ;) :D

I just started my part time job so i've had pretty much no time off.. I was trying to sleep a few hours after I got off at 7am to go back to work at 7pm after only sleeping an hour and a half between jobs the day before when I heard knocking at my door. I said "eh whoever it is can come back later i'll ignore it." nope.. more knocking.. So I grunt and get up and answer the door in my plad PJ pants and a tank top (thank god it's not warm or I would have been in sports bra and shorts).. Yeaaa it's the PD I tested for and they are doing their random stop by and interview part of the hiring process. :eek:

They ask me to come in to fill out my pre polygraph paper work soon. I tried to nap a bit before hand but no go.. I just got up and road the motorcycle there.. was a bit cold..

While I was there I met a lot of the officers and they are insanely cool!!! The one detective who ran my last lap during the test with me apparently hit the kill switch on my bike while I was inside and waited for me to come out... Bike wouldn't start... He said "piece of crap bike" I Said apparently... He said "or you can just hit the button on the handlebar there.." ohhh so not right! lol Made me feel like a 'tard :(

But yea.. they said I'll probably get submitted to the civil board but may not be hired because I am lower on the list (9 out of 56) and they are only taking 3. I'm hoping like hell they chose me though!! I know the chances are slim but man.. I want it bad!

Also on the list for another city... about to apply at one more on monday. All are going to be a bit of a drive from where I live but good thing i'm only renting.

2. ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Good Luck

3. babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    Even if you don't get hired, you were asked to come in. That means you have a pretty good chance - you gotta figure it costs them money to send someone out and to have you come in, right?

And as for the kill switch thing...they test you all of the time. Probably wanted to see how you reacted.

Good luck to you, my fingers are crossed. Not too many women apply and make it as far as you are so maybe you DO have a step ahead of the others, don't you agree? :)

4. LilTuffGirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikki
    WV
    Around here the department's can get grants and such to hire woman. The other one I'm on the list for is actually seeking women.
    When I was younger I said I wouldn't take a job that took me just because I was female.. now I say hell yea! lol

All I need is that chance to prove i'll be great at this job!

And no he hit the kill switch to pick on me. They have already started that on me... Everyone kept coming in to chat with me until the detective who is doing the investigation on me kicked them out lol

5. babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    LOL! Sounds like when a female first signs up with TW. :p

6. Rellik01

Rellik01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    Bull Guard powder coated white, chrome aftermarket tail lights,Led interior lights, Factory roof rack, Bug deflector, Factory tow package, Garmin GPS, Viper 5901 alarm with auto start, Weather tech window wind deflectors, , 3" Tube steps powder coated white, CB Radio, Radio Scanner.
    They always pick on the rookies.

7. k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    good luck

8. LilTuffGirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikki
    WV
    'eh I already figured I wouldn't get hired this go around but got the phone call to confirm and it sucked to actually hear lol but he did say I was first in line for the next hire. :( I should be happy about that but i'm not the most patient person when it comes to something I really want lol

Now to always keep the house clean and wear the nicest things to bed just in case one of the other departments decide to do the knock and talk lol :cool:

9. ChamYota

ChamYota AKA Crash Bandicoot

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Clemson,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner AND 82' Toyota P/U 4wd
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    ^ :laugh:

I hope you get the job!

10. dayNnite4

dayNnite4 We can't stop here, this is bat country.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    NJ/MN
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 5-speed AC
    good luck next time around!!

11. tigerfan00

tigerfan00 BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    Maybe next time you should wear less to bed...just sayin...

And the guys at the office i'm sure were just vying to be the first in the dept

Don't read too much into how they were treating you

With that said...i've heard that most people dont work for the dept that they want to at first...so it may not hurt to take another job for now...good luck!

12. Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner DoubleCab TRD
    Bull bar, nerf bars, bed extender, tonneu cover, bug deflector, wish list,....
    Good luck. I hope you find your dream job soon. Be patient.

13. LilTuffGirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikki
    WV
    Honestly I REALLY want to work for the county I'm dispatching in. But they wont test until new Sheriff is elected next year.
    This one would be my 2nd pick..
    3rd pick i've already tested for and can't get ahold of anyone to see where I stand there...

Then there is another dept about 30 min away from here that is about to test. I guess i'll test there for shits and giggles... Heard they make a good amount of money out there but it's for sure out there!!

State will be testing again soon as well but that's a longer academy (don't have a problem with that other than having to use someone to take care of my animals while i'm gone.. thats a long time to be gone) and they WILL move me wherever they want. Single and don't own a house.. yea.. i'm being moved..

14. 2009Silver

2009Silver Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2009 Silver 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    WeatherTechs Bed Extender Bed Mat 3" Lift Spidertrax Clarion DVD HU Overhead Monitor
    I hope wherever you work you don't get verbally abused or worse by womanizing creeps that feel they are above the law - but instead it turns into a rewarding safe career. Best of luck to you.

15. KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    I'm just starting the suspense of investigations and testing now...we'll see how it goes. Even though you didn't get on this time, at least you know that you are lined up for first for next time! Although the waiting game sucks ass.

16. LilTuffGirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikki
    WV
    No crap! And the 10 thousand texts I got from everyone i've ever known stating I "owe" them for making me sound like the best thing since sliced bread. lol I said wait I owe you for telling the truth? ;)

I've always worked with a lot of men - i'm use to it.. I can joke with the best of 'em. If anyone ever gets out of hand being co worker or anyone else I have no problem letting it be known.

I'm a pretty good fit for the job honestly. I know damn well what i'm getting into at least! Already done the fire, ems, and dispatch side of things...

17. TacoTabe

TacoTabe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    York County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Money Pit

Just remember not to get involved with anyone in your dept., and if you're involved with a cop now, I wouldnt work the same dept. as him.

I know guys who have done this successfully- couple of em happily married to coworkers, but the majority of the time it doesnt work out. And then the talking starts- so and so is banging him/her, etc.

Just my .02- dont shit where ya eat. Especially not in this job.

Good luck!

18. LilTuffGirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikki
    WV
    The talk starts no matter what you do. I'm already a 911 dispatcher so it happens. I'm use to it.. EMS was just as bad. Couldn't work with a male partner without hearing i'm doing him.

I am dating a deputy at the department I want to be on. They wouldn't put us on the same shift if I was to get hired there. Both of us are mature enough to deal with it if anything happened so i'm not too worried.

But don't plan on dating any co workers... I don't want someone babysitting me while I work. Would be HIGHLY annoying. The b/f already said he would monitor the other county to make sure I don't need help. :mad: Not impressed.

19. k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    We have a 100% failure rate of marriages\dating at our dept. x2

20. ftttu

ftttu Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    K
    Texas Desert
    Vehicle:
    No-mod Tacoma
    Good luck Girl. Keep your eye on the goal and don't lose sight of it. Also, we have two officers on the street who used to be our dispatchers. Another one, a female, is on-track to come out as an officer also. They all told me it is a different world from sitting behind a phone and CAD to being on the street.

To Top