1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I'm New and need help!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sawxfan32, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Jun 7, 2011 at 7:17 AM
    sawxfan32

sawxfan32 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Shawnee, KS (Kansas City)
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    2.5" Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, Black Ultra Thunder Rims with Nitto Terra Grapplers, 17" Antenna,
    Hey everyone. Great site you all have going on here! As the title says I'm new to the site and truck ownership. After years of car ownership I finally decided I needed more room to haul stuff around yet give me the flexibility of piling my family in the vehicle when needed. I wanted the best gas mileage I could get so I decided to purchase a 2011 Taco Double Cab SR5 w/ the TRD Sport package. I'm waiting delivery and can I say I feel like a giddy child waiting for Christmas morning. Crazy!

Anyway sorry to go on and on, but I'm wondering if someone can help answer a few questions for me. I'm wanting to do a 3" suspension lift (probably revtech) and put on 17" moto metal 951's to start with and 33" tires. My questions are what width and offset should I go with that will look really nice and what tire size do you all recommend? I would like to avoid rubbing as I had 20" wheels on my car before and if I had one passenger in the car and went over a slight bump I got all kinds of rubbing going on which is quite embarassing and annoying. I would like to avoid most of that this time around. Slight rubbing is ok just not a whole lot. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Products Discussed in

To Top