1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Im so pissed right now, and i got a couple Q's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Grande, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Apr 28, 2011 at 1:39 PM
    Grande

Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thomas, The little truck that could
    Painted badges. Bedlined grille, wheels and lower valence. Billies 5100 @.85 up front. Dodger Jack Ball Mod. Custom trail damaged rear bumper (for the time being). Lil LED light bar on grill. Hard-wired Radar Det. Custom Projector fog lights, Anytime Fog Mod, HIDS, White LED accent lighting on a Single post double toggle swicht, so they light up wit my door/dome light, or always on, or never on. LED map and dome lights.
    well i was just about to buy my tailights and finally my fogs lights, but i never checked to see if i had the fog light plugs, bcuz i hav the Off-Road, but when i bought it, it didnt have fogs, and never really thought about it when i was looking at my truck, i was looking or other keys things, like damage and stuff like that....

so i went to go look for it and i found them, but it wasnt good, they were cutt off and tucked in hidden, im gona call the guy who sold it to me and see what he has to say, bcuz he told me he took them off, he didnt tell me he cutt them off and just hid the wires outta sight....

i think he might of hav been a member on here or sum other tacoma site, bcuz my horns are re-loctaed off to the side, and there are a couple wires that look like he cut to tap in or sumthin but they are all shrinkwraped or whatever back together, so that part is ok, JUST THE FOGS!!!!!!

so my question is when i buy my fogs, they are gona come with the wireing, so should i cutt off the connects with some slack so they are long enough, then just then soder the wires together then shrinkwrap it, or how would i go about this to fix it so i can run my fogs.

PISSED!!.jpg

2. Apr 28, 2011 at 1:42 PM
    Rashnu

Rashnu Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 T4R TEP
    -Airaid Intake -5100's -Weathertech's -Rear camera anytime -xmods mounting plate w/ bluesea fuse block
    are you talking about the fog light harness?

3. Apr 28, 2011 at 1:52 PM
    Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Painted badges. Bedlined grille, wheels and lower valence. Billies 5100 @.85 up front. Dodger Jack Ball Mod. Custom trail damaged rear bumper (for the time being). Lil LED light bar on grill. Hard-wired Radar Det. Custom Projector fog lights, Anytime Fog Mod, HIDS, White LED accent lighting on a Single post double toggle swicht, so they light up wit my door/dome light, or always on, or never on. LED map and dome lights.
    yes, im not really too electrical savy

4. Apr 28, 2011 at 4:38 PM
    Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    yea i guess just attaching or sodering the wires i have left over, to the new ones wires i get with my fogg and use use the connectors that come with the fogs,

or replacing my whole wire harness and getting a new one? if so thne i could live with out fogs.

or i could just use the wires and everything that comes with the fog and just connect it to my fog light switch thats already next to the loker switch.....or no bcuz my dash might still tell me that my fog it out, bcuz the wires that are in ther already, all kinda run together and throw sensors at each another, if i just connect my new fogs to all the new hardware and just left my fog switch alone and let the wire just chill under that hood, would the ECU still rea d no fog lights thus keeping the fog dash light on telling me its out........

5. Apr 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    North Pole, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    Money pit.
    If you're putting in aftermarket fogs you'd have to cut the connectors off anyways.

6. Apr 28, 2011 at 4:50 PM
    Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    really, they were meant for our housing in ur front bumpers, they werent OEM but they looked like the same plug and connector as the OEM ones to me, o well ill figured it out when they arrive, but what if the ones in my truck are a diferent size gage wire, isnt gona create resistence and not work properly.

or are most and all wirs the same gage in our hood, except for the battery terminals obvisouly

To Top